Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't believe that Boba rumor. Kathleen Kennedy basically just said that the spin off movies won't feature characters from the episodes. Exact quote

George was so clear as to how that works. The canon that he created was the Star Wars saga. Right now, [Episode VII] falls within that canon. The spin-off movies, or we may come up with some other way to call those films, they exist within that vast universe that he created,” she says.

“There is no attempt being made to carry characters (from the standalone films) in and out of the saga episodes. Consequently, from the creative standpoint, it’s a roadmap that George made pretty clear,” she adds.

I'm ok with this. Allows them to explore completely new territory.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-spin-offs-wont-mess-with-skywalker-saga-episodes/

I just take that to mean the spin-off characters (the supporting cast of the Boba Fett movie) won't also be in the main saga, Episodes 7-9. They could still do something stupid with Boba Fett himself. And that stupid version of Boba Fett could be in the new episodes.

I hope this is all a bad rumor though. The thing about them wanting to do this stupid Boba Fett story because of Lucas' clones storyline in the prequels reminds me of:

If rumors are true and Kasdan pens the story and Joe Johnston directs, there's no way they'd let any of the Disney "suits" mess anything up. My fingers crossed that happens, it's all I'm asking for as a big Boba Fett fan.

Multiple sources now have confirmed for us that "Star Wars Episode VII" is set to start shooting mid-May and will run through September of this year, and most principal casting on the film is complete, with many announcements still to come. While Abrams had mentioned May during the TCA press tour and there had been speculation about the summer date, the full production schedule was finally confirmed for us.

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captur...i-shooting-dates-revealed#Zf8oehzufl1jDTkT.99

Hopefully they give some casting information soon, maybe even a title...anything man throw us a bone :lol:

Wouldn't even surprise me if they waited until the month they started shooting to announce anything. At least we know we will have something within 3 months.

Last edited:
My son & I loved watching the Clone Wars cartoon on The Cartoon Network. It was appointment TV for the both of us. We were sad to see it was canceled because it was a great series. Great illustrations & good story lines. Here's some great news from Netflix.

http://www.slashfilm.com/watch-a-cl...-missions-season-of-star-wars-the-clone-wars/

Watch a Clip From Upcoming “Lost Missions” Season of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’
Posted on Thursday, February 13th, 2014 by Russ Fischer

This morning brought the news that the sixth and final season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars will be released all at once to Netflix on March 7. While the show was canceled last year, producers put together this deal to finish unproduced episodes in order to answer some lingering questions. The new “season” is dubbed The Lost Missions.

At the same time, the five previous seasons of Clone Wars will be available to stream on Netflix, with a few director’s cut episodes. The feature film will also show up, giving Netflix subscribers one huge package of Star Wars material.

Below, you can see a clip from one of the Lost Missions episodes.

The season as a whole will follow the aftermath of “Ahsoka’s emotional exit from the Jedi order, which needs any and all Jedi and their lightsabers to deal with the growing threat of the evil Sith Lords and their apprentices.”

USA Today debuted this clip, which features Yoda (voiced by Tom Kane) being visited by the spirit of Qui-Gon Jinn (Liam Neeson).

Also, there was an At-At attack at the Sochi Olympics... :lol:

:smokin :smokin :smokin Perfect way to release those episodes, The Clone Wars TV show is vastly underrated among star wars fans. It's exactly what most people wanted from the prequels imo.

In news related to the TV show and the EU/Episode VII by extension, Yoda will apparently visit the Sith home world in one of these episodes

It's called 'Morriband'

Tells us all we need to know about the future of the EU

Last edited:
:smokin :smokin :smokin Perfect way to release those episodes, The Clone Wars TV show is vastly underrated among star wars fans. It's exactly what most people wanted from the prequels imo.

In news related to the TV show and the EU/Episode VII by extension, Yoda will apparently visit the Sith home world in one of these episodes

It's called 'Morriband'

Tells us all we need to know about the future of the EU

Yeah, that they intend to follow it detail by detail, only changing the names by 1-2 letters.

Jacen becomes Jasen.

Jaina, becomes Jayna.

Dumb *************. :lol:

Just use the damn EU as is and stop pretending we're all stupid.

Possibly the first Episode VII concept art
epvii-production-500x279.jpg

epvii-production-close.jpg

This is definitely Episode VII related as the production designer Rick Carter is pictured, he has had no prior involvement with Star Wars other than Episode VII.

Also JJ Abrams said yesterday that casting would be announced "pretty soon "

Final casting calls took place in early January

http://www.independent.ie/entertain...abrams-tips-him-as-one-to-watch-30010240.html

Young 20 year old Irish Black male made it to the final cuts but was beaten out by 'someone with more experience'

Actors had to act out two scenes from Episode VII and signed a confidentiality agreement promising not to talk about the contents of those two scenes.

Things are finally starting to heat up. Looks like Disney will release the casting in its entirety and basic plot summary at the same time.

Last edited:
Falcon-Annotated.png

People are saying the Falcon is in the second picture also, a slight reach imo but anyways

falcon_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

nagy_kanyon5_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Last edited:
i hope i live to see these movies

and i hope they do not alter the universe drastically as far as look of planets are concerned

Girls and Inside Llewyn Davis actor Adam Driver is headed to the dark side.

Variety reports that Driver is near a deal to play the unnamed villain in Star Wars: Episode VII.

"Exact details are unknown, but the character is said to be in the vein of iconic Star Wars villain Darth Vader," the trade claims.
girls13_57.jpg

NO THANKS

I am... not that mad about that. I'll allow it.

If anything at least he looks like a dirty rat bastard

Oh I agree, I would too, I just thought of him from his picture (minus the goatee) and the main villain is all.

The most exciting thing about this is that Lucasfilm supposedly purposely leaked this to the trade sites, and everyone is saying we should be getting a steady stream of announcements over the next few weeks :smokin

I am... not that mad about that. I'll allow it.

If anything at least he looks like a dirty rat bastard

I have a bad flu right now and you almost made mechoke to death :lol: on the money about him looking like a dirty rat bastard :lol:

Back
Top Bottom