Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They took alot of names/concepts from the EU for the PT( Quinlan Vos, Aayla Securla, Coruscant etc) I'm hoping they'll follow suit for the ST and the Solo kids are Twins named Jaina and Jacen and that a couple NJO Jedi will at least be named dropped.

Deadline just reported (and the Hollywood Reporter, slash film and others backed it up) that a table read for Episode VII is taking place tomorrow, and the cast is in place.

They think this is our cast.

Maisie Richardson Sellers (Rumored Descendent of Obi-Wan)
maisie-richardson-sellers.jpg

John Boyega(Likely Jedi Student)

John-Boyega-1.jpg

Adam Driver (Villain)

Adam-Driver.jpg

Oscar Isaac (Unknown Major Role)

Oscar-Isaac-Talks-Inside-Llewyn-Davis.jpg

And of course

Harrison-Ford-Aug-8-2013.jpg

Hamill.jpg

FISHER.jpg

Han Solo also has a MAJOR role in Episode VII according to these reports

http://m.deadline.com/2014/04/star-wars-cast-rumors-oscar-isaac-adam-driver-john-boyega/

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/04/is-this-our-cast-for-star-wars-episode-vii/

A lot of these guys have been spotted in London in the past couple of days

Speaking of carrie fisher she looks horrible like roger ebert with that rubber face

:lol:@ carrie fisher on legit

"The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer

http://strw.rs/QVqHpp"

View media item 944694

Is that thee andy serkis? Smeagol from lotr?

Can someone post pics of each actor?

Im onlyfamiliar with john boyega guy due to attack the block and adam driver cuz he looks like a big dork

Last edited:
I've been meaning to ask how do y'all feel about JJ Abrams directing and writing some of the screenplay for this?

I mean I know what he's done for Star Trek but does anybody have worries what he'll do here?

I hope serkis is a villian. He just has that twisted evil look thanks big j for the links

Im just glad they didnt go out and get disney and pop american stars who are well known

:smokin :smokin It's real

Only obvious casting is Daisy Ridley as the Solo daughter.

Serkis probably will do another CG role, hmmmm

Van Sydow and Driver as Sith Master and Apprentice?

And no wife in site for Luke, looking like he kept to the old Jedi ways

Boyega - Gleeson - Ridley = the 3 new leads?

Where does that leave Isaac?

Im just happy we have something concrete to talk about. Now the wait for the title and teaser trailer.

Last edited:
Speaking of carrie fisher she looks horrible like roger ebert with that rubber face

:lol:@ carrie fisher on legit

:x Yeah... If she tells Han "I love you" in this movie, she is definitely getting the "I know" again :rofl:

Last edited:
I just can't believe we're a year away from a new Star Wars movie. The only other times I was this hyped like this was Revenge of the Sith and Avengers.

I just can't believe we're a year away from a new Star Wars movie. The only other times I was this hyped like this was Revenge of the Sith and Avengers.

This.

We will actually see Luke as a Jedi Master, or Leia potentially pull out a lightsaber :smh: Can't wait

I think boyega ridley and Gleeson are jedi apprentices and possible offspring of the old guys. Issac would be perfect playing the new Han solo type character.

Also, if Van Sydow and Driver are the sith, I'm calling for Driver to kill van sydow sometime in the trilogy and Gleeson characters to fall into the dark side under Driver. Bleedat :lol:

Boyega will then get offed by Gleeson and in the final episode it'll be ridley vs. Gleeson ala Jacen vs. Jaina. They gonna end up doing LotF whether they want to or not

Last edited:
So much excitement. :pimp:

Star Wars was my childhood. Best believe I will be watching this at midnight.

I'm not really familiar with any of the cast members but it's good Abrams went with lesser known actors opposed to mega stars. Other than Syndow and Driver I'm not familiar with the rest of them.

I wonder how close they'll stick to the EU. And if they'll be secretive about the newcomers' roles until release day.

Without the EU, I'm not really excited about the casting until I start hearin what's what.

I see it's mostly unknowns and that's a good start. But unless they name them Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin what's the point?

I'm sure I'll hype up as we get closer, but right now, it's just more failure. 10 year old boys in the prequels, 70 year old characters in the sequels. :smh:

Dag you were really looking forward to them using the EU like that man?

I still think the potential is there for the EU to be used in some of the spin offs.

Back
Top Bottom