Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I watched some of the Star Wars films a long time ago. I'm super stoked about this but I want to be as caught up as possible. You think I should just YouTube it to get caught up or binge watch all of the episodes this weekend and see the new episode Sunday night? The only thing i'm worried about is coming across spoilers. I spend a lot of time on the internets and i'm sure i'll see a spoiler of some sort before Sunday night.

^ Do the Machete order... that is Episodes: 4, 5, 2, 3, 6... to make the most of fully-enjoying TFA.  

And yeah, the usual social-media could have a lot of spoilers so it's obvs best you avoid what you can.  Don't let it ruin the experience. 

Last edited:
+130 unread posts later... I am now ready to talk about the movie!!! 

I NEED to talk about the movie!!! 

I NEED TO DEBRIEF.

Let's talk the overall story and the prophecy of the chosen one. A lot of the Star Wars boards are trying to flip it that Rey may be a random person created by the force because of her ambiguous parentage but the film clearly leans toward her being a skywalker and Luke being her father. Being raised on a desert planet (like her father and grandfather) being a really great pilot (like her father and grandfather) being a natural in the force and being drawn to the same lightsaber that her father and grandfather used. The reason why Han seems to recognize her and Leia seems to recognize her is because they know it's her niece but Luke hid her away and MAYBE wiped her memories but they know and as the movie goes on she knows too. From not knowing if the Jedi are real or not to knowing who Darth Vader is and seemingly having a connection with Kylo Ren who seemed to recognize her as well. There is also the ending scene with the looks that Rey and Luke exchange with each other. Luke looks at her as if he just saw his long lost daughter and Rey looks as if she's found her dad who just so happens to be the most powerful person in the galaxy.... Does it not make sense to anyone else that Darth Vader would have two descendants, one who is of the dark side and one who is of the light...

Thoughts?

Last edited:
i have to be the only person in the world whos never seen a star wars movie..one day ill get around to it...

You're definitely not.. I know a ton of people who never saw them as a kid, then when they got older.. they never had any interest. A lot of people still consider Star Wars too nerdy, or they don't like anything space/sci-fi/fantasy so they never bothered. Or some people just flat out don't watch older movies at all

Hopefully TFA brings in a lot of new adult fans to the franchise.

+130 unread posts later... I am now ready to talk about the movie!!! 

I NEED to talk about the movie!!! 

I NEED TO DEBRIEF.
Let's talk the overall story and the prophecy of the chosen one. A lot of the Star Wars boards are trying to flip it that Rey may be a random person created by the force because of her ambiguous parentage but the film clearly leans toward her being a skywalker and Luke being her father. Being raised on a desert planet (like her father and grandfather) being a really great pilot (like her father and grandfather) being a natural in the force and being drawn to the same lightsaber that her father and grandfather used. The reason why Han seems to recognize her and Leia seems to recognize her is because they know it's her niece but Luke hid her away and MAYBE wiped her memories but they know and as the movie goes on she knows too. From not knowing if the Jedi are real or not to knowing who Darth Vader is and seemingly having a connection with Kylo Ren who seemed to recognize her as well. There is also the ending scene with the looks that Rey and Luke exchange with each other. Luke looks at her as if he just saw his long lost daughter and Rey looks as if she's found her dad who just so happens to be the most powerful person in the galaxy.... Does it not make sense to anyone else that Darth Vader would have two descendants, one who is of the dark side and one who is of the light...

Thoughts?
The reveal of Rey as Luke's daughter will for sure be in the next movie.

It was heavily implied.

3D or 2D?
I'm seeing it 3D IMAX on the first showing just because I want "the best" for the first time. There's only one theater in my area that's showing a non-3D IMAX and they don't have reserve seats. If they had reserved seating, I'd consider going to that instead.

Yep, I pretty much agree with most of that... that Rey is a Skywalker and may have some suppressed memories from when she was a kid.  The flashbacks sorta imply that.  It was also implied that Rey is stronger than Ben, which would make sense if Luke was her father.  
Other sidenotes... would have liked to see more scenes with Maz.  Wanted more insight from the wise, old lady.  I wonder if they'll address how she got Luke's lightsaber?

Also, Phasma... that was disappointing. 

And... Han.

Had tickets for Saturday iMax 3D but contemplating canceling and going tonight. Still seats available and I ain't got **** to do lmao

Thoughts?

ill be honest. i hated that ending scene. it was just waaaay too long tbh + the drone/chopper angle with rey just holding it up and luke not doing nothing :lol:

Phasma :smh:

i have to be the only person in the world whos never seen a star wars movie..one day ill get around to it...

I have a friend who has never seen any SW movie or tv series but has watched the Harry Potter and hunger games series multiple times go figure

I have a friend who has never seen any SW movie or tv series but has watched the Harry Potter and hunger games series multiple times go figure

I saw the prequels before the original movies which is probably why I am not a huge Star Wars fan

It's really no surprise, really... SW or sci-fi isn't for everyone... and not all sci-fi fans like SW, even.  

slighted slighted yallayalla yallayalla Sinner Sinner

yeah they're def setting up the reveal of like being her father for the sequel like The ESB but it will be in a different way. I'm thinking for what ever reason Luke didn't want her to know her parentage and relation to the legendary skywalkers cause that could fuel her fall to the darkside.... Her mother may be the real surprise of the whole trilogy. Maybe Phasma???? I mean Gwen Christie getting cast in a role that served no purpose this time around has to have a bigger payoff right?

And Han dying at the hands of his own son was kinda crazy but Harrison wanting Han to die since RotJ basically watered down his death IMO. If nothing else it served to show how much Kylo had fallen to the Dark Side.....The imminent showdown of Vader's 2 grandchildren. The saga begins tonight :D

^ Do the Machete order... that is Episodes: 4, 5, 2, 3, 6... to make the most of fully-enjoying TFA.  

And yeah, the usual social-media could have a lot of spoilers so it's obvs best you avoid what you can.  Don't let it ruin the experience. 
Why would somebody watch episodes 2 and 3 in between 5 and 6? Plus leave out 1? :lol:

Why would somebody watch episodes 2 and 3 in between 5 and 6? Plus leave out 1?
laugh.gif
http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

Makes sense.

Those came out early mid 2000s right? Those are modern looking and had the hype machine for your friend's age group most likely. Ya friend may have also just missed out on the hype for the prequels so again there's no interest.

Too much thought put in to that :lol:

Just watch the release order and don't watch George's edited editions so you don't see creepy Hayden as Anakin. Problem solved.

Last edited:
slighted slighted yallayalla yallayalla Sinner Sinner

yeah they're def setting up the reveal of like being her father for the sequel like The ESB but it will be in a different way. I'm thinking for what ever reason Luke didn't want her to know her parentage and relation to the legendary skywalkers cause that could fuel her fall to the darkside.... Her mother may be the real surprise of the whole trilogy. Maybe Phasma???? I mean Gwen Christie getting cast in a role that served no purpose this time around has to have a bigger payoff right?

And Han dying at the hands of his own son was kinda crazy but Harrison wanting Han to die since RotJ basically watered down his death IMO. If nothing else it served to show how much Kylo had fallen to the Dark Side.....The imminent showdown of Vader's 2 grandchildren. The saga begins tonight :D

phasma as the mom would be crazy

i seriously want to know what happens to fin, i mean he could also train to be a jedi right? :lol:

Rey seeing the knights when she touched the lightsaber. WHAT DOES IT MEAN
View media item 1832096

^
I seriously hope Finn doesn't take continuous Ls. Even in SW, the black man can't flourish. Jeez.

Rey seeing the Knights of Ren = this new trilogy is about her and her journey. She's gonna be the one who hands the L to her cousin Ben.

The imagery is so clear: Vader's grandchildren, one on the Dark, the other on the Light

Last edited:
^

I seriously hope Finn doesn't take continuous Ls. Even in SW, the black man can't flourish. Jeez.

Rey seeing the Knights of Ren = this new trilogy is about her and her journey. She's gonna be the one who hands the L to her cousin Ben.

The imagery is so clear: Vader's grandchildren, one on the Dark, the other on the Light

THANK YOU. A lot of people who wanted Rey to be Han and Leia's Daughter/Ben's sister are the ones trying to act like they don't see the vision of this new trilogy and trying to play up the idea of Rey not being anyone's "child" but a creation of the force... EU fans :rolleyes This idea is plausible definitely but the whole SW saga is about a skywalker bringing balance to the force. Couple that with the second trailer and Luke voice explaining how the "Force is strong in my family", Rey's background on a desert planet, being incredibly gifted in the force without any proper training, being drawn and using that oh so special lightsaber. I mean if Luke has been missing all this time, why would the first person to see him be a random girl who's force sensitive? She is the daughter of Luke definitely, the real question will be why was she separated from him and why she hasn't been searched for....

CHILLS FAM! CHILLS!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom