Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only nit picky issue I had was the long stare at the end..

Just a little too long to make it slightly awkward.. Wish it was just Rey's look of longing and possibly finding and luke's look of shock, then credits

I agree with you.

Just a look at dude's face and then end credits would've been good.

For me, the only nitpicking I have is maybe they could've revealed Finn worked in sanitation a lot earlier. Had me wondering why he was easily excited about every little thing and not being more of a bad *** :lol:

Then he revealed he was in sanitation and I was like ohhhhh it makes sense now :rofl:

Last edited:
The more I think about it the more clear it becomes; It think might take days, maybe weaks, maybe even years but I think you will all come to see what I see in Finn.:lol:

they told us it was black JEDI, ina film series with no black people and then

SURPRISE.

homeboy was a janitor, not black jedi a black ******* janitor

a wack one at that, who is such a coward immediately loses his nerve in his first battle. He's wack at every thing, so wack at shooting, Rey needs to flip the meleniam falcon over and line up his gun so he can hit the ******* target.

is completely ready to give up and run away, and totally would have deserted rey, han, chewy if the empire didn't catch up and blow up the cantina.

suddenly has the nerve to go on a suicidal rescue mission, despite his previous cowardice...WHY? because a school boy crush? or some other vague poorly defined ********.

oh did I mention he's a liar, who never tells the truth unless he's forced? and the moment of truth with everything on the line, he lies to the resistance he knows how to shut down weapon putting everyones lives at risk.

and he FAILS at his suicide mission only to be saved by Rey after getting washed by Kylo. and to the final indiginity, he doesn't stays in a coma while Rey jets off to fufil her destiny.

Jon Boyega worked that movie star level charisma to convince you Finn isn't the wack jobber/plot device he was on the page.

You just put poor finn on the summerjam screen :lol:

View media item 1837017

Also Kathleen Kennedy, President of Lucasfilm, said that women will be a central part of Star Wars lore more so going forward. She made that statement about two years ago or something close to that. 

So Rey wasn't a surprise to me in that regard. 

But for others, yes... :lol:    

Tryna get that hunger games money

We have two more films left to see where it goes....It's that simple

For me, it's not necessary for dude to be able to kick ***

He's fine as is. I don't understand why he would need to morph into this fighter. He can't just be funny and show his heroism in other ways?

I understand characters evolve, that's what they're supposed to do. But there are more than one way to evolve.

People on here looking for him to change seem to want him to evolve into a fighter specifically. Why?

I'd be down for him to evolve in to a ladies man that ends up smashing Phasma, Rey, and even a little bit of Leia but that aint gonna happen.

We're talking about Star Wars though, if you're not a good fighter you're either comedic relief, the wise person giving advice, a hostage or canon fodder.

There's more than one way to be a good fighter though it just seems like Rey has it when it comes to using the force, piloting ships, lightsaber fights, building ****, etc. The droids are the useful support.

Finn about to be the dude with the blaster shooting away during shootouts.

Last edited:
Master Zik Master Zik I'm not really a big detractor of the prequels like some people are, so there's that. :tongue:

Ford

Yeah I was actually unaware of the issue with Ford, though I figured it might be something with him not feeling up to appearing in anymore films or in that general area of him not being able to appear again, which is then simply an outside issue that affects the film/series itself and can't be helped by anyone. Again, I think the way the death was done was still good, easily one of the best parts of the film, but that it just could've been a lot better. Yet if Ford couldn't/wouldn't come back then I can't really hold it against anyone. Because that really only leaves two options. One, put even more Han into this film or two, cut him out of the next two films, but still have him be alive somewhere doing something. Not really an easy answer to this, just an unavoidable situation where I don't think anyone's really to blame. (Like with Paul Walker dying. Obviously he won't be appearing in the F&F franchise anymore and that can't be helped, with it just being a very sad situation).

Luke didn't know Leia was his sister in ESB. That was the big reveal in ROTJ, where he discovered it when he returned to Dagobah and talking to Obi-Wan's Force Ghost again. (ROTJ is also only a year after ESB),

Maul, Ren
Yeah you know what I mean about Maul being a credible threat, which is heightened when he actaully kills Qui-Gon. Even afterwards, when he duels Obi-Wan, he's holding his own and pushing Obi-Wan back. There's a real challenge present, during which (as a kid watching the film) I wasn't thinking about other things like "Obi-Wan's alive in ANH so he isn't going to die now", I was simply too engrossed in some excellent action scenes. Ren just didn't cut it for me in this film, but at the same time i'll be honest and say that I really didn't expect him to. I was on the fence about the character from the start, because the choice of costume wasn't the best. I again get why the costume is the way it is. But just as there are good aspects of parallels being drawn to Vader there are bad ones, and this is just one of them. Like with Finn, Rey, and Poe I fully expect him to be further developed over the next two films, which is why i'm really thinking that this will be the weakest of the trilogy for me down the line. (Just like A New Hope is for the OT. That's a rare set of films that in my opinion had an excellent first installment, yet even better sequels, whereas typically I find sequels to suck) Obviously he won't ever reach Vader status, nor do I think Snoke will equal Palpatine, but there's the possibility for him to grow on me and I look forward to it if it happens.

The duel :smh:
I'm never gonna get over his duel(s) with Finn and Rey however. That was dumb and just shouldn't have happened. :smh: Son was trained by Luke ******* Skywalker at one point, apparently took part in destroying whatever Jedi Order Luke was working on, seems to be the second or third highest ranking person in the First Order (Just like Vader was in the Empire), has the blood of the Chosen One running through his veins, and has basically been training with and using the Force for however many years, yet can't beat two untrained novices? One of which might not even be Force Sensitive?! Come on man. :smh: :smh: Let's be honest with ourselves, both Finn and Rey should've been slaughtered like animals. Luke trained with Yoda for weeks and still got his *** whooped by Vader. Why? Because Vader was his superior in every way. Same with Anakin and Obi-Wan taking on Dooku in AOTC. And those are situations where both parties involved have some amount of formal training, not only with using the Force, but with actual lightsaber based combat as well. (Maybe not Luke so much in ESB, but he'd at least been trained in how to use the blade). Finn and Rey have zero experience with the situation they're being faced with, yet they're somehow able to both hold their own and Rey's able to win?! :smh: :smh: :smh: By far the dumbest moment in this film.

Last edited:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/12/fassbender-weaving-rumored-for-star-wars-episode-vii-roles

this is old as hell and the reports seems to be based off Arndt's script, not JJ & Kasdan's

But Hugo Weaving was up for Hux, Fassbender was up for Poe and Rey was gonna be mixed race + related to Obi-Wan.

Other rumors/reports i've dug up

Cumberbatch took himself out the running early on and it was rumored he was going for the role that eventually became Phasma

The character that eventually evolved into Finn was originally reported to be Luke's son (biological or adopted, it varies), even after it was reported that Boyega was the front runner.

Max Van Sandow was rumored to be playing a villain described as 'bad enough to make [the demon from the Exorcist] **** it's paints" :lol:

Weird thing is Kylo's character arc was accurately spoiled as early as May 2014 based on what i can find... so weird :smh: i hope they tighten to leaks this time

Last edited:
too tired to post links to each one but i went to http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/ and searched the Episode 7 archives

started at around page 30 and made my way to page 17 before taking a break lol. Seems like there was a huge leak in May 2014, then the MSW leak in December that pretty much called the entire film

Also, Maisie Richardson-Sellers (the girl who was rumored to be Obi-Wan's granddaughter) is in the film for about 5 seconds on a resistance base :lol:

^ Yep, I mentioned that a while back... it made more sense to me!

40+ new posts... what happened?! 
laugh.gif

Master Zik Master Zik I'm not really a big detractor of the prequels like some people are, so there's that. :tongue:

The duel :smh:
I'm never gonna get over his duel(s) with Finn and Rey however. That was dumb and just shouldn't have happened. :smh: Son was trained by Luke ******* Skywalker at one point, apparently took part in destroying whatever Jedi Order Luke was working on, seems to be the second or third highest ranking person in the First Order (Just like Vader was in the Empire), has the blood of the Chosen One running through his veins, and has basically been training with and using the Force for however many years, yet can't beat two untrained novices? One of which might not even be Force Sensitive?! Come on man. :smh: :smh: Let's be honest with ourselves, both Finn and Rey should've been slaughtered like animals. Luke trained with Yoda for weeks and still got his *** whooped by Vader. Why? Because Vader was his superior in every way. Same with Anakin and Obi-Wan taking on Dooku in AOTC. And those are situations where both parties involved have some amount of formal training, not only with using the Force, but with actual lightsaber based combat as well. (Maybe not Luke so much in ESB, but he'd at least been trained in how to use the blade). Finn and Rey have zero experience with the situation they're being faced with, yet they're somehow able to both hold their own and Rey's able to win?! :smh: :smh: :smh: By far the dumbest moment in this film.

I honestly take it as Luke didn't train him in combat but just in the ways of the force. Remember Jedi's are peaceful and only use violence as a last resort. That would also explain how he'd wash the whole order cause none of them could fight and he was using the dark side of the force.

Anyone else notice that all of Luke's training in the movies, we didn't see him learn any of the lightsaber fighting styles?

I can't shake the way she flew the Falcon......just too Jaina for me.

And they misdirected us at every turn, but just gonna give us this layup that she's Luke's?

Ren's cousin doesn't have the same weight as Ren's sister either.

I'm conflicted right now.
She might not be Luke's kid but there is 0 chance that she's Kylie brother

Would bet my life savings on it

[thread="512239"]Quote:[/thread]
For me, it's not necessary for dude to be able to kick ***

He's fine as is. I don't understand why he would need to morph into this fighter. He can't just be funny and show his heroism in other ways?

A character is supposed to evolve over time depending on the circumstances around them...normally

For example, I can see him change drastically into something else especially if Rey is somehow seriously injured or if she goes to the dark side in the next two films. Either way, bring on EP VIII ...
He can evolve into a brave war hero like Han. Maybe train to be god like on the blaster.

I was excited to see him as a Jedi before the movie came out, but after the events of ep 7 it would take genius writing to turn him into a Jedi without having it end terribly for the story

The duel
mean.gif
I'm never gonna get over his duel(s) with Finn and Rey however. That was dumb and just shouldn't have happened.
mean.gif
Son was trained by Luke ******* Skywalker at one point, apparently took part in destroying whatever Jedi Order Luke was working on, seems to be the second or third highest ranking person in the First Order (Just like Vader was in the Empire), has the blood of the Chosen One running through his veins, and has basically been training with and using the Force for however many years, yet can't beat two untrained novices? One of which might not even be Force Sensitive?! Come on man.
mean.gif
mean.gif
Let's be honest with ourselves, both Finn and Rey should've been slaughtered like animals. Luke trained with Yoda for weeks and still got his *** whooped by Vader. Why? Because Vader was his superior in every way. Same with Anakin and Obi-Wan taking on Dooku in AOTC. And those are situations where both parties involved have some amount of formal training, not only with using the Force, but with actual lightsaber based combat as well. (Maybe not Luke so much in ESB, but he'd at least been trained in how to use the blade). Finn and Rey have zero experience with the situation they're being faced with, yet they're somehow able to both hold their own and Rey's able to win?!
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
By far the dumbest moment in this film.
I'll break it down for you
1. Kylo was hurt in the midsection, that really limits his movement and pain can be really distracting

2. Kylo is not a bad *** (yet), he is nothing more than a spoiled child. Dude literally has everyone in the first order scared because he is the only force user. he has gone for years (possibly a decade) without being in a real fight. 

3. For the Rey fight Kylo was not trying to kill her, he was instructed to bring her in.

4. Rey had the clear mental edge, she overpowered him when mind reading and she out force grabbed the lightsaber. you could tell from the look on his face when the lightsaber flies by him that he's shook.

5. Prior to this point, Rey has shown more of an ability to fight than kylo. she has survived on her own for years having to fight off larger men. All kylo has faced is unarmed men and computer screens.

At the time of the fight, Rey had both the physical, mental and emotional advantage. No surprise at all that she bested kylo.

as for Finn, Kylo basically dominated him in 30 seconds, while figuring out how to adapt to fighting with hurt ribs. 

the most telling line about kylo's character is when he says to rey "I can get whatever I want".

He's not darth vader, he's cry baby anakin with hardly any real training 

Anyone else notice that all of Luke's training in the movies, we didn't see him learn any of the lightsaber fighting styles?

They're not gonna show everything in the movie or do a Rocky style montage of Luke's saber training with a hype *** track in the background. :lol: But he obviously had training.

Vader went from a single handed grip to double handed after saying "most impressive" because he was toying with Luke and quickly realized that Luke was NOT playing with his ***** ***.

Last edited:

I'll break it down for you
1. Kylo was hurt in the midsection, that really limits his movement and pain can be really distracting
Yup, yup.

And to add to that, it was Chewie who shot him with his crossbow.  An earlier scene with Han trying it out showed how powerful that crossbow was... looked like it really packed a punch and was more powerful that the average blaster.  Probably did more damage to Ren than a regular blaster would have.

Back
Top Bottom