Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Zik, you don't get why Boba Fett was beloved?

Pretty easy really, "No disintegrations."

Vader pwned everyone he encountered in the OT. Fett was the only cat he spoke to almost as an equal. Like he knew Fett might harm his prey.

Add that to him lookin bad *** and the mystery behind him, its easy to see. After Vader, Fett is my favorite character in the Star Wars universe.

Rocket backpack, rocket missiles on his wrist, blaster, Slave I, helmet with antenna, Bounty Hunter in space, disintegrations????? Mandolorian(s), Han Solo was scared of him, I mean....

The books only added to that.

Naturally, Lucas made him an 8 year old boy to try and ruin him for me. Cuz that's what he does. :lol:

I hope Episode VIII is Ozymandias on steroids.

It's going to be so raw. I want it to be dark as hell

I want that Boba Fett movie to be dark. But they'll prolly make it PG 13 :smh:

Also, I hope Han and Boba's movies release before episode 9. I want Star Wars to all end on that chapter.

I don't want to go back in time again after the final trilogy is over. Wrap all that **** up before the last movie.

There is no "wrapping up". These stories are forever now.

The "last" movie will be 100 years from now, they'll never stop.

A new film, every year, til they stop making money. (Never)

boba fett has the most traumatic childhood of any character ever, fiction or non fiction

he has the batman experience in watching his dad die in front of him

he has an emotional moment holding up his fathers decapitated head

then he grows up living in the middle of a giant war where millions of solders, all of which look exactly like his father get slaughtered every day

he literally is forced to relive his dad dying over and over and over

Chewie and rey against the world

it felt good to see chewy get through the episode & be back on the falcon

he has seen a lot

Chewie is old a ****.

He's probably seen much worse than this. Chewie a intergalactic street cat.

Chewie was probably that cool *** uncle to Ben growing up. Probably changed his diaper when he was baby. I could see Chewie schooling young Ben in holochess. Taught him how to spit game to these twi'lek thots. Probably let young Ben joyride in the Falcon while Han was away nerfherding.

Helpless af on the sidelines, watching as his nephew offed his best friend/brother, damn shame :smh:

Last edited:
Is Disney going to bring back Boba from the dead? (Or I guess have him somehow survive and escape that monster he's in)

i believe in the official back story chewie went off to do his own things when han started a family and only started hanging out with han again after kylo went bad and han went back to his old ways

Zik, you don't get why Boba Fett was beloved?

Pretty easy really, "No disintegrations."

Vader pwned everyone he encountered in the OT. Fett was the only cat he spoke to almost as an equal. Like he knew Fett might harm his prey.

Add that to him lookin bad *** and the mystery behind him, its easy to see. After Vader, Fett is my favorite character in the Star Wars universe.

Rocket backpack, rocket missiles on his wrist, blaster, Slave I, helmet with antenna, Bounty Hunter in space, disintegrations????? Mandolorian(s), Han Solo was scared of him, I mean....

The books only added to that.

Naturally, Lucas made him an 8 year old boy to try and ruin him for me. Cuz that's what he does. :lol:
I didn't get that at all. Specifically the Vader talked to him almost like an equal.

To me he was just the guy who delivered Han to Jabba and then died. Han being scared of him didn't add much cuz Han was just a guy that seemed to get by as a criminal via his wits and cunning and shooting ppl first before they can actually fight.

Also what happened in the prequels didn't change my opinion him at all. He wasn't cool to me at first so all I really got was an explanation of his origin in AOTC.
boba fett has the most traumatic childhood of any character ever, fiction or non fiction

then he grows up living in the middle of a giant war where millions of solders, all of which look exactly like his father get slaughtered every day

Eh, I've seen/read worse. You know stuff I could actually connect to.

Also lot of that is told and not shown from what I know of. Are there cartoon eps covering Fett growing up? comics? or is this just from the books that are no longer canon?

how dark would a movie be though if you have a guy dealing with PTSD fighting in a war where every casually is his dad

would make for an interesting character study film 

and i have no idea what's out there on the character other than the movies, im just making this stuff up 

Well that's the thing though, none of these movies are focused on Fett in the least. He's a plot device. Even with what we know now off of 6 movies it's not like we know his motives or what drives him. Dude is just a bounty hunter to me.

I never watched the movies thinking what's the back story on Fett? He was just a dude in a helmet that wasn't as cool as Vader's. That said even less so he really didn't have much of a impact on me. Dude could've been a sophisticated droid for all I cared.

Now if they had or they plan to ever focus a movie on him there might be something there if they can come up with a good script and execute it right with obviously the right ppl involved.

For me though, dude isn't even on the list when it comes to cool badass characters in cinema.

So just back to my original point, this is pretty much why I think the coolest characters in this franchise are users of the force, usually those on the dark side.

Last edited:
i agree with you that fett is overrated as a movie character, but from the very little they have shown of him its very possible to come up with an interesting solo film. Not to say that the possibility of a story makes up for his lack of screentime/development in the actual movies. 

I'm probably the biggest Boba Fett Stan here, but I never thought of him as a Bruce Wayne-type character. That would actually be perfect.

View media item 1848546
But I've been saying for years, just copy and paste Boba Fett in the 2012 Dredd movie and it'll be my favorite movie of all time :lol:

Last edited:

never thought of that

jesus that's F'ed up.

I always thought boba fett reached cult status soley based off the strength of his costume. Arguably better than vaders.

I always thought boba fett reached cult status soley based off the strength of his costume. Arguably better than vaders.

Yeah he looked cool as ****. He's a dope action figure and i think thats where most people fan boyed out for him

Back
Top Bottom