Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just been reading up on the most powerful Jedi and Siths and it's like reading a different language.

Didn't even know this world is so complicated. There are forces, mido-chlorians (might have spelled that wrong), siths, rule of two, different saber fighting forms, etc.... And that is just on looking up who is the strongest Jedi and Sith.

Really cool just reading about the characters.

Kind of crazy how strong Sidious/Palpatine is, looks like dudes power isn't even a fraction of what they showed on the films.

Reading about Lukes feats are insane too, those are things I'd just love to see in either films or animations. Just show his different abilities and adventures, why is it not being made/produced yet? They could do an animated show where it's like How I met Your Mother and he just recalls episodes of his adventures as he tells his students or something.

Hopefully with this new evolution in Lucas Films, we'll get to see a lot of these characters & their exploits on film.

My biggest want is a Boba Fett movie & I'd looooove to see Darth Revan in a meaty role however a film about him would be great.

His story defending the outer rim during the Mandalorian invasions against the wishes of the Jedi council is an epic tale. He rounded up his padawan Malak & other Jedi & ended up winning the war.

They found such power that they ended up turning Sith. Years later, the Jedi captured him & then brainwashed him back int being Jedi again.

He then ended up having the fight his padawan now a Sith lord & was a celebrated hero. I think he's considered top 3 or 5 Jedi....

I was going to get into the EU until it was announced that none of it was going to be cannon. Now I just go by the movies, the new books, and the two animated series. The rest is pointless now as far as story goes IMO.

I think it's better this way anyway. Those books weren't George's vision and at the end of the day that's all I want. Going forward, I trust the people that were left in charge of Star Wars, and the new streamline way of doings things is much better. Every project matches up with every other project in any format.

The EU is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR better than anything Lucas has done post 1980.

And he was 100% involved in the EU, everything that was done went thru Lucas or at least his company. Writers weren't just sending characters wherever without Lucasfilm permission.

These new stories will be great, they have pretty much no chance of beating what has carried the franchise from 1991 til the sale to Disney.

The EU is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR better than anything Lucas has done post 1980.

And he was 100% involved in the EU, everything that was done went thru Lucas or at least his company. Writers weren't just sending characters wherever without Lucasfilm permission.

These new stories will be great, they have pretty much no chance of beating what has carried the franchise from 1991 til the sale to Disney.

That's not true. Not everything went through Lucas. I've just recently listened to a Dave Filoni (worked directly with George on the Clone Wars for years) interview, and during the writers meetings there were LOTS that was presented about the EU, and Filoni would tell him, and I've heard this multiple times, "Don't pay attention to the EU because that's not my story". Writers would bring up things about the EU that George would have no idea about. George specifically told Filoni to only focus on the films because that was the only story that mattered. I've heard that in multiple Filoni interviews.

The EU stuff might be better, but it's not from the mind of George, and to me that's all that matters.

Last edited:
That's why I said Lucas's company. Writers can't just write Star Wars books without permissions man. :lol:

And I don't care one bit what Lucas feels is "his" story. Since 1980 his story has been putrid. He's made one terrible mistake after another.

And btw, he adapted plenty of EU stuff into "his" story. Like Twileck's, and Coruscant. Those were from the books, and he used them in the prequels.

You're lost if you're going off what Lucas tells you. Lost, flat out lost. :smh:

Last edited:
I'm not disrespecting NT23 at all. He's talking about stories he hasn't read, I have, every single one.

It's his choice to ignore them, that's his call, but to blindly follow Lucas is very sad to me. Tragic even.

That's why I said Lucas's company. Writers can't just write Star Wars books without permissions man. :lol:

And I don't care one bit what Lucas feels is "his" story. Since 1980 his story has been putrid. He's made one terrible mistake after another.

And btw, he adapted plenty of EU stuff into "his" story. Like Twileck's, and Coruscant. Those were from the books, and he used them in the prequels.

Of course he did include some stuff, I'm not denying that. George obviously respects what the EU writers did, but ultimately it's not his story, and it's not cannon regardless of how you feel about the quality of it. There is a reason why it was turned into Legends after selling off to Disney. If George wanted the EU stuff to be cannon, he would have made it clear before the sale. Disney might be in charge now, but they respect his wishes which is why the next trilogy is based off of his outlines and not their own. Regardless of what you think about how bad his story is, it;s all that matters in the end. You have to take it all as a whole, you can't pick and choose what to accept and what not to accept.

This story is from the mind of George, and looking back, if George didn't include it in HIS work, it's not relevant to me going forward.

Last edited:
Also could've swore Coruscant is at the end of ROTJ or is that just one of the changes

Bro, Coruscant is in the very first books that started it all. It's where Thrawn had spy tech set up. Those books came out early 90's. ROTJ 2005. (And Coruscant is where they go in Phantom Menace, which began production in 97)

I'm not disrespecting NT23 at all. He's talking about stories he hasn't read, I have, every single one.

It's his choice to ignore them, that's his call, but to blindly follow Lucas is very sad to me. Tragic even.
Being Disrespectful to Lucas the creator, I feel the exact same way. Which is why I was thrilled when it was based of his treatments.

Like I said, you're already lost. I feel bad for you.

(And Disney got off EU because of some inconsistencies between all platforms, games, comics, and novels). If not for some of those issues, they could have easily kept the novel stories at minimum.

:lol: Why would I not follow Lucas blindy about Star Wars when he's the creator? It's HIS story, good or bad. It it's the story HE wanted to tell. If you can't accept that, then you can't accept Star Wars.

You're mad because he didn't tell the story YOU wanted to hear, or the story YOU thought would be better. It's HIS work.

This is funny.

It's like being mad at Picasso because he didn't paint a nose the way you think it should have been painted. Then taking a painting, and cutting out a different nose from a different painter, and putting on Picasso's work.

Star Wars is George's great painting, if you don't like the nose then you don't like the nose, you can't replace it with Michelangelo's nose.

Last edited:

Being Disrespectful to Lucas the creator, I feel the exact same way. Which is why I was thrilled when it was based of his treatments.

**** Lucas. He's worthless after the original idea of it all. He hasn't done anything but screw up since.

He screwed up a PRE-TOLD story. Do you realize how incompetent you have to be to do that?????

Obi Wan said FLAT OUT, Vader turned and betrayed, and hunted down the Jedi. Dude, he killed ******* kids. KIDS. The only Jedi he fought kicked his ******* ***.

He screwed up his own story dude. Think about that.

:lol: Why would I not follow Lucas blindy about Star Wars when he's the creator? It's HIS story, good or bad. It it's the story HE wanted to tell. If you can't accept that, then you can't accept Star Wars.

Maybe because I've read every single book there is, so I can make an informed opinion? *shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom