Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's pointless to debate with fans like CP.

I'll try to find the video where Kyle Newman discusses that type of Star Wars fan, it's pretty funny.

So if just going by what is canon, does that mean that Luke isn't a Grand Master or at least not yet, technically? As in since the books didn't exist does that mean he may never become a grand master or am I missing something there?

Last edited:
Correct, without those books, Luke very well may never reach Grand Master. Or, they could make him the most powerful ever in a few years. They have a clean slate.

You know what else is pretty funny NT23? For all these "non-canon" stories, that "aren't George's stories" Lucasfilm-Star Wars Inc sure did sell the hell out of the Essential Characters of Star Wars, or the Encyclopedia of Star Wars, or the Essential Vehicle Guide to Star Wars, etc etc, all containing the EU.

There's book after book after book of that stuff, all sold on Star Wars dot com. Or Star Wars magazine, the official magazine of Star Wars Inc, all containing all that information as well.

And they still keep it all, just under the pre Disney label of Legends. They just allow Disney the ability to start fresh as they choose.

Hell, James Luceno wrote several EU books. James Luceno now writing books for Disney. :lol:

But, George tho........ :lol:

Keep your head firmly in the sand man.

I'll try to find the video where Kyle Newman discusses that type of Star Wars fan, it's pretty funny.

The same Kyle Newman that wrote this????

George Lucas signed off from Star Wars on a high note, again claiming the franchise had reached its conclusion (although there are decades of Starlog magazine interviews to the contrary, boasting a nine- or 12-film series). “The movies were the story of Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker, and when Luke saves the galaxy and redeems his father, that’s where that story ends.”

"George's story"..........That he can't even keep straight from interview to interview. :nerd:

:lol:

Oh hey, Kyle Newman wrote this too........

But while Trek was now freely basking in the science-fiction limelight, (and eventually wearing out its welcome with one too many series), George Lucas was secretly prepping Star Wars for its long overdue renaissance. The saga had developed cult status during its big-screen hibernation, quietly solidifying its fan base with novels, comics, and a re-launched toy line.

Weird. :nerd:

The one where he says we all wear fanny packs? :lol:

Because he also mentions how he supports the Phantom Menace.

The Phantom, Menace.

He supports, The Phantom, Menace.

The movie, Phantom Menace.

With Jar Jar. And Viceroy. And Sebulba. And an 8 year old Anakin. And Roger-Roger. And the wasted talent of Liam Neeson. And an 8 year old, taking out a blockade, that the entire Senate and Jedi order could not do.......and Pod races.

He supports that movie.

:lol: you're doing a lot of typing but saying a whole lot of nothing.

Look man, it's pointless to debate with you. So let's just outline some things and move on.

-You don't like George's adaptation of Star Wars (even though his adaptation IS the official story :lol:)
-You like the EU version of Star Wars
-The EU is irrelevant, Lucas said so, Disney said so. "Legends" officially makes it so.
-The only things that matter in the Star Wars universe are the movies, the new books (and Luceno getting picked to write a book is obviously due to his talent), the two animated series, and a few comics.
-You say everything that's come out of Lucas's head post OT sucks. Yet the Clone Wars all came directly from Lucas.
-VII, VIII, IX are all coming from Lucas so don't say how much better they are now (when they release) that Lucas left. Not only are they Lucas's story, It's been confirmed by Lucas's son JJ has been in contact with Lucas throughout the making of the film.

Like I said, at the end of the day, if you don't like what Lucas made then it's ok, you're not forced to like it. But don't claim to be a fan of a Saga you constantly complain about. Don't claim to be a fan of a saga that you wish you could replace with EU books. People like you spend too much time complaining that I bet there is more you dislike, than like about them. You might be a fan of certain aspects of it. But you're not a fan of Star Wars,

George told Filoni while filming Clone Wars, "Only worry about the movies, because they're all that matter."

That's advice I'll take.

That's the last I'll say.

I'm on lunch, time to go clock in and go back to work. :smh:

"Fans" my ***.

Last edited:
Saw 3 new pages to the thread, came in here thinking the trailer had leaked early or something :smokin

Nah, just CP on his EU soapbox again :lol:

There are some amazing stories within the EU, and CP is right, you have to credit the EU with reviving Star Wars in the early 90's and George also took alot of ideas from the EU into his content.

Still, most of the EU is garbage, which EU fans like to ignore. These new movies ignoring the EU was one of the best decisions Disney could make with the franchise, for multiple reasons.

Nah, there's so many rumors out there. I'd assume with the trailer releasing tomorrow they'll give us some type of press release or something with plot details.

So I'm good with just the 6 movies, clone wars, and rebels as background for the new movies?

Clone Wars cartoon did more for me than any of the movies.

So I'm good with just the 6 movies, clone wars, and rebels as background for the new movies?

Clone Wars cartoon did more for me than any of the movies.

Yes, that is all that is considered canon.

There are also two books out now, "A New Dawn" which deals with Hera and Kanan's backstory prior to Rebels, and "Tarkin". There is also a series of 4 comics released about Darth Maul that are also canon, and they are called "Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir". The books and comics aren't essential.

There are some amazing stories within the EU, and CP is right, you have to credit the EU with reviving Star Wars in the early 90's and George also took alot of ideas from the EU into his content.

Bingo

That is, and has been my point that he couldn't handle.

I wasn't soapboxing for the EU, I was flat out saying Star Wars is not just George Lucas, not even close.

They think the Sun rises and sets around Lucas, and believe anything a Lucas employee tells them. I feel bad for them. That was the entire start of the conversation. He's spouting off about stuff he doesn't even know about all in the name of George. The guy most of the fanbase blames for the enormous letdown that were the prequels.

That's all I was getting at.

That's fine, casual = uninformed.

That's what NT23 is preaching at people. Stay uninformed, follow Lucas.

But there is 20 years worth of material, ALL sold marketed and licenced under the Lucasfilm LTD that carried the franchise post ROTJ.

Ignoring those facts is just sad on those casual fans parts.

That's fine, casual = uninformed.

That's what NT23 is preaching at people. Stay uninformed, follow Lucas.

But there is 20 years worth of material, ALL sold marketed and licenced under the Lucasfilm LTD that carried the franchise post ROTJ.

Ignoring those facts is just sad on those casual fans parts.

Stay uniformed? Because I don't follow the EU? :rofl:

Tell me how that's going to help you going forward.

Tell me how knowing every EU book is going to help you going forward?

It's not.

I don't care what was sold under Lucasfilm, because it's all irrelevant now.

You're not any more of a fan than me or anybody who doesn't care for the EU. When I learned from Disney that they are now basically irrelevant, I stopped caring about trying to read up on them because they teach me nothing about the Star Wars universe as it's going to be told going forward. Will the official story going forward include some of the EU stuff? Probably. Will it be an exact adaptation the way it was in the EU? Probably not. Will knowing the unofficial version of the EU help me in any way? No.

Fans like you think you're so much better than other fans because you read all those books. It's just anger because it was all for nothing. I mean, they are probably amazing books, but in the end, they got tossed aside and that infuriates you because you liked them better than the movies. Continue reading your novels and living in a story that isn't official to Star Wars. Keep an eye out for THOSE movies. Maybe start a kickstarter to get one off the ground?

Fans like you are mad that they read all those books, and in the end just got tossed aside.

:lol: at you being more "informed" than me. Yeah, I guess you are though, you're are way more informed about material that doesn't matter.

As far as stuff that matters, stuff that any die hard needs to know, I know all of that.

Oh and I don't just follow Lucas blindly. I absolutely hate the holiday special.

Last edited:

Don't worry. He'll have a comment to further prove your point.

My favorite is how anyone who disagrees with him is trollin :rofl:

Last edited:
[quote name="NikeTalker23"]It's pointless to debate with fans like CP.[/quote] [quote name="Blackboyfly"]Saw 3 new pages to the thread, came in here thinking the trailer had leaked early or something :smokin

Nah, just CP on his EU soapbox again :lol:[/quote] [quote name="CP1708"]That's fine, casual = uninformed.[/quote] [quote name="psk2310"]Guys, stop please...

You made your points ad nauseam...[/quote] = Lakers thread. :lol:

5. Labyrinth of Evil. Focus on the Jedi trying to track down Sidious, takes place right before ROTS.

4. Dark Lord:Rise of Darth Vader. Takes place right after ROTS, focuses on Vader shedding the identity of Anakin, getting accustomed to the Suit and being a Sith.

3. Legacy of the Force. The entire series. Takes place 40 years after RoTJ. Don't want to spoil too much, but it focuses on Han and Leias son turning to the Dark Side and basically taking over the government.

2. Darth Plagueis. Takes place 60 years prior right through the end of TPM. Focusing on the title character and the emperors master, Darth Plagueis. You see how he became Dark Lord, some of his experiments, the training of Sidious, and his death. My personal favorite EU work.

1. The Thrawn Trilogy. Required reading imho for any Star Wars fan, even with it not being canon anymore. What started the rebirth of Star Wars. Takes place 5 years after RoTJ. Focuses on Admiral Thrawn leading Imperial remnants against the newly rebuilt Republic.

Those would be my 5 suggestions... But there are many more. Anything by James Luceneo is gold. He wrote Plagueis, Dark Lord and Labyrinth. He imho is the best creative mind when it comes to Star Wars. Dude deserves to write a spin off of his own.

None of the books mentioned above are canon tho.. Meaning they aren't considered officially part of the story. What you read in those books will not be what the movies use as back story. Still, they are a very good read.

The new Canon started a few months ago, a couple of Darth Maul comics, a, Rebels Novel and a, novel based on Admiral Tarkin by James Luceno which is also great. Anything Star Wars released from this point forward, games (even the mobile games being released are viewed as part of the official story), books, tv shows, etc will be canon.

Last edited:
So um anyways....

I really love Rebels... I thinks it's the show I look forward to most every week... Just watched the last two episodes... Fantastic... I loved how Erza did some darkside stuff...

Back
Top Bottom