Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
we had no idea who Obi Wan was and Vader dies because at the end of the day he was still bad but only found redemption in death, the only way a mass murderer can go out. Luke is officially a failure. He failed to rebuild and reform the Jedi. He lost his faith. He has no offspring to carry on his message and becomes a force ghost for what purpose? To talk to Rey who we have no idea what she’s doing in these movies? To talk to Kylo who is the reason for him losing his faith in the first place? Like you make Rey his daughter OR you leave him alive. To kill THE Luke Skywalker with no legacy to carry on? No one with the last name Skywalker?? This isn’t Star Wars. This is ****ing insane

I’m of the mindset of why were they even brought back in the first place. Leave there story alone and start a complete new one. You drew us into your new story by dangling the older character we loved in front of us.

it makes absolutely no sense. A force ghost holding a lightsaber? Why didn’t Obi Wan come to help Luke fight Vader in Empire or Yoda help him fight Vader in RotJ? WHY DOESNT LUKE JUST ACTUALLY LEAVE THE ISLAND?? Like it’s an inconsistent mess plot wise. RJ ****ted on everything that’s come before this just to say he did something new. He messed up BIG time.

I get that too...This is Luke Skywalker after all...But again in writing this looks terrible...

To clarify the whole force ghost Luke thing...

Luke isn’t a force ghost when he confronts Kylo...He’s a literal projection of himself that he uses to distract Kylo while the resistance escapes...While he ignited a blue light saber he never once uses it...That’s because he physically can’t use it...He’s just a copy...Luke is never seen as a force ghost in this movie...

The only usable ship on the island is the Falcon...When Rey opts to leave Luke is still adamant that he won’t train her or get re-involved with the greater conflict...

Prior to Rey leaving R2 played the Leia message from Episode IV to try to persuade him but it doesn’t work...

After Rey leaves Yoda shows up and talks some sense into him but at this point there’s no possible way he can leave and help...The only way he can get to his friends is via the projection thing...

I find it kind of lazy on the writers part to introduce a power like that for this exact scenario but that’s neither here nor there...

I get that too...This is Luke Skywalker after all...But again in writing this looks terrible...

To clarify the whole force ghost Luke thing...

Luke isn’t a force ghost when he confronts Kylo...He’s a literal projection of himself that he uses to distract Kylo while the resistance escapes...While he ignited a blue light saber he never once uses it...That’s because he physically can’t use it...He’s just a copy...Luke is never seen as a force ghost in this movie...

The only usable ship on the island is the Falcon...When Rey opts to leave Luke is still adamant that he won’t train her or get re-involved with the greater conflict...

Prior to Rey leaving R2 played the Leia message from Episode IV to try to persuade him but it doesn’t work...

After Rey leaves Yoda shows up and talks some sense into him but at this point there’s no possible way he can leave and help...The only way he can get to his friends is via the projection thing...

I find it kind of lazy on the writers part to introduce a power like that for this exact scenario but that’s neither here nor there...

I find it incredibly egregious that not only would they make a power so random to kill Luke Skywalker, but they would do it at the expense of the whole saga. Like Luke couldn’t do this to save Han and friends before? I was never a huge fan of the EU before by they are officially my part of my head canon now. I can’t acknowledge this Sequel Trilogy. [/]

93% on RT. Certified Fresh.

8.3/10 average rating.

It’s dropping.....

:smh:

I find it incredibly egregious that not only would they make a power so random to kill Luke Skywalker, but they would do it at the expense of the whole saga. Like Luke couldn’t do this to save Han and friends before? I was never a huge fan of the EU before by they are officially my part of my head canon now. I can’t acknowledge this Sequel Trilogy. [/]

It’s dropping.....

:smh:

They catering to the new fans now

My biggest problem with this new trilogy...

...is nothing changed...The original characters never progressed beyond where they were at the end of ROTJ...Han was still a smuggler, Leia was still leader of the resistance / rebel forces, and Luke was still conflicted about what he should be doing with his powers...The Empire re-branded and carried on all business as usual and such...

I can understand wanting a new generation of films to appeal to this new generations audience...But why not just set the story 200 years in the future if all your going to do is kill off the original cast to help prop up the new cast...Especially if your showing that they’ve had literally no growth in the past 30 years...It’s basically saying these characters succeeded at nothing...Kind of cheapens the original trilogy if you ask me...

Rey parentage thing doesn't bother me but that other part concerning Luke sounds like pure bull ****.

The parentage thing has me just floored for the simple fact that The Force Awakens looks like a ridiculously contrived film. And once that settles in, it makes the Luke projection THAT much more ridiculous with the resistance in trouble and Han dying that Luke could have intervened in. And then the apparent romance between Rey and Kylo?! Dog they’re playing footsies through the Force :sick: I’m convinced we’re living in a parallel universe now.

My biggest problem with this new trilogy...

...is nothing changed...The original characters never progressed beyond where they were at the end of ROTJ...Han was still a smuggler, Leia was still leader of the resistance / rebel forces, and Luke was still conflicted about what he should be doing with his powers...The Empire re-branded and carried on all business as usual and such...

I can understand wanting a new generation of films to appeal to this new generations audience...But why not just set the story 200 years in the future if all your going to do is kill off the original cast to help prop up the new cast...Especially if your showing that they’ve had literally no growth in the past 30 years...It’s basically saying these characters succeeded at nothing...Kind of cheapens the original trilogy if you ask me...

They did it to bank on the nostalgia and get people to hop on the new trilogy which is their new audience.

I been hearing about this supposed ship, it better not be true bc that'd be some sick twilight junk

The parentage thing has me just floored for the simple fact that The Force Awakens looks like a ridiculously contrived film. And once that settles in, it makes the Luke projection THAT much more ridiculous with the resistance in trouble and Han dying that Luke could have intervened in. And then the apparent romance between Rey and Kylo?! Dog they’re playing footsies through the Force :sick: I’m convinced we’re living in a parallel universe now.

Showed that to my friend...He laughed and said pretty much...

He said these new movies would’ve better listed as Episode 4.5, 5.5, and 6.5...This movie is essentialy ESB...

Lost hero seeks out the old wise teacher on a remote planet to help guide and train them...Hero leaves before training is complete to save their friends who are in danger...

The resistance / rebals are chased by the First Order / The Empire through the entire movie with several close calls...

Luke reprises his ESB role as well as fills the ESB Han role in that his dying enables the rest of the group to escape...

The next movie will probably be Rey looking to bring Kylo back to the light because she feels the good in him...

They did it to bank on the nostalgia and get people to hop on the new trilogy which is their new audience.

I been hearing about this supposed ship, it better not be true bc that'd be some sick twilight junk

To be honest Episode 7 should’ve been the movie centered around the old cast with slight introductions to the new characters...8 would have been the transition film...9 would have been the new cast’s film with slight involvement from the old characters...

Maybe if they’d started Episode 7 around the time of Luke’s Jedi Temple we would’ve been better off...

Basically The Last Jedi should’ve been the conclusion to this trilogy...It feels like the skipped an episode...

Last edited:
93%
IMG_6857.png

Meltdowns happening yet? :lol:

If you're a T-Mobile customer, you can get a movie ticket for only $5 today using the T-Mobile Tuesdays app.

It will work for Star Wars.

They catering to the new fans now

Yup, they are just retreading the same old water with a more 'diverse & progressive' cast. People forget that Disney purchased this franchise to make money, not win awards with compelling stories. Kids seem to like the new characters though.

lamekilla lamekilla With regards to the OG cast - Luke, Leia, Han, etc. you can blame George Lucas solely for not doing anything for almost two decades with them. If they've been doing the same damn thing for the last 30 years it's not their fault.

Yup, they are just retreading the same old water with a more 'diverse & progressive' cast. People forget that Disney purchased this franchise to make money, not win awards with compelling stories. Kids seem to like the new characters though.

lamekilla lamekilla With regards to the OG cast - Luke, Leia, Han, etc. you can blame George Lucas solely for not doing anything for almost two decades with them. If they've been doing the same damn thing for the last 30 years it's not their fault.

Can’t put the blame on George Lucas for what Disney decided to do with the characters...

The EU created a vast mythology for these characters...First thing Disney did was throw the EU out...Second thing they did was produce Episode 7, which in turn showed us things stayed exactly the same...Disney never had a desire to use the old cast outside of putting butts in seats...It’s very obvious after The Last Jedi that they want to move away from the originals as quickly as possible...

Also the lack of resolution on the Rey’s Parent’s thing, and zero backstory for Snoke make me want to force project myself into the afterlife...

Back
Top Bottom