Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dude's said this was the space chase scene in a nutshell:lol:

giphy.gif

SPOILER!

How is no one talking about the damn scene where Finn was about to pull a sacrifice to save his crew. I was over the film by this point but I was going to give Disney some points for killing him this way and I was excited. Only to have ol girl SLAM into him to save him and give the cheesiest line ever about love and war and give him a kiss. Dead *** I have never seen something worse.

Or how about when they were both about to be executed until the big explosion and EVERYONE around them is dead on the ground but they walk away scratch free.

**** was a joke. And the whole story line between them was pointless and boring.

The movie had life and death scenes but even when they failed the missions (like Poe and wanting to light speed away) there were no consequences.

The movie felt pointless. It was more so death to Star Wars as we knew it more than death to the characters they chose to kill off.

lamekilla lamekilla and some of the other Star Wars OGs. Do you'll know if the movie scripts are written independent of each other? Or is there a broad story arc encompassing VII-IX.

Reason I'm asking is because this movie seems independent of VII (The Force Awakens) with the story telling.

FWIW, Rogue One was quite a 'dark' film but it was good as a separate story arc whereas this one is dark but ties into a larger story.

fousey fousey Those scenes you mentioned were basura. Would've been so much better if ol' girl smashed Finn out of the way and sacrificed herself.

The 'bombing run' on the Dreadnought at the start of the film was a good laugh. So cats have light speed/space travel, the Force, blasters, etc... but they gotta use the slowest possible spacecraft with MANUAL controls for the bomb doors? :lol:

to say anyone can be a jedi and have the force is a slap in the face to the original trilogy we all wanted to be either a jedi or sith as a kid but this is just a big DIsney hug to all the little kids saying you can be anything.

lamekilla lamekilla and some of the other Star Wars OGs. Do you'll know if the movie scripts are written independent of each other? Or is there a broad story arc encompassing VII-IX.

Reason I'm asking is because this movie seems independent of VII (The Force Awakens) with the story telling.

FWIW, Rogue One was quite a 'dark' film but it was good as a separate story arc whereas this one is dark but ties into a larger story.

The stories were written independent of each Lf story group didn’t have any overarching story but more so certain ideas they wanted to implement. I know that JJ was finishing filming TFA right as Rian was finishing writing TLJ and originally Chewie and R2 accompany Rey to Ach-to but Rian asked him at the last minute to implement R2 instead and JJ did it. As we see in the film there was no point in R2 sans nostalgia but they directors did collaborate on minor things. Rian said **** everything JJ put in place which I found funny.

some of them were written different but everything was controlled by Lucas himself. THE prequels the Ot it was his ideas and everything went through him. This new trilogy needs one person and one person only

to say anyone can be a jedi and have the force is a slap in the face to the original trilogy we all wanted to be either a jedi or sith as a kid but this is just a big DIsney hug to all the little kids saying you can be anything.

I thought the idea was any jedi could be powerful with the force and not have to come from a particular blood line.? Not that anyone could be a jedi.

:lol: at thinking a lightsaber is so important. It's a lightsaber, nothing more. If anything, the hype of it in TFA was more lame than the joke of tossing it aside as Luke did.

He had closed himself off from the force, he didn't want to do it anymore, he wanted the Jedi to die, he wanted to die on the Jedi planet, and he gets brought back some old dusty lightsaber, and you guys believe it should be some monumental event?

:lol: Naw, you guys hoped and prayed it meant Rey was Luke's daughter and you're butthurt that wasn't it. (Yet :nerd: )

Luke is taking the loss of his nephew to the dark side very hard, the death of his students very hard. When he tossed aside his lightsaber in front of the Emperor, he had fought off turning to the dark side, nothing more, he knew he was likely going to die. He was responsible for his own death, and his alone. In this instance, he felt he had hurt his sister losing her son, and the new Jedi he was training. He wanted out of that. He said it himself, for the brief moment, he thought of ending Kylo, and felt ashamed of himself, and thought better of it, but Kylo woke up and saw him, and Luke tried to explain but Kylo jumped into action. From then on, he didn't want to be a Jedi anymore, and was ready to move on.

Is that any different than Yoda and Obi Wan going into hiding waiting/hoping/praying for ONE boy to grow up two decades later while Vader ruled the galaxy?

Quit sniveling because you didn't get Rey's lineage figured out and see the bigger picture. The fact Luke turned back on his powers and was able to do what he did shows you how immensely powerful he was. How strong he had become, hence his apprehension and causing harm like his own father had.

Obi Wan went out with the force, Yoda went out with the force, and now Luke has gone out with the force, that's a powerful thing right there. Wipe your tears and see it.

anyone else cringe when luke use the word "laser sword" haha correct me if im wrong but I dont recall them calling it that in prior movies

lamekilla lamekilla buschfan04 buschfan04 I agree with both of you and thanks for the note. Disney should've let JJ handle this trilogy entirely by himself and continue rehashing Episodes IV-VI with a 21st century PC cast.

This one is different - there were some interesting elements which they could have capitalized on but chose not too. Even as a casual fan, I felt that they did away with Snoke too quickly and they could've explored the 'relationship' between Kylo & Rey further.

The Chewbacca & Porg scene was cringeworthy. He a vegetarian now? :lol:

anyone else cringe when luke use the word "laser sword" haha correct me if im wrong but I dont recall them calling it that in prior movies

I was sooooo mad. I was unsure if I heard it correctly. Imagine how mark felt saying that.

As much as I would love to say they’re playing with her lineage and going to give us a real answer in 9, I feel like the end scene with broom boy solidifies what Kylo said to be true. She’s a junkard baby. ‍♂️

The audience reviews on rt are sooooo bad lol.

Giving it half a star one star no stars.

Is this WORTH watching in the theater lol
Or are they just angry

Or are they just angry

with a split like this, I think you got to watch it in theater not just to decide for yourself, but the visuals alone have to be seen on the big screen I thought

Or are they just angry

They're just angry. This movie isn't 1/2 a star or 0. It just isn't. People disagree with the direction the movie went in because it isn't what we've gotten before.

Go see it for yourself to form your own opinion. I wouldn't let anyone in here or on Metacritic or RT sway your decision to at least see the movie. The movie at the very least deserves your time to provide you with an opportunity to decide for yourself.

I always said this was a good movie but for people saying this has no flaws or this is up there with empire come on now. I like this movie but it’s not great. The force awakens was a better Star Wars movie then this one

Back
Top Bottom