Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^I can buy that reasoning. I can see Luke holding onto the force as a burden of sorts to try to prevent the Sith again and then like you said, there's another disturbance in the force.

[thread="512239"] [/thread]

I actually like the space battle at the beginning of ROTS. But I do understand that part of the reason for that was so he could show off/push the technology. In the grand scheme of things, people needed to see that in order to appreciate these simpler ones.
that is the reason the prequels were bad though, too much effort was spent on showing off the new tech that they didnt put any effort into developing likeable multidimentional characters or coherent story

like you spend millions of hours behind computers creating these space battles but you cant take the 1-2 hours at the writers desk to think of a better way for anakin to seduce padme other than talking about sand in a monotone voice? 

in the OG movies the lightsaber battles had meaning behind them, every duel felt like the fate of the universe depended on who came out on top. prequel lightsaber battles other than darth maul are all meaningless showmanship, just a people that no one cares about fighting for a cause no one actually understands. 

Definitely. Too much emphasis on showing off all of the bells and whistles just took away from the character focus that made the OT classic.

Last edited:
I'm going to pray like no other that they have not put the force to sleep for 30 years.

That would be a horrible, horrible start to the new series, right off the bat.

My "hope" is merely a ripple of evil brewing causes the "awakening" of sorts. Sort of in the OG Star Wars way. Vader-Palpatine were around the entire time, Yoda was hiding, Ben was hiding, Luke and Leia were growing, and when the time was right, Ben reemerged and began helping Luke learn the force. That's kind of an awakening of sorts.

If they start by trying to tell us there was no Jedi/Sith activity the last 30 years, they are screwing up a lot of potential for later stories. That's just bad planning right there.

I'm ok with Luke in a cave, Ben style, but you have to allow for other stuff to have been going on "underground" for 3 freakin decades. :lol:

I'm ok with Luke in a cave, Ben style, but you have to allow for other stuff to have been going on "underground" for 3 freakin decades.
laugh.gif
was obi-wan hiding in a cave, a la yoda?

I know you've read the books and all that and know way more than I do on the subject matter.. but I just kinda assumed he was laying low and going to the safer planets will biding his time

while yoda was camped out in a cave on that one planet

I'm ok with Luke in a cave, Ben style, but you have to allow for other stuff to have been going on "underground" for 3 freakin decades. :lol:

was obi-wan hiding in a cave, a la yoda?

I know you've read the books and all that and know way more than I do on the subject matter.. but I just kinda assumed he was laying low and going to the safer planets will biding his time

while yoda was camped out in a cave on that one planet

He was hiding on Luke's planet, watching over him thru his youth all those years.

He was hiding on Luke's planet, watching over him thru his youth all those years.
I mean I figured that.. but I figured he was the one on the ground making moves all over the place, while he and yoda kept in communication and they waited for the opportune time

I mean I figured that.. but I figured he was the one on the ground making moves all over the place, while he and yoda kept in communication and they waited for the opportune time

Well, that could all be rewritten still, but from everything I know, he sat in a cave for 18 years.

That could all be changed now tho, maybe they make him someone that traveled around in the shadows, we'll see I guess.

I hope those latest bullet point rimors on that site are true. Now that i can get excited about

Also from that same site, It reveals, whether true or not, JJ Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan wanted the new trilogy to feature a darker tone more reminiscent of Empire Strikes Back than of the prequels. That's good news at least.

Gee, wonder why they would want to get away from the previous tones of the films......... hmmmmmmm

Interesting.

Honestly. I've stopped putting trust in Latino Review rumors..... These guys haven't gotten one thing right with Episode VII at all. Not one. Same dudes who were guaranteeing that Benedict Cumberbatch was in the movie and that Palpatine was the villian again.

But.... The Serkis stuff does sound similar to other stuff going around... As does the Gleeson, although there's is alot more detailed.

This is from the same site that gave us the picture of the Sith W/ the Revan helmet / cross guard Saber B4 the Teaser came out.

Andy Serkis’ character basically looks like an old man, zombie like, almost risen from the dead.

He is being referred to as “Uber”, similarly to how Ridley is being called Kira and Nyong’o is being called Rose.

“Uber” has communication with Adam Driver’s Sith character, and a character played by Domhnall Gleeson.

Serkis potentially is the Master pulling the strings from behind the scenes.

All three characters are part of the new “Empire” which Gwendoline Christie’s character is also a part of.

She is confirmed to be playing a Chrome Trooper.

This is only going to fuel the rumor that Serkis is playing Darth Plagueis, and there’s another rumor floating around that he is actually doing that. Although that rumor says it’s not the same (alien) Plagueis from the EU, but a canon version created for the films.

Last edited:
I still absolutely love ROTS. But everything else from the prequels that Darth Maul wasn't a part of can go. Everything. All of AOTC, 95% of TPM.

Agree with a lot of this. I did like the conclusion in ROTS, I just wish it could have happened a different way, but from him backing himself into a corner with the first two prequels, he closed it strong.

But that's what pissed me off even more with the first two. He clearly showed he had it in him, why did he screw the first two up so bad? :x :smh:

A lot of the superficial stuff was garbage but the backstory of the rise of Sidious arguably was a more intricate story than the OG films (ESB is my favorite of all time). How Papatine became emperor due to just a trade dispute shows how powerful and clairvoyant he truly was. Every domino fell into place. Tyrannus and Sifo Dias (same dude right? Can't remember of the top of the head) putting the order to get the clone army, the trade federation and separatists being played like puppets, the Jedi not having any clue to what's happening, making Yoda look like a punk at the end of Episode III, getting the most powerful or force sensitive Jedi to turn to the dark side, order 66 etc; Sidious was a beast.

If you watch the prequels from that viewpoint they seem much better than they are. Also if you feel like the war aspect of each film was lacking that's what the cartoons were for; they made up for the lackluster movies.

Sifo-Dyas and Tyrannus are two different people. Sifo-Dyas was a member of the Jedi council who ordered the creation of the clone army because he knew the war was inevitable. He did this without talking to the council first because he knew how political the Jedi had become. Sifo-Dyas went to the Kaminoans alongside Tyrannus (Dooku), who was also a Jedi at the time but had lost faith in the Jedi ways and was turning to the dark side, and ordered the army. Eventually, Dooku turned to the darkside and under the order of Sidious, killed Sifo-Dyas and told the Kaminoans to continue the production of clones and was secretly funded by Sidious using republic credits,

Last edited:
Earlier today, artist Matt Taylor revealed a sneak peek on Instagram of his latest Star Wars project. Soon after, StarWars.com unveiled the official cover of Star Wars: Dark Disciple, a novel written by Christie Golden, with main characters Asajj Ventress and Quinlan Vos. News of the upcoming novel first surfaced during San Diego Comic-Con 2014 and a synopsis followed in August. Based on unfinished scripts from Star Wars: The Clone Wars, the novel is scheduled to be released on July 7, 2015.

View media item 1297107

Liam was more Jedi in Batman Begins than he was Phantom. :lol: He had literally no worthy dialogue in Phantom at all. He could/should have been so much better.

Then Batman Begins comes out, and it's like........? Where was this 5 years ago? :frown:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom