Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Range Trooper was bit of a stretch and now a Mudtrooper?!?! Look like rejects from Mad Max. Disgrace to The Empire.
Effing Mudtrooper. DaF*.

tumblr_inline_nn4wzvmf421qgp297_250.gif

Can’t wait for Solo to flop so everyone can officially revisit how Rian Johnson killed Star Wars

A movie he had nothin to do with....... :lol: :rofl:

One of your dumbest statements, and that's sayin something.

We’ll revisit it because the interest in Star Wars won’t be there anymore...because of Rian Johnson and how he killed interest in Star Wars with that stunt he pulled in December. We all know you’ll defend Solo however even when the media and the general public deem it a flop. Just know we’re still here for you CP

We’ll revisit it because the interest in Star Wars won’t be there anymore...because of Rian Johnson and how he killed interest in Star Wars with that stunt he pulled in December. We all know you’ll defend Solo however even when the media and the general public deem it a flop. Just know we’re still here for you CP

I get it, you wanted Luke/Rey to be a thing. We all get it.

Rian had other ideas. He didn't ruin anything.

Solo
Ep 9
Rian trilogy
GoT trilogy
Jon Fav TV show

Books, comics, video games, and countless more projects will come. Fett, Thrawn, Obi, Old Republic, etc.

There is no killing of Star Wars. Luke is dead, Star Wars is not. You're just a fan of Luke. I, and millions of others, are fans of STAR WARS. We're not going anywhere, you are, and that's fine.

Solo
Ep 9
Rian trilogy
GoT trilogy
Jon Fav TV show

Books, comics, video games, and countless more projects will come. Fett, Thrawn, Obi, Old Republic, etc.

There is no killing of Star Wars. Luke is dead, Star Wars is not. You're just a fan of Luke. I, and millions of others, are fans of STAR WARS. We're not going anywhere, you are, and that's fine.

The execution is where my problem lies and the problem with the film. Everything in the story could have happened the exact same way and if the execution was better the film would have been universally praised as opposed to panned. No respect to what came before it. Force ghost summoning lightning? Leia flying through space? Kylo and Rey using the force to appear in front of each other across the galaxy?? But Luke Skywalker can’t do the same thing without dying? The fandom deserved better and you know it. We all know it. And the reception Star Wars will get going forward will prove it.

Solo
Ep 9
Rian trilogy
GoT trilogy
Jon Fav TV show

Luke is dead and Star Wars is on life support hoping the next movies are hits. Sorry but its true. *To a lot of people.

The execution is where my problem lies and the problem with the film. Everything in the story could have happened the exact same way and if the execution was better the film would have been universally praised as opposed to panned. No respect to what came before it. Force ghost summoning lightning? Leia flying through space? Kylo and Rey using the force to appear in front of each other across the galaxy?? But Luke Skywalker can’t do the same thing without dying? The fandom deserved better and you know it. We all know it. And the reception Star Wars will get going forward will prove it.

Again, THIRTY years has passed. Leia hasn't grown her powers? Vader's child doesn't have ability others wouldn't?

Rey/Kyo didn't use the force to see each, Smoke did.

Kylo's words, "this can't be you, the effort would kill you...."

Yoda been dead 30+ years, but he can show up when he wants to. Same as Obi. You don't have a problem with that, but you have a problem with lightning? :lol:

You guys want them to have all these powers, then pissed when they show you some. :lol: Rian gave you examples of their strengths, you just didn't like them.

You were cool with Luke shooting thru a manhole without his targeting computer tho. :wink:

Rian did the same things George did, you just wanted that Skywalker daughter so bad it killed you he didn't give that to ya.

I will reiterate, I fully believe I'm more accepting of Luke/Leia because I've been following their story for 20+ years.

They were Gods. I've read them at their greatest. I know their skills, powers, abilities, so to ME, what TLJ gave me was different than what you guys may have hoped for. You wanted to see that level, but reality is they're in their 60's now. Han was ~70ish in TFA.

To see them elevated and fully powered/peak skilled, you had to recast them. (Which I wanted, day 1) To fully see the level they got to, they had to be younger, otherwise it woulda all been stuntman. Alec Guinness level lightsaber battles.

I'm not a Star Wars guy at all and Rogue One is one of my favorite movies in recent years.

The force returns and the Last Jedi are okay. I redboxed them.

CP, stop trying bro, you can't each them. Let them be bitter about dumb ****.

Star Wars won't die in our lifetime.

I'm anticipating Solo at the least. Not excited per se but I liked the trailer. The main movies have been whatever but Rogue One was great

Reactions: ARK
MCU never really did it for me. I mean, I enjoy the movies and look forward to see the next installments, but the excitement never reached Star Wars-levels for me.

Having said that, while I'm looking forward to Solo... expectations are quite low.

It's just unfathomable to me how simple minded they're being.

I had a ton of gripes about the prequels, everyone knows that about me, but never did I think Star Wars was dead. :lol:

There is soooooooooo much out there. The Clone Wars micro series. The Clone Wars regular series. The EU. The OG trilogy, the prequel trilogy. Nothing could eliminate it all, no matter what I thought of 1-2 movies.

The Last Jedi didn't harm anything. Let the info drop about a Maul spinoff project ( :nerd: ) and people would go crazy all over again.

Let a Revan film get revealed, or Bane, or Bounty Hunters, or Thrawn, there will always be a large fanbase ready for it.

And that doesn't even speak to whatever new material gets created.

Any of the ones that disliked TLJ, or TFA, have you read any of the Disney cannon books? Aftermath trilogy, Tarkin, Lords of the Sith, Thrawn, Heir to the Jedi, Catalyst, or A New Dawn?

If they're smart the next trilogy comes out soon like 2020 soon.

They’re creatively bankrupt. The new trilogy will be an obi wan back story or something corny. They don’t have the stones to make completely new characters and new story’s that doesn’t involve George’s original stories and characters

Again, THIRTY years has passed. Leia hasn't grown her powers? Vader's child doesn't have ability others wouldn't?

Rey/Kyo didn't use the force to see each, Smoke did.

Kylo's words, "this can't be you, the effort would kill you...."

Yoda been dead 30+ years, but he can show up when he wants to. Same as Obi. You don't have a problem with that, but you have a problem with lightning? :lol:

You guys want them to have all these powers, then pissed when they show you some. :lol: Rian gave you examples of their strengths, you just didn't like them.

You were cool with Luke shooting thru a manhole without his targeting computer tho. :wink:

Rian did the same things George did, you just wanted that Skywalker daughter so bad it killed you he didn't give that to ya.

30 years has passed, exactly. Which is why we all deserved better. This same Leia that’s flying through space couldn’t reach her son who got bested by a random girl in an forest who held a lightsaber for the first time. Talk to me. Snoke used the Force to allow Rey and Kylo to speak to each other even though they connected minds after after Snoke died as well, huh. Talk to me. Force Ghosts have been established for 30+ years and for 30+ years we knew the rules of the Force ghosts were that they can’t interfere with the physical plain and with no explanation whether it be Ach-to enhancing force ability or Yoda unlocking a new level of Force ghost ability that rule was annulled. Talk to me. Because George Lucas made the rules in ‘77, ‘80 and ‘83 and did it again in ‘99, ‘02 and ‘05. Playing in his own sandbox is a lot different than someone else playing in his. Luke’s computer system going out and him using the force to shoot through a manhole at least has mentorship and family legacy of being a force prodigy behind it. Rey force pulling a lightsaber to herself out of nowhere against a someone who had mentorship and family legacy of being a force prodigy....disjointed. If I’m suspending my disbelief with glowing light sword and Telekenesis why am I as a viewer not rewarded with consistency? Cause it’s Star Wars right? Let the past die. Let it die a mediocre death if you have to. I know I will.

December 15, 2017 is the day Star Wars died. You may still be in the denial stage of grief though this comment seems like anger :lol: I’m in the depression stage inching toward acceptance.

Largest First week to second week box office drop in cinema history.

Largest sequel to sequel drop in cinema history.

Why? We all know why.

Back
Top Bottom