Starting Out In Community College CHEAPER? Than Going Straight To A UNIVERSITY??? vol.1

EMT checking in
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That's what I'm doing now (live in maryland). I want to transfer by either this comin fall or next summer. And yes, it can "suck you in". Had a few peeps I know dropout after 1 year. You definitely have to stay focused and keep your eyes on your goal. Because it feels just like HS, except I can listen to my iPod when I want
laugh.gif

That's what I'm doing now (live in maryland). I want to transfer by either this comin fall or next summer. And yes, it can "suck you in". Had a few peeps I know dropout after 1 year. You definitely have to stay focused and keep your eyes on your goal. Because it feels just like HS, except I can listen to my iPod when I want
laugh.gif

i went the cc to university route with no regrets. Have less than 14k debt with a degree thats easily worth around 200k so im good..it all depends on if you want that hyped experience of college though..me im an introvert, and i had certain goals to reach and a deadline to work with, so i got it done in the most efficient way possible. to me no one cares about where u met your general requirements, its all about where you recieved your undergrad and grad school degree from. So id rahter place my money into a reputable grad school program than go to an expensive univerity all 4 years.

i went the cc to university route with no regrets. Have less than 14k debt with a degree thats easily worth around 200k so im good..it all depends on if you want that hyped experience of college though..me im an introvert, and i had certain goals to reach and a deadline to work with, so i got it done in the most efficient way possible. to me no one cares about where u met your general requirements, its all about where you recieved your undergrad and grad school degree from. So id rahter place my money into a reputable grad school program than go to an expensive univerity all 4 years.

Nice to see a EMT on NT.
Taking my practicals and state exam Jan 20th. wish me luck

I went straight to an EMT specific school. Didnt go the CC route because of all of the prerequisites OP mentioned. I know it is different from state to state but is this an option for you OP? My tuition was around 1k including textbook, workbook, stethoscope, BP cuff and pocket mask. After you get your license you can go to a volunteer ambulance and after a probationary period they will pay for your Paramedics training.

Nice to see a EMT on NT.

I went straight to an EMT specific school. Didnt go the CC route because of all of the prerequisites OP mentioned. I know it is different from state to state but is this an option for you OP? My tuition was around 1k including textbook, workbook, stethoscope, BP cuff and pocket mask. After you get your license you can go to a volunteer ambulance and after a probationary period they will pay for your Paramedics training.

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Nice to see a EMT on NT.

How did you find it? Im in utah if that matters, but willing to relocate if there is an exceptional one in LA..
and does it matter where u get your education? like would a CC or University degree look better than a degree from a EMT specific school?

Nice to see a EMT on NT.

How did you find it? Im in utah if that matters, but willing to relocate if there is an exceptional one in LA..
and does it matter where u get your education? like would a CC or University degree look better than a degree from a EMT specific school?

1. make sure the credits are transferrable
2. get a really really really really really good GPA; no games

1. make sure the credits are transferrable
2. get a really really really really really good GPA; no games

i found it on google.
i live in NYC so its a little easier cause there are schools littered all over brooklyn and queens (plus most of the cc schools too)
and it really isnt an EMT degree, more like EMT certification. College credits aren't required to be an EMT in NY, but again everything is state regulated so it may be different in your neck of the woods.

i found it on google.
i live in NYC so its a little easier cause there are schools littered all over brooklyn and queens (plus most of the cc schools too)
and it really isnt an EMT degree, more like EMT certification. College credits aren't required to be an EMT in NY, but again everything is state regulated so it may be different in your neck of the woods.

MSU - $12,000 a semester x 2 = $24,000
CC - $1,500 a term x 3 = $4,500

Yeah, was an easy choice.

MSU - $12,000 a semester x 2 = $24,000
CC - $1,500 a term x 3 = $4,500

Yeah, was an easy choice.

i found it on google.

IM FROM NYC, HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT APPLYING TO BE AN EMT?

i found it on google.

IM FROM NYC, HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT APPLYING TO BE AN EMT?

^^^google emt courses in nyc. find one around you or one that meets your schedule needs
take the course. maintain a 70 average. get a MMR shot/TB test so you can complete a 12 hour clinical rotation (set up by your school in a ER or ambulance).
pass a practical exam (hands on)
pass the written state exam (70+)
apply at FDNY or go private

3-6 months tops

^^^google emt courses in nyc. find one around you or one that meets your schedule needs
take the course. maintain a 70 average. get a MMR shot/TB test so you can complete a 12 hour clinical rotation (set up by your school in a ER or ambulance).
pass a practical exam (hands on)
pass the written state exam (70+)
apply at FDNY or go private

3-6 months tops

Back
Top Bottom