Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by amel223

the way it works for me is that I can deadlift more than I can squat. I can squat more than I can bench press. I always assumed it was the same way for everybody else.
it is majority of the time.
Deadlift should be your heaviest lift out of the rest

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've heard of anyone being able to bench press more than they can squat unless they don't squat

whats the purpose of the sauna guys?

is it to tighten up from losing weight? or is it to lose weight?

got one at my gym and im dropping alot of weight so idk
nerd.gif

Havent lifted in 3 days and I feel bad. Still sticking to my healthy diet. You really start to feel the toll when you dont workout.

Originally Posted by MMG

whats the purpose of the sauna guys?

is it to tighten up from losing weight? or is it to lose weight?

got one at my gym and im dropping alot of weight so idk
nerd.gif

nothing, seriously
laugh.gif
if you lose weight its straight up water and you will gain it the second you drink something.

I have been eating bad and drinking almost everyday so far this week...

was trying on clothes tonight, and could totally visually see the difference from last week (not as cut and defined in my chest, shoulders and abs)... crazy how the body works

back to business tomorrow

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by gatorad3

I've read some of the replies here and some people making losing weight harder than it really is....
I followed this guy name Wave_length advice on bodybuilding.com forum and I lost 25lbs last year. Following it again this year.

Taken from his thread here : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

You only have to follow three simple rules:

- Workout 3 times a week with weights.
- Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.
- Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week.

Success is 100% guaranteed.

This is what he looks like

1B9cE3gk1QkuMpyNvyw1Ek5vsN04nd735p.jpeg
Doesn't get any simpler 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
simple?  I shall put that name to the test...
360_King_Leonidas_-_A_300.jpg

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I simply don't understand the mechanics of my body. I am now able to deadlift 365lbs but still can't barbell bench press 185lbs more than once.

I am, however, increasing my dumb bell bench press considerably.

The most difficult aspect of barbell bench press is the pressure on my hands. I can pull things but I can't push em.

Try changing up the sets and reps. Plateauing is a %%%%#. From experience, I know it's harder to bench more than your body weight.

How tall are you and how much do you weigh? Just curious.

Originally Posted by CaptainKicks

I simply don't understand the mechanics of my body. I am now able to deadlift 365lbs but still can't barbell bench press 185lbs more than once.

The most difficult aspect of barbell bench press is the pressure on my hands. I can pull things but I can't push em.

Try changing up the sets and reps. Plateauing is a %%%%#. From experience, I know it's harder to bench more than your body weight.

6'0 185lb
I've tried literally three different bench programs and all sorts of rep schemes... its just such an uncomfortable movement for me. watched 10-20 youtube vids including that three part series with jim weilder or whoever which is considered the go-to.

I guess it is what it is 
laugh.gif
... I only want to increase chest size and I find dumbbells are helping

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

I wanna ride a bicycle, been looking into it for awhile now..
nerd.gif

I've seen too many people get on a bike and never get off because of the amount of mass you lose. Even if you do it correctly, you're going to lose a certain amount... probablythe same amount of mass as it took them to build in the first few years of building. It's a psychological mindfuuu

Originally Posted by CaptainKicks

6'0 185lb
I've tried literally three different bench programs and all sorts of rep schemes... its just such an uncomfortable movement for me. watched 10-20 youtube vids including that three part series with jim weilder or whoever which is considered the go-to.

I guess it is what it is 
laugh.gif
I am in the same boat man i don't stress it.  I am 6 foot about 180.  I can't barbell bench any weight.  I have long arms so its never been the easiest thing for me (normally i only go up to 150lb i rarely do to fail since i am always at the gym solo).  I do it just to switch things up but i get better feeling/results, that two day burn, from dumbbell press.

nerd.gif

I've seen too many people get on a bike and never get off because of the amount of mass you lose. Even if you do it correctly, you're going to lose a certain amount... probablythe same amount of mass as it took them to build in the first few years of building. It's a psychological mindfuuu
Just a small one, just to see what it would be like. I just wanna see what kind of gains I would make.

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

Originally Posted by Chao

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

Can anyone help me develop a workout plan? I'm trying to lose 40 lbs or so in hopes of becoming lean. I was thinking of getting the Insanity workout plan but how does that effect the long run? Is it worth it? I was also thinking I could just walk/run on a treadmill and ride a stationary bike until I shed it all off.

I would also like meal/food recommendations. I've already bought some things that would help (fruits, vegetables, multi-grain whole wheat bread, egg whites, turkey bacon, etc). I wanna look good but I want to be able to maintain it as well. I'm allergic to nuts so I have to skip out on those. Any help is appreciated.

http://forum.bodybuilding...showthread.php?t=4195843

That's a beginner workout that's worked quite well for me. It's only 3 days a week, and I do mine on Mon, Wed, and Friday. So I hit abs and do some extra cardio on the off days (Tues, Thurs, and Sat.). Sunday is an off day to get ready for the next heavy day.

As far as food options, I'd like help on that too. I'm in pretty good shape now, but I'd probably be downright cut if my diet wasn't still unhealthy.
Thanks
pimp.gif
How much weight did you lose while doing this and how long did it take?

I'm 5'9 and was probably up to like 180-185 when I had been slacking before starting that workout. Right now I'm somewhere around 160-165, so it's probably only been about 20 actual pounds I've lost. I know for a fact I look way better than before though, clothes look better on me and such.
I started it near the end of last September, so like 6 months ago. but I really haven't added that much cardio to it, and like I said, my diet is still pretty atrocious. 
sick.gif

One thing that brought immediate results in my physique was cutting soda out of my diet entirely. That's kind of obvious, but you wouldn't believe how bad that stuff is for you. 
pimp.gif

6'0 185lb

I guess it is what it is 
laugh.gif
Thats weird...

Dumbells are tougher on the hands for me... What do you press with them?

NT bros....im getting a little discouraged.

Ive been lifting since late august..intention to gain weight and get stronger

Got up to 165 no problem after starting a little below 150. For the last 2 months though ive been stagnant at 165. Its difficult to eat. I know thats basically what it comes down to but its just hard to eat till im sick every day. However I have noticed I am getting leaner and little stronger but I still feel I should be doing better. Its almost unintentional cutting
laugh.gif

I might try P90x when this semesters over when I wont have a consistent gym routine.

Finally hit 170. 15 more pounds to go and im gonna hit dat cut.
pimp.gif
Hopefully this bulk will be done around June cause this #$#% is getting expensive and redundant.

nerd.gif

Been looking into something like this....
Trek Rumblefish..

IMG_6222.jpg

But the cost of these sort of bikes are just 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

gained 2 more kilos this week, making me 5'8 165lbs with 7% BF
excuse the pose i was feelin myself. 

20qkz9d.jpg

i need to define my lower abs. but idk how, effectively. I'm going to start doing more cardio than I already do on off days. i currently run about 2 miles every 3 days or so and do a lot of high rep high intensity jerk and cleans (half body weight, as many as possible in 1 minute.. 4 sets) but i need something to isolate the lower abs. 

any suggestions

5'9 - 134 lbs. Trying to get up to 145, this is me earlier today.
30wpguh.jpg

Let's @+$@ the world up y'all.

Sry for half of it being my sink.

Back
Top Bottom