Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Is it ok to have one cheat day a week? I don't have them often, maybe once every 2 weeks and Im not pigging out or adding outrageous cals. For example, I may eat something that bumps my fat intake up to 10% more or having 400 more cals. Is that bad?

Started working out again this week. Just trying to slim do and get cut again. Don't care for that bulky look.Back in '03(I was 14 and like 5 foot 6in) I was about 190, got down to about 140ish in about 3 months. Ate a bunch of fruit and veggies for breakfest, some fish or chicekn and veggies for lunch and the same (fish if I had chicken for lunch, or vice verse) for dinner. Any snack would be fruits or veggies. ONLY drank water. 1 hour and 15 mins of cardio every day(45 mins in the am, 30 in the pm), took sundays off, and threw in some mild weight lifting every other day. And tried to do about 100+ push ups/day

I'm currently 5 foot 11in 180 lbs.
Stuck to this routine this past week and already lost 4 lbs. My goal is to get down to 150 by july.

Couple questions though. Is there such a thing as too much cardio??
And my uncle offered me his bowflex, he has one of the older models, with the resistence bars. Has anyone use or uses the bow flex?? Is it effective?? I HATE free weights, would like an alternative.

thanks in advance, take care.

^ You sure you want to get down to 150? At 5"11 weighing 150 you will be pretty much skin and bones,looking like Tayshaun Prince.

Originally Posted by three6mafia

Started working out again this week. Just trying to slim do and get cut again. Don't care for that bulky look.Back in '03(I was 14 and like 5 foot 6in) I was about 190, got down to about 140ish in about 3 months. Ate a bunch of fruit and veggies for breakfest, some fish or chicekn and veggies for lunch and the same (fish if I had chicken for lunch, or vice verse) for dinner. Any snack would be fruits or veggies. ONLY drank water. 1 hour and 15 mins of cardio every day(45 mins in the am, 30 in the pm), took sundays off, and threw in some mild weight lifting every other day. And tried to do about 100+ push ups/day

I'm currently 5 foot 11in 180 lbs.
Stuck to this routine this past week and already lost 4 lbs. My goal is to get down to 150 by july.

Couple questions though. Is there such a thing as too much cardio??
And my uncle offered me his bowflex, he has one of the older models, with the resistence bars. Has anyone use or uses the bow flex?? Is it effective?? I HATE free weights, would like an alternative.

thanks in advance, take care.
I'm 5'11, 163 (was 174 about 6 weeks ago) and I feel like if I hit 150 I would look thin as *%!%, but I have built alot of muscle and still feel thin. I heard to much cardio can kill muscle gain. I do about 15mins a day of intense cardio and I feel like its too much. 

any advice on getting quicker and helping my vertical?

im starting to play ball almost on the regular and that's one of the things i am trying to focus.

I've read some of the replies here and some people making losing weight harder than it really is....
I followed this guy name Wave_length advice on bodybuilding.com forum and I lost 25lbs last year. Following it again this year.

Taken from his thread here : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

You only have to follow three simple rules:

- Workout 3 times a week with weights.
- Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.
- Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week.

Success is 100% guaranteed.

This is what he looks like

1B9cE3gk1QkuMpyNvyw1Ek5vsN04nd735p.jpeg

Originally Posted by Chao

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

Can anyone help me develop a workout plan? I'm trying to lose 40 lbs or so in hopes of becoming lean. I was thinking of getting the Insanity workout plan but how does that effect the long run? Is it worth it? I was also thinking I could just walk/run on a treadmill and ride a stationary bike until I shed it all off.

I would also like meal/food recommendations. I've already bought some things that would help (fruits, vegetables, multi-grain whole wheat bread, egg whites, turkey bacon, etc). I wanna look good but I want to be able to maintain it as well. I'm allergic to nuts so I have to skip out on those. Any help is appreciated.

http://forum.bodybuilding...showthread.php?t=4195843

That's a beginner workout that's worked quite well for me. It's only 3 days a week, and I do mine on Mon, Wed, and Friday. So I hit abs and do some extra cardio on the off days (Tues, Thurs, and Sat.). Sunday is an off day to get ready for the next heavy day.

As far as food options, I'd like help on that too. I'm in pretty good shape now, but I'd probably be downright cut if my diet wasn't still unhealthy.
Thanks
pimp.gif
How much weight did you lose while doing this and how long did it take?

Originally Posted by gatorad3

I've read some of the replies here and some people making losing weight harder than it really is....
I followed this guy name Wave_length advice on bodybuilding.com forum and I lost 25lbs last year. Following it again this year.

Taken from his thread here : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

Doesn't get any simpler 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by Cole World

im starting to play ball almost on the regular and that's one of the things i am trying to focus.

squats and plyometrics

Originally Posted by CaptainKicks

If you do squats, you gotta have the right form. I see dudes in the weight room with !$#!!% form all the time
30t6p3b.gif
Seems like someone is jealous...
Weight>Form

Spoiler [+]
Not Srs

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Doesn't get any simpler 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
People don't want to hear this.

jerk and cleans are a favorite of mine. do as many reps as possible with half of your body weight for a minute straight. do 3-4 sets of that. awesome workout.

Originally Posted by CaptainKicks

If you do squats, you gotta have the right form. I see dudes in the weight room with !$#!!% form all the time
30t6p3b.gif

its called practice with very light weight and watching videos. rarely does someone jump into squats with good/perfect form.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Was 170 in july, now I'm at 138 (5'9).

Trying to gain weight is tough but I'm very cut. I'm not a typical skinny kid, But I want to get up to around 155-160.

Anyone else hate bulking? My face gets all puffy and I lose my abs. The worst. I feel bloated. Feelsbadman

Been bulking for the past 3 months. It does suck as far as putting on fat but I'm seeing crazy strength gains. Figure I might bulk until August and then eat at a small calorie deficit for about 8 weeks then continue bulking until December. I think the worst part is having to buy so much food and protein. I swear I spend at least $90 or more on protein every month not to mention the $250 it costs for groceries.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by Cole World

squats and plyometrics
yea i started squats at a very very low weight, i do focus on going beyond parallel and keeping form, as soon as it gets too heavy and i break form i rack it

just got over Keto flu after starting on Tuesday, going to weigh in next monday. Anyone know the most convenient place to buy ketostix from? I haven't gotten the metallic taste yet.

I'm on day 3 of a juice fast and it's going great right now. My body is getting all the nutrients it needs so I don't have any loss of energy or anything substantial like that, but I am fighting off the hunger pangs. That should subside after day 3 from what I've read. Some observations:

- Face has broken out a bit and my face is generally always blemish free. This is a side effect of the toxins looking for a way to leave my body so it's a good sign.

- Lungs are sore. I read that this is another side effect of when your body is ready to start detoxifying so I'm guessing the tissue in my lungs are starting to repair.

- Muscles are a little weak, but again that's just another side effect.

- So far this morning only had hunger pangs when I woke up, but took some juice and now I feel fresh and ready to go.

Anyone ever hear of hiphop preacher/ Eric Thomas? Type in on youtube, watch, and feelings of inspiration and motivation will follow. If these effects start wearing away the next day, repeat.

Has anyone ever went in for a physical and was told they have high protein in their urine analysis....I think taking protein powders when I was in h.s....especially back in the 90's was a bad move.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Has anyone ever went in for a physical and was told they have high protein in their urine analysis....I think taking protein powders when I was in h.s....especially back in the 90's was a bad move.
Yep. Nothing to really worry about. Do you work out?

Back
Top Bottom