Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

damn yuku....

Do you guys workout each muscle once or twice a week? For example chest and bicep on Monday and then again on Thursday. This is the only thing bugging me right now. 

Originally Posted by HarlemButtafuoco

damn yuku....

Do you guys workout each muscle once or twice a week? For example chest and bicep on Monday and then again on Thursday. This is the only thing bugging me right now. 

For me...
Back/Tri monday
Chest/Bi Wed
Shoulder Fri

This allows each group to be worked directly and indirectly once a week with sufficient rest. Legs, abdominal and cardio in between.

i usually do

day 1: chest and triceps
day 2: back and biceps
day 3: shoulder and traps
day 4: core and legs

then repeat...

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

3 day split

Chest/Triceps
Back/Biceps
Shoulders/Legs

4 day split

Make legs its own day
For the 3 day split, am I doing cardio on all those days or can i do cardio on the off days? Also, no ab routine mixed in with this?

^ You can do cardio whenever you choose. That's completely up to you.

As for abs, you can throw that in on whatever workout day(s) you choose. I, personally, work my abs 2x a week. That's all you need.

Originally Posted by HarlemButtafuoco

damn yuku....

i do
chest/back Mon + Thursday

Legs - Tues+Friday

Shoulders/Arms - Wed + Saturday

I do:

Monday: Chest + Triceps + Abs
Tuesday: Back + Biceps
Wednesday: Shoulders + Legs + Abs
Thursday: Rest or Cardio
Friday: Chest + Triceps + Abs
Saturday: Back + Biceps
Sunday: Rest or Cardio

What is you guys favorite muscle to work out? As of now, I like working out my back.. on back day I literally do like 15-20 sets on each exercise..
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

Originally Posted by Fireblaze44

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

NT, I desperately need your help...

I want to run more, but I cannot get past a mile without my shin splints throbbing and my arches feeling like they are on fire. The rest of my body is ready to advance to farther distances, but the pain in my lower legs is too much to bear.

I am wearing ASICS Kayano 14's and I use old arch supports from about two years ago. I know i should get new inserts, but is there anything else I can do to relieve this pain?
If you're getting shin splints from running a mile, something is wrong. How much do you weigh? Sounds like it has something to do with your shoes, especially since your arches are in pain.
 First, check your insoles like you said. They're designed to go a certain amount of miles before the cushioning is done.
Try running on grass, the impact is less than on pavement or concrete.
Try taking a rest until your shin splints go away. Change your shoes/insole. Run on more impact-friendly surfaces.
Thanks for the tips... I am 5'11" and weigh 205. My optimal weight is 185 but I took this medication (I am now off of it) for three years that put me up near 230.

Also for the guy above me, I think treadmills are worse than flat surface. I considered trying the elliptical machines but I don't want to look suspect.
alien.gif
i have very flat feet and had really bad shin splits from track and field workouts.  if you really want to eliminate the problem, try barefoot/POSE running.  the longer your running stride is (the farther forward from your body you kick your legs forward), the more likely you are to have heavy heel strike.  when you land on your heels you put a HUGE amount of shock and tension on your joints and the anterior tibialis, and then when your forefoot makes contact with the ground, there's a very strong stretch in the same muscle that causes a reflex contraction to protect the muscle from stretching too far too fast.  superfeet insoles have helped me some, but changing the way i run from heavy heelstrike to landing on the balls of my feet or right at midfoot has made a world of difference when i run. 

if you're not comfortable running strictly barefoot, try vibram fivefingers.  they're not quite shoes, but provide enough protection for your soles to run barefoot safely on a variety of surfaces. 

if you think about it, it makes little sense to rely on something that isn't part of your body to do something that's so natural.  using shoes has forced modern humans to walk and run differently, and call me crazy, but i seriously doubt conventional shoes will truly solve your problem.

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

I do:

Monday: Chest + Triceps + Abs
Tuesday: Back + Biceps
Wednesday: Shoulders + Legs + Abs
Thursday: Rest or Cardio
Friday: Chest + Triceps + Abs
Saturday: Back + Biceps
Sunday: Rest or Cardio

What is you guys favorite muscle to work out? As of now, I like working out my back.. on back day I literally do like 15-20 sets on each exercise..
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Back is my favorite muscle group to workout too
Sunday- Chest+Cardio
Monday- Rest
Tuesday- Back+Abs
Wednesday- Rest
Thursday- Shoulders+Cardio
Friday- Arms+Cardio
Saturday- Legs+Abs

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

I have a feeling you're destroying your lower back. Go see a doctor or something man...

this is exactly why I posed my question about belts
ohwell.gif
. Anyone?
I used to use belts when I was younger.  When I was younger, I didn't know much so I used belts.  Also there wasn't youtube videos and stuff so that I could see the proper form for alot of exercises.  I mean, you kinda know, but the videos nowadays really help. 

Right now, I stick to 8-12 reps for my deadlifts and squats and I haven't felt even a twinge in my back.  My lower back feels tired when I'm putting the weights back right after finishing my set of deadlifts, that's it. 

Like 10-15 pages back, me and a couple guys on here had a discussion about the risks of doing low reps/high weight on deadlifts and squats and whether it was worth the risk of injury. 

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Wordy Dirts

Originally Posted by Wordy Dirts

What other muscle group do you guys normally work out with shoulders. I'm attempting to streamline my routine so I combining 2 muscle groups for 2 of the days.

Day 1 = Chest
Day 2 = Back + BI
Day 3 = Legs
Day 4 = Shoulders + Tri's?

Anyone?
With the rest of my push exercises.

This^^^  Although it can depend on what your goals are and what your stronger/weaker muscle groups are.  If you just want to train functionally to get stronger and decrease bodyfat, then yeah, I'd just do shoulder exercises with chest and triceps, then do back and biceps and legs on their own day and if you want to train a 4th day, do core movements, unilateral leg work and explosive lifts (cleans, snatches).  If you are trying to add muscle mass or shape your physique and you have a weaker bodypart (legs smaller than upper body, or big chest, small arms or vice-vera) you should choose that weaker muscle group and train it on it's own day, so if you haven't been able to build up big shoulders, give them their own day.  If you have decent shoulders, arms, chest, but a weak back, do back on its own and train biceps with your shoulders and tri's., etc...

So i got my testosterone tested after years of procrastinating. Many years now that ive thought ive had some sort of hormone inbalance or low test, and i guessded right. 191 out of a range of 290-800...smh. Wanted to get my estro tested but docs usually try to keep from certain tests if they dont think i need it. Anyway, ill be seeing an Endo and hopfully ill be put on TRT ( testosterone replacement theropy). My suspisions of low test would prob be my early andro on PH use back in the day. Though it wasnt an excessive amount i wast knowledgable in what i was doing, like taking doses spuratically instead of a routine basis having a stable level of hormone in my blood. Thats just my theory.

not really likin no xplod anymore..dont really feel the effects anymore.

lookin into jack3d....what u guys think about that?

Monday - Stretch routine
Tuesday - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Wendsday - HITT + abs
Thursday - Legs
Friday - Back, Lats, Biceps, Forearms
Saturday - HITT + abs

Quick question....

when doing behind-the-back barbell shrugs, which way to you all have your palms? I keep my palms facing backwards....but I saw a dude in the gym today with his palms forwards. Seems like keeping your palms forward would be an awkward grip....I dunno....anyone clarify this?

^ I've never done behind-the-back BB shrugs, nor have I ever seen them done, but palms facing backwards seems to make the most
sense.

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

^ I've never done behind-the-back BB shrugs, nor have I ever seen them done, but palms facing backwards seems to make the most
sense.

Not doing them at all seems to make the most sense to me.

What should I be eating for lunch/snack if I'm working on getting a 6pack?

Thanks.

Behind the back shrugs I'll usually do on occasion palms facing backwards, but on the smith machine. That way you can lean forward a little and just move the weight. Behind the back with a free bar actually puts you in an awkward position and might be a little risky on the shoulders. For a free barbell, you're better off just doing regular shrugs, but the natural path of movement your arms take when you shrug your traps up, your better off holding dumbbells near your sides and kind of a 45 degree angle and just shrugging up, pause, then straight back down (don't roll your shoulders around like I see guys do in the gym all the time, just begging for an injury).

Its an unnatural motion. Your hyper-extending your arms which puts your shoulders at risk of being out of alignment.  Its not a guarantee that youll injure your shoulder doing it, but it certainly is a high risk movement.

I dislike anything that is "behind the back __".  Its very unnatural as I said.  There is nothing functional about those exercises.  No one ever pulls something down behind them, pushes something from behind them or shrugs it from behind them. 

Yeah, behind the back/neck anything is very high risk. Your shoulders are the least stable joint in your body; you don't wanna be messing with them. Most people don't even realize that straight above the head dumbell/military press places yourself at a much higher risk for shoulder injury.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Yeah, behind the back/neck anything is very high risk. Your shoulders are the least stable joint in your body; you don't wanna be messing with them. Most people don't even realize that straight above the head dumbell/military press places yourself at a much higher risk for shoulder injury.
higher risk than....

Back
Top Bottom