STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Hit a PR on my 1RM back squat today at Crossfit. Went 30lbs over what i was shooting for. I was super hyped..until i started the WOD (deadlifts, hang cleans, and hang squat cleans) hahaha

I dislocated my shoulder tonight. Really upset that I know it's gonna keep me out of the gym for a little while.

:lol: I love using low sodium soy sauce in my marinades.

Sorry not sorry. :D
Sorry that I'm a card-carrying member of Americans for a Soy-free America...

timbo is better than arimidex :lol:
What's an arimidex?

I got my yearly check-up with my DR tomorrow. In the past I kind of just do whatever tests he suggests, but I want to get some data on various things (cholesterol etc.) so I can better track and experiment on myself. What do those of you who go to the DR and are male mid-20s generally get done with your yearly check-up?

:lol: I love using low sodium soy sauce in my marinades.

Sorry not sorry. :D
Sorry that I'm a card-carrying member of Americans for a Soy-free America...

timbo is better than arimidex :lol:
What's an arimidex?

I got my yearly check-up with my DR tomorrow. In the past I kind of just do whatever tests he suggests, but I want to get some data on various things (cholesterol etc.) so I can better track and experiment on myself. What do those of you who go to the DR and are male mid-20s generally get done with your yearly check-up?

I have them check blood, urine, test levels and other hormones (endocrinologist), chol, check for hernias, condition of the heart, lungs, check for tb, aids, blood pressure, height, weight..

I dislocated my shoulder tonight. Really upset that I know it's gonna keep me out of the gym for a little while.

How did you dislocate it?

And sorry brah, I dislocated mine around this time last year...feltbadman. Also the worst pain I've ever experience in my life.

And sorry brah, I dislocated mine around this time last year...feltbadman. Also the worst pain I've ever experience in my life.
I was playing softball. Slid feet first into second base doing a hook slide. My arm was perpendicular to my body and i kinda just rolled over on it. 

I was screaming in pain, it hurt pretty bad and i've never suffered any kind of serious injury before. I was on the ground sitting up and everyone was circled around me. Someone asked me if I could move my arm and i said "YEAH!", then tried to move it and instantly said no haha

Someone then seriously just slapped my shoulder to pop it back into place. It is pretty depressing cause I know it is gonna keep me from working out my upper body for while, but i'll still be able to cook my legs to an extent. Not that getting injured is ever good, but it is probably going to be good for my body to take a break. 

How long did it take you to recover?

Last edited:
Think my client is in the struggle right now in the restroom. Been gone like 10 minutes. I know that feeling that early morning coffee or pre workout kicking in

I was playing softball. Slid feet first into second base doing a hook slide. My arm was perpendicular to my body and i kinda just rolled over on it. 

I was screaming in pain, it hurt pretty bad and i've never suffered any kind of serious injury before. I was on the ground sitting up and everyone was circled around me. Someone asked me if I could move my arm and i said "YEAH!", then tried to move it and instantly said no haha

Someone then seriously just slapped my shoulder to pop it back into place. It is pretty depressing cause I know it is gonna keep me from working out my upper body for while, but i'll still be able to cook my legs to an extent. Not that getting injured is ever good, but it is probably going to be good for my body to take a break. 

How long did it take you to recover?

Mine sounds a bit worse than yours, I waited like 2 hours to get it back into the socket, which was possibly the worst thing for a dislocation. Went to the ER to get X-Rays to make sure there was no breaks in the bones, etc...

Took about 2 months to get back into the gym. Even then, I was doing like 10-15 lbs on anything upper body. Used a lot of resistance band work. It was tough to do back squats too, lol. Just overall bad.

My advice to you:
Immobilize/Sling (don't get cute and think you can move it)
Ice it for an hour at night.
Sleep on a chair (prevent yourself from rolling over on your injured shoulder)
After a couple of weeks, have someone help you move/exercise your shoulder.

upped my calories and ended up gaining about 7 pounds :pimp:

just murked my shoulders and traps feels good

Leg day, legs are cooked.

Squats 4X6
Stiff Legged DL 3X8
Power Cleans (135) Superset with Box jumps 4X4
Leg Extensions superset with calf raises 4X10

Question, on the big compound lifts, how many warm up sets/reps do ya'll do?

Tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, red bell pepper.

i remember during my cut i was eating eggs like crazy. rarely eat them anymore.

2 whole, 7 whites. sometimes 3 whole and 7. everyday. dat protein

i remember during my cut i was eating eggs like crazy. rarely eat them anymore.

2 whole, 7 whites. sometimes 3 whole and 7. everyday. dat protein
I crush eggs like no other. Absolutely delicious with some good salsa. 

Im on a Bulk. I eat eggs on cut and on Bulk.

Why don't you eat it while you bulk? is their any reason?

Cause he's Zyzz... :lol:

Love eggs, 4x1 is what I go with. 4 egg whites x 1 whole egg. :smokin

Had to scale my session last night, ate something that made me feel the bg's. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom