STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

That's a great article. It's awesome when people can come together to help someone else like that.

We're all in here because we want to improve our health. The next guys goals and journey might not be the same but they're still working to better themselves and I can respect anyone who's doing that.

I'm trying to cut weight and get toned by my wedding in September. Should my diet be my main focus? Im 255 and would like to get down to 220...

Join a new gym today..

Gold's gym..
Well, I go to 24...I just feel lost on what I should work on. I suck at creating an actual workout plan. Haha.

I sorta like that as well.. I can create a workout plan..however when I get to the gym..I just free roam around the gym..totally ignoring my workout plan by doing different calisthenics..

Last edited:
Just joined 24 fitness and I'm loving the vibe. I feel much more enthused in a large full service gym than the small overcrowded one I went to last year. It's 5x more a month than the last one but it's worth it for now.

Cardio only today had a really good shoulder work out yesterday.

I love working out man....i had a crap day at work yesterday...i had no energy....had a headache...felt like crap....sat in traffic for 1.5 hours getting the gym...was instantly miserable....got to gym....don't know how but set number 3 headache gone...energy out of no where....did DB press with 70s 4 reps 3 sets....usually only get up to 65s....felt great. Killed shoulders and did some biceps. Left the gym feeling great.

I also some how think deadlifting just makes my whole body stronger. I dead lifted wednesday and idk why but i felt like that helped me yesterday with shoulders.

last thing on the CF nonsense, a lot of people have nothing against CF, just don't like CFers. Same way i feel about marathon runners some times. Like its impressive don't get me wrong i could never...but the bumper sticker....the elitism...the running on a tredmill for 1.5 hours at the gym....wearing your "baltimore marathon" shirt every day to the gym. We get it you ran a marathon

Sippin' on some black coffee and reflecting...

Bruised my ankle the other day. Been hitting the exercise bike instead of running. Boring as hell but gets the job done for cardio.

Speaking of gyms, I have been looking for an excuse to find a new one. Can't find a reason though. Change of scenery isn't good enough of a reason to switch.

I don't know the science of CF. I can't argue the pros and cons of the workout itself. BUT there's a lot about it from a historic societal standpoint that makes it easy for people to make fun of. I don't even want to open up that can of worms.

There was some talk about re-instating Lucky. Who is going to start the petition? I'll sign it brahs. I have no idea who is natty and fake natty these days. Not to mention what flavor pop tarts are schedule to drop this Spring.

mann, do anything productive happen in this thread.
been reading page after page and its all & left right back up down .sure aint forward thoe >D

I'd be down to open up to some general or specific questions..

a longer nt here, but also active on bodybuilding.com (excellent website for ALL).

Im no pro bb but do have solid years work in, along with that ive read and learn'd the entire time.

throughout college my 4 yr roomate was a fitness major..

done the p90x's, insanity's, my own program's.. now on a cutting cycle...
w.e

point is this thread needs life :nthat:

if you got a question, and are feeling motivated i can put together the best of my knowledge for you.
nutrition, macros, supplementation, and muscle training.
You clearly haven't been reading this thread carefully if you think that nothing productive happens here, but hey, you're probably the savior this thread needs because you read bodybuilding.com and lived with a fitness major.

There was some talk about re-instating Lucky. Who is going to start the petition? I'll sign it brahs. I have no idea who is natty and fake natty these days. Not to mention what flavor pop tarts are schedule to drop this Spring.
Ill start it

I dont see why he ever stopped posting in here or was banned. Sure Ive had a couple arguments with him but hey thats how life works.

"Abs are made in the kitchen." I hate that phrase cause I've been struggling to drop this layer of fat on my stomach.

I'm of Caribbean decent and one of our main dishes is rice. I've been trying to limit it but its tough cause I don't eat much of anything else.

An example of what I might have in a day:

Breakfast - 3-4 eggs, fruit.
Post workout - Protein shake
Lunch - rice, chicken breast
Dinner - chicken cesar wrap
Snack - Protein shake

Anything I can add/or remove?

Anyone?

You just gotta count calories, ain't nothing wrong with what you're eating although I'd up the veggie intake.

Rice gets a bad rap, **** is great post workout when you should be eating heavy carbs, pretty much my go to. I don't eat it on off days though.

Probably been discussed in here, but what are people's thoughts on creatine? Essential supp? I've never messed with it, but have been having second thoughts based on my interactions.

Probably been discussed in here, but what are people's thoughts on creatine? Essential supp? I've never messed with it, but have been having second thoughts based on my interactions.

Unlike some other supps I used to take, you notice a significant difference in size/recovery when you take creatine. It legit works. My only problem with it is as soon as you atop taking it, the results dissapear faster than I care for

Makes me swell up, and puts a hurting on my butt hole. I don't like it at all.

On mobile so I can't link but go on examine.com and look up creatine. Good info there

Unlike some other supps I used to take, you notice a significant difference in size/recovery when you take creatine. It legit works. My only problem with it is as soon as you atop taking it, the results dissapear faster than I care for
I'm not sure I agree that the results fully disappear. Sure the extra "size" from water does go away but I haven't noticed all my strength gains going away. It's a pretty small part of the puzzle honestly.

"Abs are made in the kitchen." I hate that phrase cause I've been struggling to drop this layer of fat on my stomach.

I'm of Caribbean decent and one of our main dishes is rice. I've been trying to limit it but its tough cause I don't eat much of anything else.

An example of what I might have in a day:

Breakfast - 3-4 eggs, fruit.
Post workout - Protein shake
Lunch - rice, chicken breast
Dinner - chicken cesar wrap
Snack - Protein shake

Anything I can add/or remove?
Anyone?
VEGGIES MAH MAN VEGGIES.  DA STAPLES LOOK GOOD DOE

Back
Top Bottom