STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Doesn't matter how much you bench. Short term benefits of fat burners (if any), don't outweigh the long term ramifications.

Take the slower more disciplined route. Cardio, HIIT, MetCons, nutrition, etc.

i just mentioned it because that guys response to my original question was as if i was a newbie to this.

i was talking to a guy at my gym on Saturday morning who was squating 8 45 plates.......................on both sides of the bar

getting deep, i gave him props an we just started talking about the gym, weights etc

this dude wasnt athletic looking at all, big ol dude 250+ easy
Whats his name?

Don't focus on the number. Just focus on your form.

this and this

start with low weights and move up. simple as that. you dont want someone telling you oh, 225 is great weight and you jump into it and kill yourself because you never squatted before.

everyone starts at the bottom and moves up

Caught between tweaking my diet to the point where I can get stronger as I burn excess fat as well....

Anybody ever eff with plant only diets?

I really just wanna see how skinny I could get cuz I don't really remember my body type before I began lifting and then when I put on the stress weight from college and now to where I am after losing most of that weight but stuck with a weird frame lol....

regardless I've deff seen huge jumps in strength that I haven't seen in years which is awesome lol.

Anyone still use the cushion when they squat?

I squatted again today, foot was kinda hurting a bit, maybe its mental since the doc said he doenst know what the hell is holding my broken bone together.

Anyways, feel as if the cushion makes it "comfortable" for me at my traps so I can concentrate on my form for squat. If I had to worry about my traps and my foot id have a crappy spot.

Anyone use knee sleeves for squats and deadlifts?

I see a lot of youtubers sport the Rehband Knee sleeves but not sure if theyre actually beneficial

Anyone still use the cushion when they squat?

I squatted again today, foot was kinda hurting a bit, maybe its mental since the doc said he doenst know what the hell is holding my broken bone together.

Anyways, feel as if the cushion makes it "comfortable" for me at my traps so I can concentrate on my form for squat. If I had to worry about my traps and my foot id have a crappy spot.

I low bar squat. I keep the bar on top of that muscle my back makes when I squeeze my shoulder blades together. Maybe this might be the style for you?

Whats his name?

i will have to find out

i dont think he competes, he told me he just made a FB page though

dude is real humble

he was wearin some BS nikes........no lifting shoes, just had a belt on no knee sleeves, some lil ear buds, ive seen him plenty this first time i talked to him didnt know he was that damn strong

Last edited:
My decline bench numbers are so outrageously better than my flat, it makes me sad. 
mean.gif

I know decline is the strongest of the 3 benches, but at the point I can get 315 for 3 reps on decline and can't even break 300 on flat, it makes me a sad panda. 

I could never use the cushion for squats. It felt like the bar was going to roll off. I won't lie though, my traps are sore the day after low bar squats.

My incline bench is almost stronger than my flat bench....idk why but I don't feel thats a good thing

Ah yes, the decline bench. Such a lovely, useful exercise............................
smokin.gif
happy.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
Don't particularly believe in it for it's muscle building properties. BUT, I needed a break from standard flat and incline BB, it was just getting tedious. And it always feels good to put up the big numbers.

I see a lot of youtubers sport the Rehband Knee sleeves but not sure if theyre actually beneficial

I have rehbands(7mm blue version), they are beneficial in keeping the knees warm and offering a slight rebound out of the hole.

Worth it if u squat a lot

Last edited:

Yep Rehbands get a lot of love but a couple of us in here rock the SBDs. They're kinda pricey (around $100) but worth it.

I have rehbands(7mm blue version), they are beneficial in keeping the knees warm and offering a slight rebound out of the hole.

Worth it if u squat a lot
Whats up man, you got another meet planned? You and @ekin23  need to come around here more often.

Just got back from vaca.  Man when you can just eat-rest-work out its a world of difference.  Went to the gym mid day after breakfast fully rested feeling great.

1 reped 365 squat for the first time in a while.  Felt real good too nice and smooth

2reped 405 DL for the first time ever.  I had gotten 405lbs up once in my life and was able to 2 rep it over vaca.  I was at 185lbs for both lifts.

Had leg day yesterday and 1 reped 365 again..but it was shaky 
laugh.gif
.  I am now really looking forward to the winter to relax on diet and push for bigger lifts.  But soccer season starts back in 2 weeks so RIP to 185lbs will be around 178-180 most of the season

Smh, I can gain 5-10 lbs on a bad week, and only lose maybe 1 on a strict, disciplined one. **** is wild.

Naaaa I feel your pain. A lot of people are like this, myself included.

When I was younger I can yo yo back and forth pretty fast. But now it's like I swing fast one way and swing far more slowly going the other way, if that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom