STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Down to 161.4 from 162 even after eating that cheesecake yesterday. Still... no more cheating.
Every last ounce counts in my book 
pimp.gif

AAIGHT RR3K

IM GONNA ADD PHIL HEATH'S BICEP SETS FROM HIS ARM WORKOUT TO MY SHOULDER ROUTINE.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE ENTERING THE JOURNEY OF A TRANSFORMATION FOR THE FIRST TIME:

I WISH YOU THE BEST AROUND THE HOLIDAYS.

THESE ARE THE MOMENTS OF TRUE TEMPTATION.

STAY FOCUSED AND REMAINED DISCIPLINED!

someone should design an exercise plan for people with newborn babies... this lack of sleep stuff is INSANE

an plan focussed on home workouts that you can spread out throughout the day, maybe isolate two body parts a day and hit it hard before it's your "turn" for feeding/changing etc.

:nerd:

as much as I admire the folks deciding on getting healthier after the holidays (the new years reolutioners), I much more admire the ones who'll stick with it in the long run. always cool to see who sticks around, after a few weeks, in the new group.

Friday was my last workout until I can get back into the gym on Wednesday. Was too wrecked for a drawn out oly lifting session so I decided to go ahead and get some (aka my monthly dose of) cardio in instead @ the CrossFit gym I go to. 12 Days of CrossFit  
sick.gif
 . I've always been the one to feel the soreness two days after, and lawd...I can barely function at work today. Good reminder as to why I don't CrossFit much anymore...but why I might need to more often. (wut?)

was actually hoping to do this on Saturday, but UW had their Bowl game and I had friends over.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

Crossfit looks crazy intense though on the real. I'd like to tryit when I get into better shape.
For awhile i was just lifting, until i got dragged to one of the classes on deployment and got worked 
mean.gif
mean.gif
.. The WODs are not suppose to be easy at all..One of the guys told me, "If it doesn't suck, your doing it wrong" For military guys it gets the job done when your FOBbin with no real equipment. Also prepares guys going to BUDs, SF, CCT x PJ schools.

My boy does CrossFit 3x a week.  I'm thinking about trying a class.  I've done a few of their workouts of the day.  It's good stuff.  He keeps pushing me to tag along.  Think he just wants to witness me struggling as payback for the times I've killed him with my routines.
laugh.gif

Gonna bake up some Christmas cookies with the little one tomorrow.  That and some food that isn't 100% grilled/roasted/steamed will be the extent of my "cheating."  I don't get too strict with myself on Christmas, but at the same time, I won't go overboard.  Food will always be there.

Gonna be a big calisthenics week from the looks of it.  Pullup bar is gonna get some good use.  Get a few runs in as well.

I've got nothing wrong with crossfit, but I don't like how some of the guys who do it carry themselves. On some, "Oh you lift? You week brah, I crossfit." Like it's the new hype. Especially hate when the person talking is in ugly *** shape but happy because he does crossfit.
iLLest!
I HATE those types. The Elitists. It used to be worse before CrossFit took off like it has, but unfortunately the rise of the folks who have never done any previous form of exercising (outside of PE in elementary school) who now walk around with puffed up chests.

Also, the ones who constantly shove it in anyone's face that would take 2 seconds to listen, that they crossfit.......please, tone it down.

Thanks
But no thanks.
Looking for members here to share experience shhhhh.
I've been involved with CrossFit for almost 4 years now. It's how I went from 287 to 185 (at my lowest). It's great for any level of athlete really.

There's a Steeler who went undrafted coming out of WV (I think it was) who was picked up by the Steelers a year after he graduated from college. He basically gives CF a lot of credit for it. Knowhon Moreno does it as well. It offers great, quick and intense, workouts with varying movements (From kettlebells, barbells, body weight movements, gymnastic movements) that is usually within a time domain. Think P90X but less corny, with more people (if you go to an actual CrossFit gym) and an almost "personal training" experience. If you take a look at any of the work outs they have (they name them after girls, and have things called Hero Workouts), you'll get an idea (unless you just want examples and not have to look through google). There is a rhyme and reason for the movements in the order they have them, and the lengths of time to complete them, but you could feasibly throw some stuff together and ALMOST get the same results.

Also a good way to learn how to get in shape (with everyone preaching "healthy lifestyle"..paleo, zone, working out all the damn time) if you lack any motivation to do it yourself.

Biggest drawback..$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. around here in Seattle...$200/mo for unlimited classes at some gyms. No typo.

Back
Top Bottom