STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Little over 2 months of working out/eating right... Def got bigger and really happy to see what the future holds for me as I continue this journey. Question for ya... I do legs weekly but can't seem to get my
Calves bigger any suggestions... I just want some definition bit insecure about my calves since I feel they're weak as **** and don't show at all

Maybe do exercises that isolate your soleus and then get ones in that Iso your gastrocnemius. For instance, if you do seated calf raises, that's all soleus, but as soon as you extend the leg to full 180° For a standing calf raise, it's mostly gastroc. Might help gain more definition in parts you're looking for. Just a start.

Last edited:
Man IPF Worlds was ridiculous. John Haack and Brett Gibbs battling for the 83kg crown. Ray Williams with a 966 lb raw squat. And to top it all off CJ Cummings 

Glad to see someone else in here keeping up with PL :pimp:

Dennis Cornelius is the future of American dominance in the IPF along with big Ray.

Ray Willams smashed 966. Dude didn't even struggle. Crazy to watch honestly

Yeah man he comes out of the hole faster than anyone Ive seen. He will squat 1000 in sleeves in less than a year Id bet.

For those who can maintain a diet while working graveyard shift...props man. Going to the gym isn't an issue for me but damn idk why its so hard for me to eat during my shift. My sleep sched all messed up and whatnot :smh:

It's really tough.

I did it for years and was surprisingly in the best shape of my life. What are your hours?

Little over 2 months of working out/eating right... Def got bigger and really happy to see what the future holds for me as I continue this journey. Question for ya... I do legs weekly but can't seem to get my
Calves bigger any suggestions... I just want some definition bit insecure about my calves since I feel they're weak as **** and don't show at all

Standing calf raises are GOAT. Slow and controlled. Especially on the negatives. Squeeze uptop. GAINS PAPI GAINS!

:lol: I dunno about that sequence, but Noah Ohlsen is a beast.

Only mistake he made was calling it "classic" CrossFit, :lol:. Nothing classic about it, just an elite athlete doing elite type things.

Shoulders fine, not even a full press out.
Knees fine, weight on the heels, text book squat.
Spine, about as fine as someone that does heavy squats with the dreaded "you're going to compress your spine with all those weights".

I guess he was thinking "Bear Complex", when calling it classic, but it looks like something these guys do when they are bored.

Finished my 1k pull ups today. Took 29 days, only did them 19 of those days.

Only mistake he made was calling it "classic" CrossFit,
laugh.gif
. Nothing classic about it, just an elite athlete doing elite type things.

Shoulders fine, not even a full press out.
Knees fine, weight on the heels, text book squat.
Spine, about as fine as someone that does heavy squats with the dreaded "you're going to compress your spine with all those weights".

I guess he was thinking "Bear Complex", when calling it classic, but it looks like something these guys do when they are bored.
Where did you see a textbook squat?! 
laugh.gif
 His knees are caving in on each rep.

I won't gripe on the shoulders, but theres a huge difference between a normal squat and how it affects the spine versus letting the weight drop down from overhead and go straight into a squat.

Crossfit always trying to make things difficult just for the sake of being different. I really didn't think you would cosign this. I know we are going to disagree no matter what but why not just to each of those lifts separately? No need to combine them.

Yeah. There was valgus, due to the heavy loading.

There's nothing to cosign. It's not a classic movement, or traditional movement for that matter.

Like I said probably something he did out of boredom. That's not something your average joe is doing, especially at those loads.

Dropping the load on your back rack is similar to doing heavy snatch balance doubles/triples. They're horrible if you don't know what you are doing but once you learn how to receive the load it becomes much easier.

I've been working on strictly weightlifting for a yr now and I still don't F with snatch balances :lol:

It's not something my coach programs either.

We've done some weird things like behind the back SOTS press and sometimes behind the back push presses. Extremely light weight though. :lol:

Snatch balances with a heavy weight percentage are scary to me.

Exactly. Well story time folks. After squats I'm unracking weights to do ohp, same guy from last time say u done? I said we're about to do OHP as politely as I could cause I know dude got issues. He said but it's a squat rack. I said yeah but I'm not finish I'm doing ohp. He presses the issue. Says it's a squat rack at least 10x. So I put my head phones on. Bout to warm up with the bar. He says "f it, it's a squat rack" out loud and throws on two plates on one side of the bar as I approached the bar. Im keeping my cool don't say anything. I go try to take off the plates he on the other side tipping it over to cause imbalance to knock it over me. I said naw. And he does it 3-4 times as I tries to take the weight off. Mind u not he like 5'10" 210. I'm 5' 124. So I throw the plates off. N just stare at him. My boy finally come out the rest room. Hey man I'm trying to squat. It's a squat rack my boy said we're doing presses, a random on the other rack diffuse the situation said ey u can have ours. My boy said u can wait on them, he walks off say y'all know what y'all doing... who in the wrong??

Last edited:
OHP shouldn't be done inside the squat rack, but right outside it...just in case you have to drop it.

When he was pressing the issue he also said I can go somewhere else and clean it, it's a squat rack. Smh I should've told him go squat in the Smith machine. But I kept my mouth shut the whole time.

Last edited:
Dude prob insecure. Would rather pick on someone smaller. Call his bluff and ask him if he wanna tango

Sad thing about it is he roided up, this ain't even the first scenario. Oh yeah sad part is he was quarter repping two plates. Then 3 plates

Back
Top Bottom