STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Did you do the lifts separate in a 3x8 or just dog them altogether? I'll keep doing them since it just takes 15 minutes or less you don't need 90 sec rest. The set up of a few different barbells takes almost as long as the circuit.

Man if I remember correctly all I did were the first 2 parts and then just did my own thing after that. 
Word, I think I'm just rolling this program for 10 weeks for back day.

Oatmeal with protein powder isn't too bad at all, yo. It's a shame I only recently started mixing them.

Also, I've been doing intermittent fasting for about a month and a half/two months. I started at 232lbs and I weighed in at 213.4lbs before my eating window for the day.

I'm liking the progress and I've definitely learned what foods really effect my weight. For instance, I never considered it until now, but white rice seems to only result in weight gain for me. I was eating it on a consistent basis to replace something that my regular grocery stores apparently stopped selling. I was having around two cups/day and my weight and bloating jumped up like crazy. I cut it out of my diet again, and after a week and a half I'm back to making my normal progress.

Btw, does anyone else exclusively train calisthenics? Since I stopped weightlifting and went to calisthenics, my arms have pretty much shrunk. Those one-arm DB rows, deadlifts and curls really did a lot for me. But, with only doing dips and pushup variations, my chest is still around the same size. I do suck at pull-ups, though, which could explain why my arms are now lagging. I can only do 5 reps unassisted on my first set when I'm just starting my workout, which is trash but is an improvement from only being able to do them with the assistance machine.

I'm actually starting Pavel's Russian Fighter Pull-Up program today, too: https://www.t-nation.com/training/tip-do-the-russian-fighter-pull-up-program

Last edited:
Loool. I should have expected that. I switched because I've always wanted to get better at BW movements. That, and I've had much less joint pain since cutting out the big 3 lifts. Admittedly, though, my form wasn't always very good and I always went heavy. I have been considering adding some lifts again, but I'm stubborn and don't want to "quit."

Last edited:
Those Olympic Track Stars 100m,200m, 400m, relay... Some of the 1600m runners

Good Lawrd dey fine. 
embarassed.gif

Last edited:
Loool. I should have expected that. I switched because I've always wanted to get better at BW movements. That, and I've had much less joint pain since cutting out the big 3 lifts. Admittedly, though, my form wasn't always very good and I always went heavy. I have been considering adding some lifts again, but I'm stubborn and don't want to "quit."

I haven't cut any of the big lifts out but i have been cutting weight. I am about 172lbs right now and my joints feel way better. I don't know if its like i should be this weight all the time? Or like my frame is made for this much weight so its more efficient. But my strength numbers really haven't gone down and ive dropped about 10lbs from when i was on my 405 squat quest.

But i used to wake up every day with hip and groin pain and at a lighter weight i don't. My shoulders and hips fell great. Thinking I might not bulk this winter as planned

The only time ieat those bars are post workout. I wouldnt just snack on em. Maybe as a breakfast bar. But that is a lot of sugar for a bar.

aren't cliff bars soy based protein too? questionable vs whey based bars (estrogen)

i will do research on it later thats the bro science i get told

I feel like 90% of the time when a bro goes to the squat rack with a fine girl to "train" her, the bro always quarter squats :smh:
Maybe it's not just with fine girls but that's just when I notice lol.

Was DLing earlier and a dude and his girl go to the next rack, he quarter squats 135 with his girl watching, then has her throw on a 45 plate, girl was struggling to get it above her head lol. Douche. I hate posting bout watching others in the gym but just wanted to rant

Im convinced a lot of people are working out to impress others. Idgaf how much u lift, im not competing with u. Im competing with myself.

I feel like 90% of the time when a bro goes to the squat rack with a fine girl to "train" her, the bro always quarter squats
mean.gif

Maybe it's not just with fine girls but that's just when I notice lol.

Was DLing earlier and a dude and his girl go to the next rack, he quarter squats 135 with his girl watching, then has her throw on a 45 plate, girl was struggling to get it above her head lol. Douche. I hate posting bout watching others in the gym but just wanted to rant
What's a quarter squat? Is the "quarter" referring to depth?

Edit: Never mind. Don't know why I even asked. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Word. Lifting becomes fun and rewarding when ur working to beat your own best

The only time id "compete" against someone else is if i have a workout partner whos lifting similar or more weight than me. Even then it would be more of a friendly competition/motivation.

Quarter squatting and bad form are rampant throughout gyms and the fitness industry.

The explore page of my IG account always has these roided out "sex symbol" fitness girls flexing there biceps then quarter squatting or cat back deadlifting.

It's actually pretty wild to see the amount of girls messing around with roids and/or pro hormones due to the fitness boom and crossfit.

Back
Top Bottom