STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I keep all mine right here

I do the same but I honestly feel like I don't reach a good momentum if I don't track my lifts. I do it when I bulk l. But I a cut I'd rather not record my dwindling strength mathematically lmao

People still bringing pens and notebooks? I couldn't. Way too much hassle.

It wasn't that much of a hassle. The notebook was small enough that it fit in my pockets lol. When I was following a program it was easy cause I could just enter everything in a premade excel spreadsheet.

I do the same but I honestly feel like I don't reach a good momentum if I don't track my lifts. I do it when I bulk l. But I a cut I'd rather not record my dwindling strength mathematically lmao

In your past cutting experience, if you maintained strength for the most part did you find that meant you weren't in a large enough deficit? I'm still maintaining strength, achieving soundviews, and losing weight and I'm wondering if my deficit isn't as large as I thought.

It wasn't that much of a hassle. The notebook was small enough that it fit in my pockets lol. When I was following a program it was easy cause I could just enter everything in a premade excel spreadsheet.
Well I'm glad you went digital. I'm not sure how deep FitNotes gets, but I use Strong and it charts my progressions in weight, volume, 1RM, etc. for a given exercise, predicted 1RM based on what I did, and while I'm entering my #s i shoes me what I did last time during each set. Definitely a useful tool.
In your past cutting experience, if you maintained strength for the most part did you find that meant you weren't in a large enough deficit? I'm still maintaining strength, achieving soundviews, and losing weight and I'm wondering if my deficit isn't as large as I thought.
That sounds like the perfect cut. Why wouldn't your deficit be large enough?

Right now I'm teetering with my cut. I'm in a deficit but some days I'll hit maintenance because I've seen good results come from maintaining, but managing macros and playing with my workout frequency/volume.

I actually got leaner over the last 2 months while in a surplus. I'm still scratching my head, but all this is why I'm reserved about eating under maintenance during a cut. I think eating at maintenance, tweaking your macros, and training right will get you leaner without sacrificing strength.

I lose so much strength last year eating at a deficit. My programming has gotten leaps and bounds better, I've learned so much in the last year, but still.

Last edited:

I'm actually experiencing the same thing. It's probably not as large of a deficit as you think, which is a good thing imo. I've lost about 30 lbs and I'm still at the same strength level I was when I was heavier. It was a pretty slow cut as well, I think I averaged .5-1 lb a week. As long as your recovery, nutrition, and training volume is on point you'll retain most of your strength.

Think i need to get an xray on my arm, been hurting like a mfer past couple days. Couldnt even finish biceps today. :smh:

Thanks. I think i know what it is cuz of the spot it hurts. Or at least the cause of why it hurts

Last edited:
Down to 194.5. Sick again since Saturday night. 
mean.gif
 This year has been terrible for me. So rested till today

Today weighed in at 194. Hit some light chest and tri work. Vision got cloudy pressing 75lb DBs 
laugh.gif
. Finished with some cardio and steam room to sweat some more. Now I'm finna drink this fresh ginger and OJ juice and get better.

Took a pic last friday at work and I was debating about posting just cuz its s***** but I'm leaning out pretty good and my shoulders caught some gainz

Compression gear ftw today... Cold offixe
Slowing getting up in the squat game
Did spin class with my mom.... I survived

Back
Top Bottom