STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Today - 4/3/2/2

Almost DOUBLE the volume. I was so pumped, I got up from the bench with a big cheesey smile on face. Struggle bench NO MO.

3 weeks ago, when I started this cycle, my first crack at 4x225, I put up 2/1/1. From 4 reps to 11 reps in 3 weeks, I can't explain the satisfaction, but I'm sure many of you know the feeling of finally turning the corner on a lift that has frustrated you for a long time.

Last edited:
congrats.....
pimp.gif

What's up, guys. I see ya'll progressing still.

Put up two new soundviews this week. A 335 regular bench and just paused benched 325 today on close grip.

PT is "ok". I tried to act crippled to get a MRI. Didn't work lol.

Doctor: How much is the pain 1-10?
Me: 10!
Doctor: So it's a 10 all the time?
Me: Fine....9

It's just annoying when they have you doing something you can do at your gym. On your own. If I could afford a sports rehab Id do it.

Deadlift is about 455 now. I feel like my knee is holding me back. Everything feels heavy after 365.

I know the topic has been discussed at length over and over but that's not going to stop me from asking.....what pre-workout is everyone using. I've been using ENGN for the longest time on and off. Think I was using Pre-Jym before that. Currently out of pre-workout and need of some assistance in deciding.

I know the topic has been discussed at length over and over but that's not going to stop me from asking.....what pre-workout is everyone using. I've been using ENGN for the longest time on and off. Think I was using Pre-Jym before that. Currently out of pre-workout and need of some assistance in deciding.

Make your own. All you need is some creatine and beta alenine. Take a caffeine pill too

Fell off the wagon pretty hard after my wedding in January. Likely excuses; work, traveling, addiction, laziness.

I have the bad mindset of falling off for a meal can lead to a full day of bad meals or falling off for a day can lead to a full week of eating bad. Not sure if anybody else knows what I mean but I'm really trying to break out of that. Really focusing to stay on track this time around and overcome the mental more than anything else so I can keep at it.

Been back at it since Monday. Eating right, exercised every day. What a difference it makes, physically and mentally. Anyways, that's it. Trying to get better one day at a time. Going for a 4-mile run now.

Fell off the wagon pretty hard after my wedding in January. Likely excuses; work, traveling, addiction, laziness.

I have the bad mindset of falling off for a meal can lead to a full day of bad meals or falling off for a day can lead to a full week of eating bad. Not sure if anybody else knows what I mean but I'm really trying to break out of that. Really focusing to stay on track this time around and overcome the mental more than anything else so I can keep at it.

Been back at it since Monday. Eating right, exercised every day. What a difference it makes, physically and mentally. Anyways, that's it. Trying to get better one day at a time. Going for a 4-mile run now.
Consistency is king. Just take it one day at a time. Get your daily workout in, make the best choices you can at every meal, and eventually one good day turns into good week, then month, and so on. Then even if you fall off for a day, your good momentum you've built up will roll over to the next day and you'll pick back up where you left off.

PEScience High Volume mixed with a white monster... Craziest pump but it can get pricey since you're using a can of monster.

Try Pre kaged (taste is horrible though but the best flavor is krisp apple.. still taste bad doe) and C4 Ultimate (dont try other c4 pre workouts... they garbage) but the ultimate one is really good. Filled with beta alanine so you'll get crazy tingles if you like that.

Last edited:
High volume barely did anything for me. That's 3 strikes for PE.

Pre kaged is good along with man sports pump. Pump is unreal. Also better value vs high volume

Bros,

Which method of cardio is the best for fat loss?

Between wrestling and weight lifting..i wanted to add some cario to burn off the belly.

Is it better to run at a steady pace at my 70% max HR or HIIT with a steady 50-55% max HR spiking up to the 85-90% range?

Bros,

Between wrestling and weight lifting..i wanted to add some cario to burn off the belly.

Is it better to run at a steady pace at my 70% max HR or HIIT with a steady 50-55% max HR spiking up to the 85-90% range?
There is no best method, but I found this to work for me.

HIIT on bike

10 seconds balls to the wall effort with high resistance

20 seconds low effort

do 8 rounds of this after your workouts.

Bros,

Warm up with high knees and lunges

Sprint half the track // catch your breath, return to the starting line x 8

Give you that anaerobic burn too 

[thread="500128"]FAM, ITS LIT![/thread]
[thread="500128"] [/thread]
[thread="500128"]Heavy Day on the bench. The goal was 4x225. Mind you, I am periodizing. This is my second microcycle and I'm running a 8x185/6x205/4x225 (3-4 sets) for light/moderate/heavy days, respectively. My microcycles are two weeks long, but I ran this one back because I wasn't filling out all 3 sets. So basically, this is my third week running this routine and my third attempt at 4x225x3.[/thread]
[thread="500128"] [/thread]
[thread="500128"]Last week, my sets looked like this - 2/2/1/1[/thread]

Today - 4/3/2/2

Almost DOUBLE the volume. I was so pumped, I got up from the bench with a big cheesey smile on face. Struggle bench NO MO.

3 weeks ago, when I started this cycle, my first crack at 4x225, I put up 2/1/1. From 4 reps to 11 reps in 3 weeks, I can't explain the satisfaction, but I'm sure many of you know the feeling of finally turning the corner on a lift that has frustrated you for a long time.
350x700px-LL-577ef51a_mikeheadnod.gif

Back
Top Bottom