STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

4 days a week. Day 1 bench, day 2 squat, day 3 bench, day 4 DL.

Gym has def been on the back burner the past month. Been obsessed with bowling recently. If its between the two, I wanna bowl.

BUT, officially signed up for my first PL meet in August so now I am back on my ish.

Early morning Bench day today.

Finally got something to start hanging these medals up.

7B36E735-FEDA-4E02-AB1F-887B6C1F8850.jpeg

whats your best time so far?

True, but it all depends on what square footage he's trying to cover.

Instead of coming up with all these negatives, help the man out with some solutions...lmao
Bro there’s no negatives I’m just giving the facts of the matter. Mirrors are expensive. A large 4x5 mirror is about 50 bucks. You’re better off grabbing less larger mirrors than lots of little ones

What training split is everyone on right now?

ppl?

I'm still manipulating 5/3/1 templates for linear gains. Mind you, these are not officially endorsed templates. Tried a new one from 5/3/1 Forever for one week and hated it. There was no real volume, there was no intensity, and next to no accessory work, it was just being beaten over the head with supplemental volume (13 sets of 5 on the squat/bench/dead/press day).

As Lord m boiz m boiz has stated before ITT, PPL is legit. Most nattys won't do much better, assuming diet and exercise selection are on point, unless they need to lift for a specific sport. I personally find Pull days to be pretty boring and leg days are kinda meh; the Arnold Split (Chest/Back; Delts/Arms; Legs; rest or repeat) was always more enjoyable.

Any advice on how to make PPL less monotonous, Lord m boiz m boiz ?

I think I’m gonna run mad cow 5x5 since I’m gonna be doing hella barbell work.

I’ll do a week of hypertrophy bro split to give my body a break and get after it.

I'm still manipulating 5/3/1 templates for linear gains. Mind you, these are not officially endorsed templates. Tried a new one from 5/3/1 Forever for one week and hated it. There was no real volume, there was no intensity, and next to no accessory work, it was just being beaten over the head with supplemental volume (13 sets of 5 on the squat/bench/dead/press day).

As Lord m boiz m boiz has stated before ITT, PPL is legit. Most nattys won't do much better, assuming diet and exercise selection are on point, unless they need to lift for a specific sport. I personally find Pull days to be pretty boring and leg days are kinda meh; the Arnold Split (Chest/Back; Delts/Arms; Legs; rest or repeat) was always more enjoyable.

Any advice on how to make PPL less monotonous, Lord m boiz m boiz ?

This lifestyle is the epitome of monotonous unfortunately :lol:

The plus side of that is exercise variation, the easiest way is to just switch up exercises, other ways are: switch up angles, use different cable attachments, use a bench to lean on or support, super sets, drop sets, rep ranges, intensity, volume etc are all ways to change it up. Also switch the days up do push pull legs then pull legs push etc, have one day be strength, the next hypertrophy, throw in an arm day for ****s and giggles. I find that having a quantifiable goal is one way to keep motivation up, wether its numbers on a bar, scale or body fat percentage, if you have a specific goal to attain then it will make training more desirable if you're getting bored.

This lifestyle is the epitome of monotonous unfortunately :lol:

The plus side of that is exercise variation, the easiest way is to just switch up exercises, other ways are: switch up angles, use different cable attachments, use a bench to lean on or support, super sets, drop sets, rep ranges, intensity, volume etc are all ways to change it up. Also switch the days up do push pull legs then pull legs push etc, have one day be strength, the next hypertrophy, throw in an arm day for ****s and giggles. I find that having a quantifiable goal is one way to keep motivation up, wether its numbers on a bar, scale or body fat percentage, if you have a specific goal to attain then it will make training more desirable if you're getting bored.

aqDwC.png

Will come up with a Push 1/2/(maybe 3), etc. and vary exercise selection and rep ranges (strength/hyper). Will also add in arm days on weeks I'm feeling froggy.

For you ppl dudes, what’s your rest schedule like?

I’m asking because I can comfortably do ppl 6 days a week and I'm starting to wonder if my intensity is too low or I’m not giving myself enough time to recover.

I’m thinking about doing ppl 3-4 days of ppl and then two cardio days where I box, jump rope, battle rope etc.

I been enjoying squatting/benching the same day.

but the downside is that im so exhausted after squats my bench takes a hit. still fun though.

I just could never get down like that, I never wanted to mix upper and lower body parts and go straight powerlifter style. Do you train your bench fresh a different day?

I just could never get down like that, I never wanted to mix upper and lower body parts and go straight powerlifter style. Do you train your bench fresh a different day?

nope. still made bench gains though so im not complaining.

it was brutal at first but your body gets used to it.

Man I been having pain on the sole of my left foot. It comes and goes...is this plantar fasciitis? Haven't been to a doc yet

Wanna do a lean bulk but I’m still scared of getting fat :lol:. I don’t think I have enough muscle mass to continue cutting though :rolleyes.

Back
Top Bottom