STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

You guys eat salad? :x :x :x
:rofl: My after-work snack every day is romaine/baby spinach with garbanzo beans, beets, carrots, feta/blue cheese and honey mustard/blue cheese yogurt-based dressing. So damn good and the perfect amount of filling before hitting the gym.

is it weird that my bench hasnt gone up in the past year?? but my dumbell press (flat and incline), and flys have made gains

i know you work alot of other muscles during bench press so ive tried to isolate certain groups like front delts and serratus muscles, which is why i think my other chest execises are going up, but not my bench. any ideas????

If you aren't seeing strength gains and want to, you need to reevaluate your program.

A variety of things can hinder gaining strength. What does your current program/split look like?

If you aren't seeing strength gains and want to, you need to reevaluate your program.

A variety of things can hinder gaining strength. What does your current program/split look like?
im making gains, just not in my bench press. last january, my max bench was 245. its the same now. last year my incline dumbbell was 85, now its 105. so my chest is getting stronger but my max bench hasnt

i split my chest up into two different days, with 5 days rest (other body parts in between). so say on a monday ill do upper chest middle chest: incline bench, dumb bell press, flys, cables etc (not in that order). then saturday ill do lower and wide chest: wide grip flat bench, decline, dumb bell press with stabilty ball etc. i try to get at least 2 "heavy" days in a month and 1 light weight/high reps day. every other rep set in 4 sets of 20, 12, 6, 3

You don't like salad? Por que?

:lol: @ the responses

I'm just not a fan of the taste plus don't really like how little it provides nutritionally. My diet is similar to Jewbacca's. Protein all day, a little bit of rice or bread, fruits, etc.

yeah, no.

a corpulent fella with a sedentary lifestyle will consume lets say oh i dont know....5000 calories in a day

he may add a workout into his routine, but that burns what 400-500 calls? he's still in that 4500 surplus range.

Diet will always matter the most, i feel, when it comes to weight loss.

*Portions* will matter.

You can eat a big mac/etc.. a day and still lose weight. All comes down to # of cals not the kind of food itself

You kidding me bro? :stoneface:

No one listen to this man.

You might 'lose weight' if you eat one big mac and nothing but that in a day.
But that is the most unhealthiest advice you could ever give to somebody.

Doesnt matter what you eat its all about calories?

Yeah...um, NO. What you eat does matter.

Can't believe i just read that... :smh:

Last edited:
:lol: @ the responses

I'm just not a fan of the taste plus don't really like how little it provides nutritionally. My diet is similar to Jewbacca's. Protein all day, a little bit of rice or bread, fruits, etc.
You can't be serious. Saying you're not a fan of the taste of salad is like saying you're not a fan of the taste of meat. You can't just lump all salads together when there are an infinite number of combinations.

Then to say that salad provides little nutrition? :rolleyes

You can't be serious. Saying you're not a fan of the taste of salad is like saying you're not a fan of the taste of meat. You can't just lump all salads together when there are an infinite number of combinations.

Then to say that salad provides little nutrition? :rolleyes

What nutrition does that salad posted above provide?

Either way, the comment was said in jest. No need to get your jimmies rustled. I'd rather just stick to lean protein, fruits, some veggies and grains. I know not everyone is the same lol

You guys eat salad? :x :x :x
If you are thinking of salad being just boring lettuce, that might be why you are so turned off.

Man you can do so many things with salad.

You can add meat (lean), raisins/craisins. Use different types of green. Any type of raw veggies.

And when you start making your own salad dressing, man you will have fun.

You are just uneducated on the subject. I can't blame you.

im making gains, just not in my bench press. last january, my max bench was 245. its the same now. last year my incline dumbbell was 85, now its 105. so my chest is getting stronger but my max bench hasnt

i split my chest up into two different days, with 5 days rest (other body parts in between). so say on a monday ill do upper chest middle chest: incline bench, dumb bell press, flys, cables etc (not in that order). then saturday ill do lower and wide chest: wide grip flat bench, decline, dumb bell press with stabilty ball etc. i try to get at least 2 "heavy" days in a month and 1 light weight/high reps day. every other rep set in 4 sets of 20, 12, 6, 3

What are your goals?

Dividing your chest into upper, middle, lower, and wide is just uncessary terminogly in my opinion lol. Nothing necessarily wrong the exercises you're doing.

However, i personally don't like the 20, 12, 6, 3 rep ranges. If those are working sets are 20 and 12, you'll have nothing left at 6 and 3 where strength gains are made, so that could explain why your bench hasn't gone up.

This might seem like a dumb question, but is there such a thing as working up the upper/lower chest? I've heard both sides of the argument, most notably the one that any chest exercise will stimulate the entire muscle and it'll grow according to genetics. I'm interested because I really need some more mass on my upper part of my chest but I don't want to go about thinking it can just grow like that.

On a side note, caesar salads are a gift to this earth 
pimp.gif

You can't isolate the "upper" or "lower" chest. Different exercises/angles emphasize different areas.

On a side note, caesar salads are a gift to this earth 
pimp.gif

Tell me about it, inhaled a turkey cobb salad for lunch. I LOVE salads!

Dinner in about an hour... eggs, steak, maybe ham steak too after watching CampbellFitness during my cardio this morning :lol:

Speaking of which... My deads and BB rows are so ******, as I went to pull 135 I felt a twitch in my lower back. Re-racked the damn thing and went to T-bars instead :smh: :smh: :smh:

My form is trash.

Last edited:

Also, for those of you still in school, how do you eat healthy off your less than ideal budget? The one cafeteria I frequent has unlimited chicken breasts, egg whites, romaine salads, pasta, etc., but its hours are terrible. Otherwise at other spots on campus I'm dropping lots of money for a tiny bit of healthy food... and don't even get me started at night past around 11 when only fast food is open. I have a lot of whey in my room but that's it.

Buy in bulk and cook that's what I do, and I'm on a tight budget. I go to costco and cop chicken, rice, and some veggies, usually frozen broccoli and avocado.

Then I refill things like greek yogurt, and fresh fruits and veggies weekly at a local supermarket.

I really I need to go on a complete no carb diet to get rid of this little bit of fat. My lower chest is so hard to get like the rest of my chest.

Its so hard to not eat carbs.

HOW DO YA DO IT?? NO FRUITS? YOGURT? JUICE? BRUH

I really I need to go on a complete no carb diet to get rid of this little bit of fat. My lower chest is so hard to get like the rest of my chest.

LOL. i'm carbin like no tomorrow.

oj. oatmeal. rice. peanut butter samiches. banana. chobani. tortillas.

like everything i eat has carbs in it. i'm not as scared of em as i used to be. we need carbs in my personal opinion.

iLLest!

Oh nah I def agree haha but I have lost fat after bulks by cutting out carbs for about a week or 2. My body is very carb sensitive tbh.

I'll have to just man up for at the most 2 weeks and stay away from carbs.

Try setting aside a day to do food prep....I do all of my food prep on sundays.  I get my yams or rice going while I'm grilling my meats and veggies for the week.
I'm with you on that, but I have to have a daily protein shake and bar. I'm already cooking 4 times as it is lol

Its always best to have carbs post workout when your glycogen stores are depleted, I don't have carbs beyond that.
Rest days I'm at about about 10g or less usually. I tried full Keto but my performance suffered without PWO Carbs

Every day it is
2 chicken breasts
4 oz bison
8 oz egg whites
Protein shake
Protein bar

What other sources of lean protein could I use to replace the shake and bar? It's hard enough money and time'wise cooking 4 times a day lol

Bison is nice. Make sure it's grass-fed if you want the best quality, otherwise I see no reason in getting it due to the cost. Consider adding in different meats like seafood, other poultry, etc. Cook in bulk and heat the food up. Protein bars are usually candy bars with marginal protein sources used. Shakes should be reserved for post workout.

You may want to invest in a slow cooker and have one type of meat per day, cooking 1-2 lbs overnight is very easy. Saves the hassle of cooking 4 times/day and tastes good.

Back
Top Bottom