STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

My parents own a restaurant... We've done blind tasting with organic vs non and no one could tell a difference with quality product.

Quick question , to work out my lower abs would laying flat while raising my legs straight up help in that area?

Explain your Lean Bulk Ochco
I'm eating about 200-300 above maintenance for my activity level.  But I'm on the "I can eat everything I want, because I need calories" tip.

I still eat healthy (see. my previous posts/pics on the meals), and keep my macros in check as much as possible.

I don't want to add mass too fast, because that can lead to fat gain.

Last edited:
Think I have a strained left pectoral muscle/rotator cuff and I can feel the nerves in my forearm being affected when trying to complete workouts. Been lingering for about a week.

I was able to bulk up to almost 237 and started cutting up. Dropped down to about 217 in the last two months as I didn't feel like being an entire new work/business casual wardrobe.

All of these little nagging injuries for the last year (worn cartileage in the knees, muscle strains, and ankles) have been killing my running and attempts at running a Half-Marathon. I can gut these 5K/10Ks out.

I need to start doing Yoga or something that loosens the body up and keeps the muscles/ligaments limber.

I don't understand the guys in here saying to estimate macros/micros or people who are working out seriously and not counting.

Diet plays such a huge role in results, you're robbing yourself of maximum gains by not doing so.

Take the time to plan out several different days with variations in meals to hit your numbers, unless you don't mind eating the same thing everyday. Seriously, after you do this, you never have to do it again until you change your diet.
As long as you grasp portion sizes and have a good idea of what each serving contains, I see no reason to count every calorie.  Everyone has to do what works for them, though.  At the end of the day, I have no plans to be a IFBB pro.  Just want to lead a healthy lifestyle, look and feel good inside and out, be there for my family as long as possible, and remain as athletic as possible.

As long as I keep my white carbs to a min, keep gluten and sugar low, don't do processed foods (other than the occasional Quest Bar - Good looks Stuntman Mike!), and drink plenty of water, I feel like I'm good to go.  My nutrition isn't a chore to me.  I eat clean most of the time and when it gets boring, I find ways to spice it up without falling off the wagon.  Plus I don't beat myself up if I have a treat once or twice a week.

Train hard, eat right, rest, but most importantly...LIVE!
You don't like salad? Por que?
laugh.gif
@ the responses

I'm just not a fan of the taste plus don't really like how little it provides nutritionally. My diet is similar to Jewbacca's. Protein all day, a little bit of rice or bread, fruits, etc.
What do you consider salad, though?

I'm sure you wouldn't say that spinach, broccoli, carrots, kale, tomatoes, bell peppers, etc. provide little nutritionally, would you?  Those can all be used in a salad.  Doesn't have to just be lettuce.
i wouldnt call chicken breasts a cheap healthy food, well at least the ones i get. the Grass fed, all natural ones i get are almost $10 for a pack four breasts 

do you guys care about where and how you chicken was made? ive bought chicken in bulk like at sams club, but i try not to buy meats frozen 
I do. I go strictly organic. After reading articles about the USDA letting the industry self-inspect their chicken in a cost-cutting measure, I'm VERY cautious about where I get meat products from.

I wasn't always like this. Once my girl got pregnant, we made the switch to a mostly organic diet to help her through those 9 months. My daughter is now one, and all she eats is organic foods. It's a little more costly, but it gives me somewhat of a peace of mind.

What I can control (food-wise), I will...you can't be vigilant 24/7, but you can do your best to do what you feel is right for your body.
smokin.gif

QFT.  USDA is a joke.
Quick question , to work out my lower abs would laying flat while raising my legs straight up help in that area?
Hanging leg raises are good as far as building strength in that area is concerned, but if you're looking to build your abdominal region, start with your diet.  "Abs are made in the kitchen."  That and up your cardio.

Last edited:
I'm eating about 200-300 above maintenance for my activity level.  But I'm on the "I can eat everything I want, because I need calories" tip.

I still eat healthy (see. my previous posts/pics on the meals), and keep my macros in check as much as possible.

Yeah, that's why you're not seeing the gains you expect. A lean bulk is going to be slow especially if you're afraid to gain fat. Just keep at it, it sounds like you're going ham and getting stronger. The gains'll come - no need to rush it.

My parents own a restaurant... We've done blind tasting with organic vs non and no one could tell a difference with quality product.
What foods are we talking about? There are plenty of foods that you don't need to buy organic (pineapple, banana, avocado, etc.). I was just talking about meat.

Shoulder day. Gonna really pound the hell out of them and the traps. I'm really gonna cook them.

You kidding me bro? :stoneface:

No one listen to this man.

You might 'lose weight' if you eat one big mac and nothing but that in a day.
But that is the most unhealthiest advice you could ever give to somebody.

Doesnt matter what you eat its all about calories?

Yeah...um, NO. What you eat does matter.

Can't believe i just read that... :smh:

:lol:

Not just ONE big mac and that's it, I'm saying you can eat a big mac everyday and whatever else you want to hit your "macros", and as long as you eat 500 cals less than you expended and continued for 7 days, you will lose 1 lb or gain lb if you eat 500 more than you expended. Its simple math.

Technically to get from A to B, the food really doesn't matter. Its like 1 lb of feathers vs 1 lb of lead, both are 1 lb. A calorie is a calorie, that's the basis for weight loss and gain.

So what you eat really doesn't matter, what matters, is how much of it you actually eat.

Last edited:

Not just ONE big mac and that's it, I'm saying you can eat a big mac everyday and whatever else you want to hit your "macros", and as long as you eat 500 cals less than you expended and continued for 7 days, you will lose 1 lb or gain lb if you eat 500 more than you expended. Its simple math.

Technically to get from A to B, the food really doesn't matter. Its like 1 lb of feathers vs 1 lb of lead, both are 1 lb. A calorie is a calorie, that's the basis for weight loss and gain.

So what you eat really doesn't matter, what matters, is how much of it you actually eat.

U gonna tell me if u eat fruits and veggies that total 500 cal vs. a big mac and consume 500 cal you're going to have the same results?

Get real dude

What you eat does matter. Different foods have different levels of nutrients. A big mac has way more saturated fats, cholesterol, etc that clog up your arteries in the long run not to mention all the possible carcinogens. For example, a spoonful of peanut butter and spoonful of mayonnaise might have the same amount of calories, but peanut butter has more vitamins and protein than mayonnaise which is just fat.

What you eat does matter. Different foods have different levels of nutrients. A big mac has way more saturated fats, cholesterol, etc that clog up your arteries in the long run not to mention all the possible carcinogens. For example, a spoonful of peanut butter and spoonful of mayonnaise might have the same amount of calories, but peanut butter has more vitamins and protein than mayonnaise which is just fat.

Nutrients are n/a to the caloric equation

U gonna tell me if u eat fruits and veggies that total 500 cal vs. a big mac and consume 500 cal you're going to have the same results?

Get real dude

WEIGHT wise yes you will. Why wouldn't you?

Last edited:

Get real dude

There are differences between complex and simple carbs, and there are good and bad fats, in terms of how your body breaks them down.

For the most part, a calorie is a calorie though. Fruits and veggies are so good for you because they are so calorie-dense.

500 calories of fruits and veggies is a whole lot more food than 500 calories of X fast food.

Obviously someone eating fruits and veggies will be healthier than someone eating fast food, but if you're eating at mateince you're not gonna gain weight. The body composition of someone eating Fs and Vs will be different than someone eating fast food.

Someone school me here if I'm off...

There are differences between complex and simple carbs, and there are good and bad fats, in terms of how your body breaks them down.

For the most part, a calorie is a calorie though. Fruits and veggies are so good for you because they are so calorie-dense.

500 calories of fruits and veggies is a whole lot more food than 500 calories of X fast food.

Obviously someone eating fruits and veggies will be healthier than someone eating fast food, but if you're eating at mateince you're not gonna gain weight. The body composition of someone eating Fs and Vs will be different than someone eating fast food.

Someone school me here if I'm off...

Thank you for understanding what I was talking about :smokin

Last edited:
Thinking about copping RPN Havoc and going on a month cycle, if I do I'll also be taking a PCT of course. My boy has been on this for 20 days now and his results have been incredible.

Yeah, that's why you're not seeing the gains you expect. A lean bulk is going to be slow especially if you're afraid to gain fat. Just keep at it, it sounds like you're going ham and getting stronger. The gains'll come - no need to rush it.
Thanks man, I appreciate it

Get real dude

Word. I hate when people use that stupid *** logic.

Back
Top Bottom