STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Celebrating the born day right. Now I need a beer.

DFFBCC30-A225-4D29-93BF-34683EFA6729.jpeg

Sticking to Romanian Deadlifts for my main lower body work. Really test your grip strength when you can't rest the bar on the floor like you would a regular deadlift.

Started doing some box jumps. God I'm horrible lol. Definitely starting from square one with this.

Saw a PT today about my shoulder issue.

Recap:

-He said the pain I'm feeling isn't my shoulder, but my upper pec

-the cause of pain is due to some muscles in my scapula and ribs being weak and not carrying the load when doing pressing movements so my pecs were picking up the slack, hence why my pecs were hurting so much

-did dry needling and the after effects hurt like **** on my pecs

-showed me 2 excersies to strengthen those weak muscles and told me to do them everyday 2x10 and to see him again next week.

Saw a PT today about my shoulder issue.

Recap:

-He said the pain I'm feeling isn't my shoulder, but my upper pec

-the cause of pain is due to some muscles in my scapula and ribs being weak and not carrying the load when doing pressing movements so my pecs were picking up the slack, hence why my pecs were hurting so much

-did dry needling and the after effects hurt like **** on my pecs

-showed me 2 excersies to strengthen those weak muscles and told me to do them everyday 2x10 and to see him again next week.

serratus anterior? and probably low traps?

at least you have a starting point to get working on those muscles. you should notice a difference pretty quick

looking for a summer activity for my son. been looking around and might consider enrolling him in boxing. I might join as well but not yet so sure about it. anyone here have been doing it? any opinion would be appreciated.

looking for a summer activity for my son. been looking around and might consider enrolling him in boxing. I might join as well but not yet so sure about it. anyone here have been doing it? any opinion would be appreciated.

Rock Climbing
Swimming
Trampoline Parks

You can get memberships for each.

Boxings great. Wish i got into it at a young, wouldve saved me from a lot of situations.

Great exercise but also discipline. Theres a lot of places that are overpriced imo, and they offer more of a "boxercise" than actually teaching the fundamentals/technique. Look up clubs/gyms close to you and give em a call. Ask em what they offer and ask if you can come down and check out the facilities/meet the trainer. Not saying you gotta be training with Roger Mayweather, but you want whoever the trainer(s) are to at least be experienced and knowledgeable and can teach and correct you and not just Joe Shmoe.

Don’t go into it thinking you’re learning to kick someone’s *** and you’re good. Rules # 1-10 in boxing, cardio, cardio, cardio , cardio ……….. THEN you go from there. Not saying you’re gonna run all day. I mean you’ll be gasses 5 mins in if you’re not ready off of basic drills. GREAT exercise

Don’t go into it thinking you’re learning to kick someone’s *** and you’re good. Rules # 1-10 in boxing, cardio, cardio, cardio , cardio ……….. THEN you go from there. Not saying you’re gonna run all day. I mean you’ll be gasses 5 mins in if you’re not ready off of basic drills. GREAT exercise
Word, forgot to mention leave any ego at the door on your way in.

Word, forgot to mention leave any ego at the door on your way in.
don't worry. I'm not there to boost some ego. just looking for something new and different. primary reason is to get my son into shape. he's into martial arts right now and have some unneeded fats and weight to get rid of. so I was thinking that boxing might do that trick to get him leaner. secondary reason is since I might enroll him in one, might as well join him and get myself shed some weight faster as well.

don't worry. I'm not there to boost some ego. just looking for something new and different. primary reason is to get my son into shape. he's into martial arts right now and have some unneeded fats and weight to get rid of. so I was thinking that boxing might do that trick to get him leaner. secondary reason is since I might enroll him in one, might as well join him and get myself shed some weight faster as well.
Wasnt a shot at you personally

Sort of a noob question (even tho i've been lifting for almost 2 decades.)
I'm finally vascular in my bi's and tri's (sounds weird but a goal i've always wanted. could always see my forearm veins but never bis and tris)
I don't see them as prevalent in the morning as I do at night before bed. Why is that? Is it a water thing.? Because I usually cut water around 7-8 p.m. so I'm still drinking it up until that point.

Wanted to do muay thai as a younger, but fear prevented me to do so :lol:
It is both spectacular to watch and I like how it draws bodies, all about harmony unlike traditional boxe
Just my opinion but muay thai and swimming draw bodies in a nice way.
Sure the training for boxing would be a nice thing for both of you, only fear according to me is about real fights then.
And jumping rope, but that's just me, I am not enough coordinated

Sort of a noob question (even tho i've been lifting for almost 2 decades.)
I'm finally vascular in my bi's and tri's (sounds weird but a goal i've always wanted. could always see my forearm veins but never bis and tris)
I don't see them as prevalent in the morning as I do at night before bed. Why is that? Is it a water thing.? Because I usually cut water around 7-8 p.m. so I'm still drinking it up until that point.
I know nothing about lifting weights as I lift very light weights but I also noticed my veins are more visible in the evening, might be due to the fatigue, like when you don't sleep and see all these veins on your shaved head ?
Water could play a role as well because I noticed this too when I was drinking coffee but no water then, all this visible even on hands or skull in some cases...I don't know if it helps :s

Back
Top Bottom