STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Damn… what’s recovery look like for that and how long?

I still have to do ROM (as recommended) which is painful as hell. got me taking pain meds more. transitioning from supine position to sitting to standing is horrible. it's like having a worse case of leg cramps. my leg is so swollen right now probably an 1/8 of the size more than my other leg. recovery is from 1-3 weeks. just about to get to a week in 2 days time. already called in sick for several days now because of this injury.

I still have to do ROM (as recommended) which is painful as hell. got me taking pain meds more. transitioning from supine position to sitting to standing is horrible. it's like having a worse case of leg cramps. my leg is so swollen right now probably an 1/8 of the size more than my other leg. recovery is from 1-3 weeks. just about to get to a week in 2 days time. already called in sick for several days now because of this injury.
What caused it?

What caused it?
sudden change of direction. lateral movement, playing ball and I'm now a heavy dude weighing 40lbs over my recommended weight. I maybe heavy but I'm still quite a bit agile for a heavy old dude. too bad, we are playing for a spot in the semis and needed 1 more win. wasn't able to play yesterday although we won luckily. judging from my condition, this is it for me this season and could only watch. guess I'll dedicate the time for rehab and conditioning for next year. damn, to think I was getting my groove back and this thing happened.

hmmmm...wonder if they have something more weatherproof and women's. I'm looking at the Winflo 7 Shield as alternative. anyways, in comparison to the WinFlos' how do they compare?

I have absolutely no idea, I don't know running shoes like that; I'm not a runner.
1638217014257.png
Hell, I barely do any cardio.

I just happen to know Metcons. I've owned at least one pair of the numbered ones since the 2 came out and several pairs of the crosses (x Free, Flyknits) as well.

Metcons are not marshmallow-y like some running shoes are, but the Metcon x Frees are: they're different.

I have absolutely no idea, I don't know running shoes like that; I'm not a runner.
1638217014257.png
Hell, I barely do any cardio.

I just happen to know Metcons. I've owned at least one pair of the numbered ones since the 2 came out and several pairs of the crosses (x Free, Flyknits) as well.

Metcons are not marshmallow-y like some running shoes are, but the Metcon x Frees are: they're different.

not a fan of running either, it's for the wife since she needs em and wanted a second pair that is atleast water-resistant for the rain. while I love marshmallow cushion, I need something with more stability and firmness for my deadlifts rather than sinking in or busting the cushion out of them pillow shoes. also, the only cardio that I do more seriously is swimming which I couldn't do for now. jogging comes second but that is out of the question right now due to my injury (no weight-bearing). stationary bike is ok but then it's so boring.

was contemplating on getting some Metcon 6 about 2 weeks ago but held off for a better colorway and price. went today to the outlet to get some NBA socks, too bad they're gone. should have bought more when I had the chance and gotten 5 pairs. I only bought 2 pairs a few weeks back. I got these today instead and I'm happy. would have been better if the Silverado Premium were available since I love that colorway better. but these Baroque Brown Premium would do just the same. also they are cheaper than the regular Metcon 6s.
260415209_297975448849555_6584496238940189621_n.jpg
260464972_920441368878067_7391676951539802831_n.jpg
I want this exact colorway.

this calf injury really hurts like a mofo. once I transition it from supine to sitting and standing, the excruciating pain that I have to suffer is just great. considering my leg and calf contract on such movements, it's feels like my leg is on fire.

Hell be alright

Et cedara

can't bear $250 for the PAIR on Powerblock 50lb adjustables. I prefer the Bowflex 1090s, but I sold mine at the beginning of the pandemy and these will do until prices come down to where i can get another pair even on the used market for under $500. Lowkey you could even quickly resell these for 2x at this price

can't bear $250 for the PAIR on Powerblock 50lb adjustables. I prefer the Bowflex 1090s, but I sold mine at the beginning of the pandemy and these will do until prices come down to where i can get another pair even on the used market for under $500. Lowkey you could even quickly resell these for 2x at this price
If you get those you might as well get the 90’s. Don’t know what use I’d have for 50’s. Resale on gym stuff are past the pandemic phase too btw. You’re not making bank off of items like these. The gyms are open again. People who broke the bank on a home setup and regret it are getting rid of everything they got

more than a week after my calf injury. the visible hematoma that formed on the medial side of my foot has somehow subsided. so far, the pain is a bit manageable now. I might start doing some upper body work once I'm done some paper works. :lol: :lol: :lol:

if anyone is curious on what type of similar injury or close to it happened to me. it is similar to this.....

kd-injury.gif

😬 i can somewhat relate, i busted up my right calf on the landing of doing a standing backflip the last week of june...just getting comfortable again to move on it now. something that i think expedited the healing process was doing calf raises with the health leg (there is some research to say that any gains made to the healthy leg will have some transfer the injured leg)

I got some bad news. so I went today to my sports doctor and physio and made a better assessment of my injury. they've concluded that I suffered a moderate to severe case of calf tear basing from the symptoms I have. the good news is I might be able to go to work with limited mobility with a bootie in 2 weeks. also, the swelling and hematoma from the injury as they say is a clear sign that the injury would heal due to good blood flow. bad news again, therapy could be around 3-4 months with no weigh-bearing or exercises for the injured leg for now. well, I guess it's all upper-body exercises for the next 4 months for me.

I got some bad news. so I went today to my sports doctor and physio and made a better assessment of my injury. they've concluded that I suffered a moderate to severe case of calf tear basing from the symptoms I have. the good news is I might be able to go to work with limited mobility with a bootie in 2 weeks. also, the swelling and hematoma from the injury as they say is a clear sign that the injury would heal due to good blood flow. bad news again, therapy could be around 3-4 months with no weigh-bearing or exercises for the injured leg for now. well, I guess it's all upper-body exercises for the next 4 months for me.
Sorry to hear bro. See you in 4 months
2F974E02-D0B6-4C76-B185-147A0FF76179.jpeg

definitely keep training as much of your body as you can while injured, especially your healthy leg; it can positively help and speed up the recovery process for the injured area.

Back
Top Bottom