STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

No need. More efficient with my time 😎

Cool.
arnold-schwarzenegger-eating-noodles.gif

I’ve been eating a lot of cabbage and rice, sushi, or a poke bowl for lunch for the past 4 months.

Definitely helping to slim down. If I can be slightly more consistent and get the 2x treadmill jogging in each week i think i’ll get down to my healthy natural weight this year.

Will check back in here for strength and rebuilding once i do that. Biggest challenge in my life has been this switch from the burrito pizza indian food life to switching to a more asian food smaller meals sort of lifestyle change.

I’ve been eating a lot of cabbage and rice, sushi, or a poke bowl for lunch for the past 4 months.

Definitely helping to slim down. If I can be slightly more consistent and get the 2x treadmill jogging in each week i think i’ll get down to my healthy natural weight this year.

Will check back in here for strength and rebuilding once i do that. Biggest challenge in my life has been this switch from the burrito pizza indian food life to switching to a more asian food smaller meals sort of lifestyle change.

only issue i could see arising is getting in enough protein to maintain,/build muscle. but if you’re happy with how it’s working keep it up

diet is definitely the key…without knowing where you are in the process, if you want to have the slimming down process be an easy transition into a way of life you likely want to 1.) have your calorie/food consumption be maintainable 2.) prioritize building muscle by strength training.

almost without out fail, when folk are trying to lose weight they both cut the calories and do a ton of cardio, both of which are counterproductive (and more time unsustainable, this is why most people don’t stick to diets or being more active!) because they both send the opposite signal to growing/maintaining muscle; in fact it will tell your body to shed muscle…doing both of those things too early will make it much harder to lose weight as people progress; can only cut calories & cardio but so much before it just becomes too demanding/restricting

unless you just really love treadmill jogging, or want running to be a part of one’s lifestyle…better to spend that time strength training to build muscle now (which is metabolically demanding) and use cardio & cutting calories later (or do more super light cardio, walking after meals or just generally) as a tool to get dialed in once you have built a solid base. get strong(er) 1st

I bet he took some preworkout that day.
1646887597222.png

🤣 that would certainly be a circumstance where it would make sense

wtf is equipped lifting? I couldn’t see clearly in the video but it almost looked like it was a combined effort :lol:

diet is definitely the key…without knowing where you are in the process, if you want to have the slimming down process be an easy transition into a way of life you likely want to 1.) have your calorie/food consumption be maintainable 2.) prioritize building muscle by strength training.

almost without out fail, when folk are trying to lose weight they both cut the calories and do a ton of cardio, both of which are counterproductive (and more time unsustainable, this is why most people don’t stick to diets or being more active!) because they both send the opposite signal to growing/maintaining muscle; in fact it will tell your body to shed muscle…doing both of those things too early will make it much harder to lose weight as people progress; can only cut calories & cardio but so much before it just becomes too demanding/restricting

unless you just really love treadmill jogging, or want running to be a part of one’s lifestyle…better to spend that time strength training to build muscle now (which is metabolically demanding) and use cardio & cutting calories later (or do more super light cardio, walking after meals or just generally) as a tool to get dialed in once you have built a solid base. get strong(er) 1st

🤣 that would certainly be a circumstance where it would make sense
a combination of those thing would certainly help a lot. I remember when I was in my best shape. I did swimming, gym, and rec ball in every session for 2 hours of my visit 3x a week. a few years later, I was only doing gym work exclusively but had to spend more time at the gym on average 2 hours per visit 4x a week. the constant on those is the diet. portion size possibly with 400 macros basing on the content that I was eating. had to admit, I gained more muscle mass when I was doing gym work exclusively. however, those activities are done in a HIIT fashion, so I was literally burning even after every session, even when I'm sleeping you can just feel it.

I prefer jogging and sprints before my knee and leg injuries. I love swimming so basically, that is my cardio exercise. I wonder if my go-to pool has lesser restrictions now and allow more time for a swim. definitely, 45 mins in the pool ain't enough for me.

wtf is equipped lifting? I couldn’t see clearly in the video but it almost looked like it was a combined effort :lol:
Using equipment. Belts, wraps, bench shirts etc

Not really ahat ahat .

Equipped is anything not allowed in “raw” powerlifting. Lifts using single- and multi-ply squat suits, deadlifting suits, and bench shirts are considered equipped lifts.

Belts, sleeves, wraps all fall under various Raw Powerlifting categories.

I never understood why that was considered raw. Especially wraps.

Nobody competes without sleeves and belts though.

Unofficial raw bench record is 804. Some Iranian dude got it. Official record is in the upper 700s.

America owns that one, so :emoji_flag_us::emoji_flag_us::emoji_flag_us:

Holy hell, almost 3 plates on incline is nuts.

I’m not a bench boy and I’ve come to terms with it. :lol:
I never used to have a "strong" bench until my mid-late 20s. Before that id be around 225-245, once i hit that age it was a next level of strength. i always heard late 20s-early 30s is the "prime" athletically/physically for men, not sure how true it is but i believe it. Its like i went to a next level. I was lifting crazy weights i wouldnt have thought about at like 20 :lol: im good on all that now though. It got to the point like dude up there whos sn i cant type said, even adding 5lbs became a serious level... plus i started to really hate putting on/removing five 45plates lol

I never used to have a "strong" bench until my mid-late 20s. Before that id be around 225-245, once i hit that age it was a next level of strength. i always heard late 20s-early 30s is the "prime" athletically/physically for men, not sure how true it is but i believe it. Its like i went to a next level. I was lifting crazy weights i wouldnt have thought about at like 20 :lol: im good on all that now though. It got to the point like dude up there whos sn i cant type said, even adding 5lbs became a serious level... plus i started to really hate putting on/removing five 45plates lol
I would say that based on my experience, it could be true. for me it started around 20 to early 30s. from a scientific standpoint, it can be for most people in general considering the body's physical and physiological development plus experience and conditioning has reached their max potential. I remember being very good athletically during my teenage years, but felt quite a bit more when I reached young adulthood. when I was closing in around 40, the deterioration was pretty much felt. like damn.

I believe it, I started lifting when i was older and had no trouble making consistent gains up until I hit a pretty high baseline except my bench. I think that might be from an injury though. I have to put up with the pain if I want to bench heavy and I just don’t want to deal with it.

Yeah once you’re at “josh’s” level even 5 pounds is a big deal.

I don’t have any goals at the moment I should probably get some. :lol: it’s hard to stay in shape when it’s cold af and I hate the cold.

Back
Top Bottom