STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Hard day today, mentally.

Got into a convo with some dude about white rice m.. I grew up on white rice and eat it daily in small amounts to get my carbs. He just had to tell me how bad white rice is and how brown rice is much better and all that. My view was that white rice isn’t horrible for you, it’s mostly bad for you when done in excess, as are a lot of foods in this world. I like rice as a consistent carb in my diet, it’s simple and doesn’t have added ingredients really like bread, pasta, etc. Plus it’s a comfort thing having grown up eating it.

Here I was thinking I’m doing as much right as I realistically can to balance a happy/livable lifestyle during my cut.. now I feel like an idiot who can’t do s*** right. Like I have no clue what I’m doing.

I know I’m overreacting but goddamn man. I’ve lost 60lbs in the last 9 months, and in 1 day a bad convo has my depression is kicking up and I’m doubting myself and this entire journey I’m on. Legit was thinking to myself I should just quit wth am I even doing if I’m eating a terrible food every day and just ruining my body anyways, even when I’m trying to turn things around.

Got into a convo with some dude about white rice m.. I grew up on white rice and eat it daily in small amounts to get my carbs. He just had to tell me how bad white rice is and how brown rice is much better and all that. My view was that white rice isn’t horrible for you, it’s mostly bad for you when done in excess, as are a lot of foods in this world. I like rice as a consistent carb in my diet, it’s simple and doesn’t have added ingredients really like bread, pasta, etc. Plus it’s a comfort thing having grown up eating it.

Here I was thinking I’m doing as much right as I realistically can to balance a happy/livable lifestyle during my cut.. now I feel like an idiot who can’t do s*** right. Like I have no clue what I’m doing.

I know I’m overreacting but goddamn man. I’ve lost 60lbs in the last 9 months, and in 1 day a bad convo has my depression is kicking up and I’m doubting myself and this entire journey I’m on. Legit was thinking to myself I should just quit wth am I even doing if I’m eating a terrible food every day and just ruining my body anyways, even when I’m trying to turn things around.

Man, tell him to suck a d*** :lol:. White rice has been a staple in Japanese culture for 1000+ years and they live pretty long lives, so it can’t be that bad. You should be proud of what you accomplished and stick to what works for you.

Def got more in the tank
Yeah, the last time I tried this felt like my peck was going to rip or something. This time was tough but I def felt like I could up the weight.

320B76A2-AF21-4462-AAC0-2F10783BCEA6.jpeg

At higher weights I have an issue with this. Mentally and physically the belt messes up my form. Cheap belt i bought like in 2018 and Ive just been rocking with it. Think i need to update. Not about to spend like $300 on a belt like some of you guys. But def need an upgrade.

Last edited:

all things considered there are definitely much worse things you could be eating daily, that said while white rice (plus it’s not as if brown rice is so much better, especially considering that it taste worse🤢 😂) is not horrible it just is a good idea to vary up your source or carbs…#doyagoogles on nutrition and experiment with trying different things

Yeah, the last time I tried this felt like my peck was going to rip or something. This time was tough but I def felt like I could up the weight.

At higher weights I have an issue with this. Mentally and physically the belt messes up my form. Cheap belt i bought like in 2018 and Ive just been rocking with it. Think i need to update. Not about to spend like $300 on a belt like some of you guys. But def need an upgrade.

while i understand the benefit(s) of wearing a belt, i’m still learning to create that pressure/stability naturally

What belt do you use? I used to use a rogue belt, paid maybe 60CAD for it. Worked fine for me going 500+.

all things considered there are definitely much worse things you could be eating daily, that said while white rice (plus it’s not as if brown rice is so much better, especially considering that it taste worse🤢 😂) is not horrible it just is a good idea to vary up your source or carbs…#doyagoogles on nutrition and experiment with trying different things

while i understand the benefit(s) of wearing a belt, i’m still learning to create that pressure/stability naturally
Yeah I don’t eat “only” white rice for my carbs. I eat a realistic diet so I eat pasta, burgers, sandwiches, etc.

Rice is just the consistent one cause I eat it with breakfast and most of my home cooked dinners. In small amounts.

Def same here. I put my belt on once I pass 265lbs.
But I'm def not informed enough to think I should do it without a belt. But I've seen lots of people do it at high numbers.

Had this one since 2018
Looks like it folds pretty easily. Maybe look for a "stiffer" belt.

I have the echo. Decent belt, not crazy expensive. Heard the ohio belt is good too.

Yeah I don’t eat “only” white rice for my carbs. I eat a realistic diet so I eat pasta, burgers, sandwiches, etc.

Rice is just the consistent one cause I eat it with breakfast and most of my home cooked dinners. In small amounts.

ah, makes sense…my point was more so that you might benefit from varying up the source of carbs if you are eating it multiple times daily

I buy rice by the 50 pound bag. I’m not really the pinnacle of fitness but my wife eats it just as much as me and she’s pretty cut up.

Demonizing carbs is weird to me.

i think it comes from conflating carbs with processed foods

Def same here. I put my belt on once I pass 265lbs.
But I'm def not informed enough to think I should do it without a belt. But I've seen lots of people do it at high numbers.

been considering straps for the longest because my grip often is the limiting factor over 315 when not using mixed grip, and i always lose grip (even with gloves) when attempting at my max (been stuck at 5 plates for a minute 😔) with mixed grip. supposedly lifting with a belt kinda changes the lift(s) so my thinking has been that doing lifts without probably has more real world transferability

Basmati>Jasmine> Generic “rice”

Basmati rice.
1648167257053.png
Midas eat some used kitty litter or lick the dust off the bottom of the shopping cart wheel.

Rather eat some regular-*** "Ben's" then any type of basmati rice.
1648167408568.png

Also, Jasmine is the GOAT so your order was wrong.

Put some respeck on jasmine rice's name. I ain't gonna say it no mo.
1648167202636.png

I value my spine more than I value $300 (mine was more with shipping from Singapore) but not my back, not my business.
1648167804462.png

Basmati rice.
1648167257053.png
Midas eat some used kitty litter or lick the dust off the bottom of the shopping cart wheel.

Rather eat some regular-*** "Ben's" then any type of basmati rice.
1648167408568.png

Also, Jasmine is the GOAT so your order was wrong.

Put some respeck on jasmine rice's name. I ain't gonna say it no mo.
1648167202636.png

Man I love jasmine rice too.

And sticky rice with some condensed milk and mangos at a Thai spot. :pimp:

Basmati is still my go to though,

Regular rice is mids but I’ll still crush it, only rice I’m flat out turning down is some brown rice or why my boy puts dried fruit and raisins in it. :sick:

Back
Top Bottom