STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

first time back to active scrimmage yesterday. struggled with the cardio and was huffing and puffing in the court and tried to keep up. didn't really score nor rebound at all but was just acting like a traffic enforcer and a brick wall. battled some young legs down trying to box me out (goodluck with that), good thing being heavy but at the same time a lot to carry. couldn't get my usual lift and was jumping lower than I normally could. at the end, I was coughing really badly like I have a flu. got lots of scars yesterday. sprained fingers, shoulders, knees and hip. I'm taking some tylenol. might drink some T3 later.

first time back to active scrimmage yesterday. struggled with the cardio and was huffing and puffing in the court and tried to keep up. didn't really score nor rebound at all but was just acting like a traffic enforcer and a brick wall. battled some young legs down trying to box me out (goodluck with that), good thing being heavy but at the same time a lot to carry. couldn't get my usual lift and was jumping lower than I normally could. at the end, I was coughing really badly like I have a flu. got lots of scars yesterday. sprained fingers, shoulders, knees and hip. I'm taking some tylenol. might drink some T3 later.

lester-freamon-the-wire.gif

I have a Ball O Roma (basketball tourney) this Friday. Definitely pumped and ready to take some names.

lester-freamon-the-wire.gif

a1 execution right here!

basketball is a fairly chaotic/unpredictable sport…and the mistake us older/out of practice guys make is assuming their familiarity of the games is sufficient to play when being out shape just makes one more susceptible to injury especially if you lose yourself & start playing with intensity…definitely realized i was washed when my main concern in a run was not getting hurt😮‍💨🥲

a1 execution right here!

basketball is a fairly chaotic/unpredictable sport…and the mistake us older/out of practice guys make is assuming their familiarity of the games is sufficient to play when being out shape just makes one more susceptible to injury especially if you lose yourself & start playing with intensity…definitely realized i was washed when my main concern in a run was not getting hurt😮‍💨🥲
the pain is indeed different. felt like everything is breaking. I know we can only push so much in our age. the best that I could do is to be at that level at my age. I know that I can't go back feeling like 20 or even 30. being out their yesterday and being called old guy feels different although the young legs did appreciate the tenacity and knowledge for someone who is not at their level. atleast I got 3 guys battling me inspite of being old. just have to practice my stroke though since it's out of tune. I'll do some shootaround later tonight just to get me good for next week.

Guess I'm entering my first PL meet in March.

Definitely not as strong as I used to be and getting close to the end of my 20s, but a buddy talked me into doing it with him.

I'm interested to see how I feel about a adhering strictly to a program after years of doing my own thing (albeit within a pretty strict split)...

Shooting for a low 1100 total at around 195 (probably not going to cut much), which will be interesting as I haven't benched with a bar in a few years.

Guess I'm entering my first PL meet in March.

Definitely not as strong as I used to be and getting close to the end of my 20s, but a buddy talked me into doing it with him.

I'm interested to see how I feel about a adhering strictly to a program after years of doing my own thing (albeit within a pretty strict split)...

Shooting for a low 1100 total at around 195 (probably not going to cut much), which will be interesting as I haven't benched with a bar in a few years.

Peak strength for males is around 33.

Don’t go in with that “I’m not as young as I was” mentality. You haven’t even peaked yet (assuming you’re not injured)

At 21 I was barely squatting 365.

At 27 I hit my first 500 squat.

You’re gonna do great and make sure you have fun.

The adrenaline when you get on that platform is nothing like you ever felt before

I go to a performance based strength and conditioning coach. Handles mostly pro’s here and a pro basketball team. His program for me is more leaning towards aesthetics on the upper bod and making sure i dont get hurt playing pickup 3x a week.

So we just did some one rep Max’s

I’m 5’9 153 lbs Close to single digit body fat i think

Incline Bench 225
Semi Sumo DL 325
Box Half Squat 405
OHP 145

Torqued my right shoulder last night :smh:

Might be out today and hope it’s alright for my Saturday workout. Disappointing cause I’m trynna get back to a super consistent diet / workout routine after a few eventful weeks.

I go to a performance based strength and conditioning coach. Handles mostly pro’s here and a pro basketball team. His program for me is more leaning towards aesthetics on the upper bod and making sure i dont get hurt playing pickup 3x a week.

So we just did some one rep Max’s

I’m 5’9 153 lbs Close to single digit body fat i think

Incline Bench 225
Semi Sumo DL 325
Box Half Squat 405
OHP 145
quite jealous of your weight. that would be my optimal performance. right now, I'm carrying more than I can muster. still can perform but knew not my best and could still be better. clocking in at 217 lbs.

🤣🤣🤣 me too, from the setup i was picturing something extra like a full weightlifting/wrestling singlet, seeing that it is a tank top/sleeveless tee was a bit of a let down 😂

You gotta see it from the back to see what makes it a running singlet, big pause on that.

Completely different than a sleeveless tee. Evolution to a tank top/wife beater gets you halfway there. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom