STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I just started lifting weights about a year ago.
Since I started lifting I find that my arms fall asleep at night.
Anybody know what the cause is or how I can fix it?

In what position do you sleep? Big pause again lol.

But seriously though a long time ago I would always used my arm as a head rest when I slept and it would regularly make my arm fall asleep.

Now I sleep in a much better ergonomic position on my side but occasionally the arm in between my body and the mattress still goes numb.

I sleep face up arms to the side like a corpse
This just started happening since I started working out
No idea why tho

what is your height & weight? what do you mean by 'fall asleep' tho? numbness, inability to move them, or complete lack of feeling? what lifts are you doing? is there any relation to when you do a specific lift & when you get this affect?

Shoulder felt better yesterday so I went in and did some heavy bag work and hit my leg day sets.

Might stop in today for some technical bag work and footwork.

Hit weights today for 4th straight day, feeling so damn good

I prob haven’t been in weight room consistently in a couple years cuz I been hoopin (pickup) so much. My mens league just ended and it’s been on the back of my mind for a while that I wanna get back in the weight room more. It’s been probably a 90-10 ratio of hoop to weights for the past couple years. Planning to do like a 20-80 hoop to weights ratio for like 6-8 weeks or so. We’ll see how that goes. The buckets be calling me, man…

Looking to change up my pre workout. Currently taking mr hyde extreme . What are you guys currently taking

For y’all that lift, how do you all avoid getting burned out? Like I go the gym about 5 days a week, and sometimes when it feels like I’m not seeing the progress I take a week or two off. Then I start feeling guilty because I’m like “what if this week or two that I’m taking off would’ve made a difference?” But sometimes I just don’t be feeling it, but then feel guilty when I don’t go.

Looking to change up my pre workout. Currently taking mr hyde extreme . What are you guys currently taking
I used to take AllMax Creatine and Alpha King Supreme as my PWO supplements. I'm off both since I'm up 217 lbs. I want to drop to atleast 180 lbs or if still possible 170 lbs. my optimal though is 160 lbs. as of the moment, I just take Whey. this one in particular...

Attachments

• iso protein.jpeg
    iso protein.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 54
For y’all that lift, how do you all avoid getting burned out? Like I go the gym about 5 days a week, and sometimes when it feels like I’m not seeing the progress I take a week or two off. Then I start feeling guilty because I’m like “what if this week or two that I’m taking off would’ve made a difference?” But sometimes I just don’t be feeling it, but then feel guilty when I don’t go.
never felt burned out. the only reason I'm off if I got other things to do that I have no time for working out. you don't get burned out for something that you like doing.

never felt burned out. the only reason I'm off if I got other things to do that I have no time for working out. you don't get burned out for something that you like doing.
Going to go do some reflection. Not even being funny. I’ve been lifting for awhile and I never thought too much about if I ever really liked it, I always felt that it was just a necessary evil

if getting burned out is a concern 🤔 you may want to consider decreasing visits to gym? it could be you are over training…taking time off or deloading for a week or 2 can be really beneficial (there are studies that show this) so no need to feel guilty about that, rest is very important. it could also be that you aren’t getting enough of stimulus with the lifts you are doing despite the frequency

Decided to finally suck it up and cut for real.
This was me in August
EDEF9ACB-2A8F-4C0F-ACA8-9DA98F949B11.jpeg

Me now
37AE8DD0-BFBF-4159-B9AF-12952EA75C47.jpeg

Went from 250 to 215 in 3.5 months. Was a pretty aggressive cut. Eating around 2000 calories a day which is roughly a 1000 calorie deficit for me. Maintained almost all my strength outside of bench which took a small hit but I’m totally fine with it. I’ll always love training for strength but training like a bodybuilder is just so much more fun lol.

Plan is to cut 15 more lbs and get to 200 and then the real fun starts and just get as big as possible 😈

This was me in August

Me now

Went from 250 to 215 in 3.5 months. Was a pretty aggressive cut. Eating around 2000 calories a day which is roughly a 1000 calorie deficit for me. Maintained almost all my strength outside of bench which took a small hit but I’m totally fine with it. I’ll always love training for strength but training like a bodybuilder is just so much more fun lol.

Plan is to cut 15 more lbs and get to 200 and then the real fun starts and just get as big as possible 😈
Were you tracking macros/calories ?

Last edited:
This was me in August

Me now

Incredible work papi.

Were you tracking macros/calories ?

Yea, at first I was doing the whole meal prep and weighing all my food out just to be absolutely sure how many calories I was eating but I ended up switching to a meal delivery service. The food was actually really good and came fresh not frozen. It was 50% off the first week and I just kept canceling and signing back up with a different email for another 50% off lol. I didn’t care too much about fats and carbs as long as I hit 200 grams of protein. I probably should have aimed for a little bit more but it was hard to get that much while staying at 2000 calories.

Incredible work papi.

Ty fam :nthat:

This was me in August

Me now

Great Work ! now, it's between me and my son. let the cutting begin.

Back
Top Bottom