STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I can't lie, I'm absolutely dipped when it comes to the apparel. 85% of my wardrobe is premium athletic gear. I don't care if it's vain, the **** looks really good on me and I love the aesthetic, plus the comfort is simply unmatched.

I've worked remotely for the past 5 years, worked in sports before that, was a competitive athlete before that. It's always just made sense to wear what's essentially running/training/gym attire on a daily basis, years before the athleisure trend hit.

But the athleisure crowd are definitely who the fitness apparel companies are catering too. It doesn't make sense to spend money on something you're strictly gonna wear to the gym and sweat through a couple of hours out the week. It makes way more sense to spend a little bread if you're gonna wear it daily in most non-formal settings.

In that context quality and style are important and there's noticeable differences across brands.

Nike Running apparel and Lululemon are kind of the baseline for me. Vuori has good stuff too, also like Ten Thousand. Almost all apparel across Nike's other lines of business is poor or meh quality.

My favorite brand by far right now is Tracksmith.

Not mad at that

I think the newer generation just made most of these brands look so tacky these days

- Black Shorts
- Vans/Vivo Barefoot Shoes
- Depth Before Dishonor Tees

My go to shorts:
Nike Running (Them checks start peeling after a year or so of washing)
Lululemon
Tachuntfish
Ten Thousand

Fitness brands are def finessing but I can't knock it. I def question the quality/durability of a lot of these brands.

All those brands like Young LA and GymShark look terrible to me and the dudes I see in it are usually the TikTok kids with nike blazers that spend more time setting up their cameras than working out.

Inkaka x GBT designs are meh and the whole EE shorts x vintage tee x Jordan 1 uniform is played but those dudes put up big numbers on SBD.

At the end of the day folks will spend money to look good be comfortable or fit in to what's trendy i.e. cross fitters wearing Reebok head to toe LOOL

didn’t know it was a subscription model either so i hit their website, i believe it’s like $60 a month but you can opt out indefinitely as long as you do so before the 5th of every month (i wonder how many just end up buying things because they forget to opt out of a month 😮‍💨😂😂😂)
I was on my 5th Fabletics account before I just called it quits. I would signup whenever I wanted to get new clothes. I had forgotten to cancel the subscription on a few occasions too. I had enough.

Right now I get my tops from Old Navy and my shorts from Ten Thousand

- Black Shorts
- Vans/Vivo Barefoot Shoes
- Depth Before Dishonor Tees

My go to shorts:
Nike Running (Them checks start peeling after a year or so of washing)
Lululemon
Tachuntfish
Ten Thousand

Fitness brands are def finessing but I can't knock it. I def question the quality/durability of a lot of these brands.

All those brands like Young LA and GymShark look terrible to me and the dudes I see in it are usually the TikTok kids with nike blazers that spend more time setting up their cameras than working out.

Inkaka x GBT designs are meh and the whole EE shorts x vintage tee x Jordan 1 uniform is played but those dudes put up big numbers on SBD.

At the end of the day folks will spend money to look good be comfortable or fit in to what's trendy i.e. cross fitters wearing Reebok head to toe LOOL
My wife bought me some GymShark and I felt some type of way :lol:

I told her I appreciate it but there's no need to spend that much on that brand. The shorts are comfortable though.

I was on my 5th Fabletics account before I just called it quits. I would signup whenever I wanted to get new clothes. I had forgotten to cancel the subscription on a few occasions too. I had enough.

Right now I get my tops from Old Navy and my shorts from Ten Thousand

definitely seems like there’s a lot of potential to turn folks off w/that business model

man i still rock pro club. idk bout all this fabric softener fitness wear

*looks down and sees he's also rocking Pro Club*
jKKyKN6.png

Yeah, I rock the Pro Club super-long basketball shorts, a nerdy graphic tank top, and a 39Thirty or 9Twenty that goes with it.

I'd rather wear cheaper clothes and spend that extra cash on my Metcons, Romaleos, and lifting belts, having torn many a shirt while doing X in the gym.

IME a lot of folks be rocking $2-300 dollar gym fits but have a 10 cent half-squat or bench press.

I think way too many folks worry about what they're wearing and not what they're lifting but
kermit

I like those Nike pro tights. Catch em on sale for like 15-20$. No way I'd pay 60 or 80 or whatever the retail is.

Great thing about Nike is that they manufacture so much product, loads of it always ends up on eBay where it goes for at least 50% off.

I never buy anything on NDC before first doing a simple eBay search by style code.

I like those Nike pro tights. Catch em on sale for like 15-20$. No way I'd pay 60 or 80 or whatever the retail is.
Sheesh man, I’ve never seen compression pants that expensive on NDC. Probably because I only look for the plain model which only come in black/white/grey

Back
Top Bottom