STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

This is for all you sneak dissing Betas in this thread.
Post workout

Tomorrow is my leg day, wondering whether I should go my usual before work (4a) or wait til after (4p)

Stick to what you know. 4-8pm is a mad house in the gym

My Gym between 4-8 looks like a ******g club.

Wall to wall, no lie

Thanks fellas, to be honest I'm thinking of skipping legs until the weekend since my legs are crucial to this training for work all week, gaffeing poles . I'm having trouble as is, wouldn't want to exacerbate that with a tough day in the gym

I know all about that rush :lol:, pre new year I'd go at those hours, all bad... I nicknamed the gym "Club LAF" :lol:

For the runners, what shoes do you dudes use to run? I know Nikes have become very popular lately with the Free and Fly Knit lines. Half the gym wears Fly Knits now. I bought a pair of Frees months ago, and feel they're OK for walking and light running. However, when you're going full blown at 10+ MPH, the shoes are unstable. I've gone back to Asics since.

Also, any dudes here swim? How do you fit that into your routine? I'm thinking about doing it...at least mixing it up. I usually rest on Thursdays, but I'm now thinking of either:

1) run around the area. I live up in the hills, about 2 miles from the side street, so that 2 miles running up at about 40-45 degree angle should be a different work out than running on the treadmill at the gym. Then hitting the spa afterwards.

or

2) just swim for an hour and hit the spa.

I'm kind of leaning towards 2 since I already run a lot at the gym, may want to give the legs a break.

I currently run in Zoom Elites. Before that I use Mizuno Wave Musha's and Elixer's. Honestly I don't know if I would run in flyknits, they seem more of a casual shoe. And I hate free's for running. Casually they are ok but there are so many better options for barefoot type running shoes, especially since the free's have a pretty big heel to toe drop.

How so?

Already found a common interest.

:lol: man back then I didn't give a damn about working out.... and I HATE gyms. I took my body for granted. I always got by LOOKING like I worked out, people always ask me if I ran track, played sports etc. Granted, I don't look like none of them chicks in the pics up there cuz I don't have the rack they do, and that last chicks abs are :wow: But I def think I coulda pulled if I went to a gym. Not on some you gon' stop what you doing in gawk :lol: But maybe a glance or two. Like I said, back then, it would've totally been for the wrong reasons.

Right now, I'm serious about my body and catching dudes at the gym is the farthest thing from my mind (plus I'm pretty sure I'm dating my future husband, so I don't wanna mess that up) . I go to small gyms and small workout groups with predominantly women. Truth be told if I went to the gym I'd probably roll in there dressing as thuggish as I possibly could to avoid unwanted attention (I usually workout in b-ball shorts and a wife beater, during the winter it's a baggy shirt)

Last edited:
3.0s aren't bad, as close to minimal as you'll get from the swoosh

My go to everything shoe.

But what other minimal shoes are you guys wearing? I refuse to wear vibrams....sorry just can't do it. But New Balance Minimus? Adidas Adipures?

The longest i run is 5 miles at a given time. I run interval sprints as well. I do all of this in Flyknit Trainers and Nike Free 3.0s. I like the zoom feel in my FK Trainers so if im running for 5miles i use them mostly. But if i am only running a 5k or so i will change it up and use my 3.0s.

For the runners, what shoes do you dudes use to run? I know Nikes have become very popular lately with the Free and Fly Knit lines. Half the gym wears Fly Knits now. I bought a pair of Frees months ago, and feel they're OK for walking and light running. However, when you're going full blown at 10+ MPH, the shoes are unstable. I've gone back to Asics since.

I am a Nike lover at heart like most people on this site but when it comes to running any distance over say a mile or 2, esp if you run outside......Brooks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nike or anything else.

:x running in nike air maxes. That turned me off to nike a while ago, not sure how the new running shoes are though.

I am a Nike lover at heart like most people on this site but when it comes to running any distance over say a mile or 2, esp if you run outside......Brooks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nike or anything else.
Yeah, I never had good experience with Nike running shoes dating back to the high school days. I've been using running brand shoes for the last several years from the local running specific store, ie Brooks, NB, Asics. Ugly as sin, but darn comfy.

LunarGlides and LunarEclipses are perfectly fine for running.

Been foam rolling before and after workouts lately. Already feeling a difference. Going to step it up to the torture device soon...

41520p9YQOL._SX_.jpg

I run in Nike Frees 3.0, but then again, I don't run more than a mile or two at a time. I sprint more than anything.

Been foam rolling before and after workouts lately. Already feeling a difference. Going to step it up to the torture device soon...

41520p9YQOL._SX_.jpg
They have these at my gym recently and I must like the pain because I roll full body weight (quads, IT band) only after casually rolling in the flatter ones. After getting over that initial pain got me feeling like my avatar doe.

Last edited:
I use Free Run 2's....I absolutely love them. I actually need to get a new pair of Nike + enabled shoes. Any recommendations?

By the way...made a easy and DELICIOUS meal last night.

Had a bag and a half of spinach left over. It was going bad today and it was too much to eat as a salad between me my girl, and my daughter.

I sauteed some onions (little bit of oil) and then dumped the bags of spinach in the pot. It really cooks down quickly. I added some salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and oregano to the mixture.

Turned out amazing.

*You can do the same thing w/ Kale.

Kale chips :smokin

Typically what I do with my Kale if I don't juice it or use it in a smoothie. Made some last night...amazing.

41520p9YQOL._SX_.jpg

They have these at my gym recently and I must like the pain because I roll full body weight (quads, IT band) only after casually rolling in the flatter ones. After getting over that initial pain got me feeling like my avatar doe.
:lol:

I bring my own in, my gym is cheap. Have a feeling I'll start a foam rolling epidemic soon like I did with jump roping at my gym lol

Back
Top Bottom