STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Weighing should be done first thing in the morning. Your body holds a lot of water when you workout, so afterwards is not ideal.

Last edited:
I'm feeling slow today from lack of sleep...
7 oz of boneless beef, cooked is 38.78g fat, 52.25g protein, 572 calories...
7 oz of ground beef, 80% lean, 20% fat is 39.2g fat, 33.65g protein, 498 calories...
This is all according to the Calorie Counter app...
After cooking, wouldn't I lose fat/protein?

After cooking, you'd lose water retained in the meat, making it lighter, thus less accurate when weighed.

I have a question about weighing meat...no ayo.

I cooked a burger earlier but I didn't weigh it till after it was cooked...7 ounces.

It was made with 80/20 ground beef so for a calorie counting program, would I put it 7 oz of beef or 7 oz of 80/20 ground beef?

The protein difference is significant which is why I'm asking.

You basically just answered your own question. :lol:

And calorie wise, the fat content is what would be more important...since the difference would account for a greater amount calories.

7 oz of ground beef, 80% lean, 20% fat is 39.2g fat, 33.65g protein, 498 calories...

A small amount will be lost, but there's no way to track how much.

After cooking, you'd lose water retained in the meat, making it lighter, thus less accurate when weighed.

Hmm, I understand now...

I lost weight when I cooked which is why the ground beef alone before cooking has significantly less protein than after being cooked. Okay, Ima start weighing before now.

Last edited:
^^

It was reformulated due to DMAA and the fed opening an investigation into it and potential side effects after a few soldiers went ape ****.

Jack3D, OEP, 1MR, and whatever other supps with DMAA have been reformulated within the last few months because of that, although most sites have pulled the original products, fitrx still carries it til they run out

How many calories would i have to eat per day to do P90X?
How much do you weigh? How much do you want to weigh?

Also I'm gonna try out this green tea x orange juice pre workout you guys are talking about

After doing it for 2 days, i'm having trouble sleeping. I work out at 8:30 usually.

I suspect the caffeine from the tea is keeping me up.

8 months into my cutting, went from 22% BF to 15%

170lb
1osnrl.jpg

135lb
x4o45.jpg

Now I'm going to do 3-4 weeks of maintenance and see what to do ffrom there, bulk a little or do some cutting.

I been taking Muscle Pharm Assault for 3 weeks preworkout and it has 3g of CreaPure Creatine, I just got some ON Micronized Creatine, should I still go through a Loading Phase with it? I`m thinking yes so my muscles can be saturated with the Creatine, but I just want an extra opinion.

I been taking Muscle Pharm Assault for 3 weeks preworkout and it has 3g of CreaPure Creatine, I just got some ON Micronized Creatine, should I still go through a Loading Phase with it? I`m thinking yes so my muscles can be saturated with the Creatine, but I just want an extra opinion.

U dnt nd to load creatine that's all hype by the supplement company, just take a teaspoon after your workout, and on off days

Question for those who wear Tank Tops.. I just bought them and wanted to get some opinons.. I don't have a great body but do people make comments if you don't look good in them.. I bought them cuz i wanted to see if i would feel compfortable if i bought a better version of them and maybe it will give me confidence when working out...

i did a chest workout and little abs today and was wondering besides legs what can i do for Tommorrow??
as far as what, a leg routine? or did you want something non-weight training based?

and wear your tank-tops, no one is really paying attention to what you're wearing (atleast not at the gym)

im gonna be honest fellas, Im more than happy to help out but alot of these questions are a bit on the vague side 
laugh.gif

like the guy who asked how many calories to do P90X: what do you mean by that exactly? are you asking how many calories you should take in before the actual workout, or how many calories you should take in each day while supplementing your diet with P90X?

Last edited:
i did a chest workout and little abs today and was wondering besides legs what can i do for Tommorrow??
why not legs? or just do back/bis
Question for those who wear Tank Tops.. I just bought them and wanted to get some opinons.. I don't have a great body but do people make comments if you don't look good in them.. I bought them cuz i wanted to see if i would feel compfortable if i bought a better version of them and maybe it will give me confidence when working out...
other guys aren't going to care. just wear comfortable clothes. if wearing tank tops give you confidence, then that's a plus.
U dnt nd to load creatine that's all hype by the supplement company, just take a teaspoon after your workout, and on off days
x2. loading isn't necessary. just remember to take it everyday.

For real, some of y'all should study the science behind it instead of getting your info from Uncle Rico

:lol: I think in this instance hype = broscience

I cut my macros by a lot on that calculator I linked to in the OP after last weeks Birthday festivities, and after hearing POG Chris mention how he'd consider himself sedentary due to not having a demanding job, even though he goes hard when training (I was going with moderately active [work out 5days/ week] ). That small change cut my daily calorie allowance for cutting about 500cals, but i'm more focused on hitting my macros than I was before, and feel great even though I just cut them this Monday.

I think I lost my gym buddy, best friend I take in with my guest pass (LAFitness), but there'd be days he doesn't pick up his phone or ignores my messages and **** up my gym time, like I told him i'm not his ***** nagging him to go some place, if he so chooses he wants to keep at it he knows how to get in contact with me...

Now the question is, how to get a successful workout in without a spotter. Tips from the foreveralone crowd would be appreciated :lol:

Last edited:
I don't have a spotter and always go to the max, when benching just stay aware when the -1 fail comes, better leave it like that than fail. Squating in a rack feels pretty safe for me...

Back
Top Bottom