STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

It's some torn muscles and ligaments probably he thinks. Whatever it is it's not serious and will heal. No lifting for 6 weeks and I'm starting physical therapy. First appointment is this afternoon.

It's some torn muscles and ligaments probably he thinks. Whatever it is it's not serious and will heal. No lifting for 6 weeks and I'm starting physical therapy. First appointment is this afternoon.
Good to hear; wishing you a speedy recovery dude.

Key word.. Thinks. Unless you get an MRI he's guessing. Not saying he's wrong, but shooting pain like that is often a symptom of sciatica. Jumping to muscle/ligament tear seems a little extreme. I've herniated discs and had back surgery so I'm just speaking from my personal experience.

sounds like sciatica, ive had the same issue...after working on my core, it has resolved alot, still pain here and there but not as bad...took about 8 months to fully recover

Sciatica sometimes radiates. If it's an isolated pain it may or may not be sciatica. I remember when I thought I had sciatica. That was scary lol.

Last edited:
I'm gonna start working on my back and core on my off days of SL. My weak back is affecting my back problems and my squats. :smh:

Irritated disk the pt said. A week off the gym. I won't deadlift again. I told him specifically everything I do in the gym he said it's all great except dl. He sees on ton of people who did the same thing as me.

He said squats and ohs weren't bad as long as you use good form obviously. Probably just going to work on my wide grip pull-ups now. My back already feels a lot better after doing stretches with him.

How's your DL form?

It's good man. I will admit on the initial injury I felt my back arch though. All it took was that one time and that did it. My girl is a form nazi and she watches everything. She wasn't there the first time I did it though.

It's just not worth it to me to dl at this point. Plenty of other things I can do with good results. This morning I had to roll onto the floor and pull myself up on my bed to get up. :lol:

I'm going to focus on pull-ups and rows and shrugs for the back. I can still squat to my hearts content says the physical therapist. he wasn't anti lifting at all. Just didn't like deadlifts and bent over rows. He did encourage going ham on back extensions too even with injury.

Yeah, I remember you used to I think. Your lower back been good since you stopped? I'm not exactly young either. 28 years old not trying to go down that road.

I'm also stoked I don't have to really take any time off. that's my social life these days. :lol:

@MPLSdunk  you got me scared as hell man...Experiencing the exact same symptoms as you in my lower back. To the point where I couldn't sleep with the pain. Took 4 days off and thought it was better and it came right back. 

To make things worse I herniated my disc when I was 17. I'm only 24 now 
mean.gif

@MPLSdunk
 you got me scared as hell man...Experiencing the exact same symptoms as you in my lower back. To the point where I couldn't sleep with the pain. Took 4 days off and thought it was better and it came right back. 

To make things worse I herniated my disc when I was 17. I'm only 24 now :smh:

Lay on your bed stomach down with a loose core and keep your waist down but push up your chest. That helped me a ton. I feel like a new man today.

See im the total opposite. Squatting irritates my back more than deadlifting. I've actually read several people deadlift to strengthen their weakness after healing. My back was weak as hell after surgery. Took 2+ years but I worked back up to 455 and my back felt great. Then I realized it was pointless for me to pull that much so now I chill around 315.

I've pulled 225 sumo a few weeks ago with no pain but honestly I don't ever want to feel that pain again so I don't think I will.

Yeah squatting is fine for me I pr'd last week and my back was fine. I shrug heavy with a hex with no pain (185-225) so I guess I could dl with a hex too but it just isn't worth it to me and I'll probably switch to seated shrugs with Dumbbells now.

Back
Top Bottom