STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Got an MRI on my right shoulder...

Was told I have weight lifters shoulder and should stop lifting :frown:

I'm deadass about to cry.

that’s a BS answer if what they told you. find some rehab exercises and get to work

Last edited:
Got an MRI on my right shoulder...

Was told I have weight lifters shoulder and should stop lifting :frown:

I'm deadass about to cry.
Bands and calisthenics. You can still do lower body training. The same exercises that you do in rehab for the shoulder, you can consistently do with the bands. As they may have told you, this effects the distal end of the shoulder near the clavicle. You can still do curls, triceps push downs, kickbacks. You simply are limited to controlled pressing exercises, closed kinetic chain exercises, but you can indeed row, and low pulley train.

How far along is the degeneration?

I’m confident another lockdown is coming.

if you can, get gym equipments now if possible.
Hopefully this is the last lockdown
first your pic is on the view full gallery and first thing is ee when i come on here and it's epic.

I dont think another gym lockdown is coming personally. Gyms actually have a case now for saying none of the positive test came from here and this is peoples mental Haven. If they do shut down tho i need curl bar real quick

Gyms are already mandated to shut down at 12:01am tonight for 95% of California.

I might be able to get away with sliding to San Francisco for a week but I don't see how they don't get shut down too in the coming days. :frown:

Seattle area gyms are now closed smh. At least until December 14 so I'll have to figure out some alternatives now.

Fellas.....I had an embarrassing moment today....
went to the showers today. and the shower area has a little dressing room right across for each individual shower. grabbed my towel butt booty naked went to the shower... Door closed shut. I saw that it was locked... I was panicked. had to get down to the ground. slide under the door butt naked privates sliding on the dirty floor, barely fit under there to get to the other side.......... smh
felt like mystique in X2

Fellas.....I had an embarrassing moment today....
went to the showers today. and the shower area has a little dressing room right across for each individual shower. grabbed my towel butt booty naked went to the shower... Door closed shut. I saw that it was locked... I was panicked. had to get down to the ground. slide under the door butt naked privates sliding on the dirty floor, barely fit under there to get to the other side.......... smh
felt like mystique in X2

Like that mr bean episode

I'm deceased

1605658148029.png

Used my lever inzer belt today for the first time it felt pretty good but man I felt so awkward trying to do deadlifts with the belt and was uncomfortable so definitely gotta get use to it and break it in

Used my lever inzer belt today for the first time it felt pretty good but man I felt so awkward trying to do deadlifts with the belt and was uncomfortable so definitely gotta get use to it and break it in

FWIW I never liked using my Inzer or SBD lever belts on deadifts. :rolleyes

Idk where to go right now with training now that I just did my meet..

a part of me wants to retire powerlifting cause it’s so time consuming.

but the other part of me wants to try to qualify for Nationals in 2021. I’m 25kg (55lb) from qualifying. It would be awesome to go to the highest level in this strength sport but idk if I can keep going. I need to focus on other things in life like my career and relationships with friends, etc.

but the other part of me wants to try to qualify for Nationals in 2021. I’m 25kg (55lb) from qualifying. It would be awesome to go to the highest level in this strength sport but idk if I can keep going. I need to focus on other things in life like my career and relationships with friends, etc.

In my experience, literally no trained athlete has ever looked back in retrospect and said, "I really wished I had shortened my athletic career, or stopped competing at a high level sooner."

But the world seems to be full of athletes who wish they had pursued just one more season, or that one jump to the next level.

I don't know if it applies to powerlifting but in a lot sports, you can't ever really get that back.

I get it though, the sacrifices made, I definitely get it.

I wouldn't give it up if it were me, but I can certainly understand all the sacrifices the sport requires. I also assume that the higher you go, the more you'd have to give up.

With that said, if you decide to retire you should allow me to become your apprentice so I can carry on the lifter's legacy.

You be Bruce, I'll be Terry.
1605671702786.png

Back
Top Bottom