Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Originally Posted by Dakingii

64%20Gross.jpg

smh
smh.gif
why would you even want to look like that
olive.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

Just curious but how often do you guys consume sweets? As in candy or cookies.
I have sort of a sweet tooth and I found these Healthy Choice fudge bars at Costco and I eat one every other day (or every two days) to curb and satisfy my sweet tooth.
It tastes pretty good and it takes my cravings for sweets away.

Nutrition fact per bar:

Calories 80
Calories fro fat 10
Fat (1 g) 2%
Saturated Fat (.5 g) 3%
Trans Fat (0 g)
Cholesterol (5 mg) 2%
Sodium (60 mg) 3%
Total Carbohydrates (13 g) 4%
Dietary Fiber (4 g) 16%
Sugar (2 g)
Vitamin A 10%
Calcium 8%
Protein (3 g)
Vitamin C (0%)
Iron (2%)

It's not bad, right? Eating one every other day shouldn't affect much, right?

I have/had a HUGE sweet tooth too, but once I started eating alot of fruit (natural sugars) I started not craving the candy, ice cream, etc. type of sweets. Imean every once in a while sure, but not as much as I used to. And when you do crave the candy and junk like that try eating an apple or other fruits and seehow that goes.

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

today I ate 1 LARGE can of tuna, 5 eggs 5 piece of grilled chicken and 2 protein shake which came to a total of 250g of protein but only around 1000 calories is this bad?

eek.gif
You don't need that much protein man
roll.gif

That's how much I'd need..

too much protein there. very hard for your stomach to digest.
you wana gain a great amount of mass or wat?
and a tip for ya'll never do the same lift more than twice a week.
i see some dudes hit the bench 4 times a week.
-DB bench is more effective than barbell bench.
-take your protein shake or have any kind of protein within 40 mins you workout if you dont its like working out for nothing.
-pullups is the best workout for me.
-people in the gym focus too much on upper body and barely do any legs..like squats,power cleans,deadlift.

ive been running about 5 days a week for a month now (3 mile runs), havent seen any results. can yall tell me if my eating pattern is incorrect?

wake up at 6am eat breakfast (either a bowl of cereal or a egg sandwich). usually a nap between 9 and 11 am, which may be my downfall.
lunch between 11am to noonish. usually a turkey sandwich or some sort of leftover from the inlaws.
dinner is around 6pm, usually some sort of protein, depending on what the wife made. we run at 730pm.

any tips on what to eat or how i should switch up my routine with eating and running? my prob is i'm unemployed and my wife has a contract job so money istight (no gym membership for me).

Question: I'm going to Toronto this upcoming Tuesday so I wanted to exercise a $#$$ load before that. I lift and run on the elliptical. What would be thebest schedule for like 4-5 of super intense exercising before i damage my body
laugh.gif

Nah, you can still workout once your shoulders out of the sling, just do single arm exercises on the good side, and it will keep you from losing too muchmuscle on the side you injured.

Word to cheat days...

Whats some advice to get over them? Although the foods weren't that bad (not fast food) - they just had too much fat/carbs..

should i take whey on my off days as well as workout days? should i also take it before or after my workouts?

Originally Posted by DenisHot

Honestly, this thread has been motivation. In the past 6 weeks I lost 20 lbs. I had a few relapses and stuff but I've been steadily losing weight. Went from 260-240. I'm 6'5 though. Looking to lose 20 more lbs.

what have you been doing i need help
i used run 2.2 miles ever day but haven't in a week
i need help for more muscle mass

Originally Posted by chickhien

ive been running about 5 days a week for a month now (3 mile runs), havent seen any results. can yall tell me if my eating pattern is incorrect?

wake up at 6am eat breakfast (either a bowl of cereal or a egg sandwich). usually a nap between 9 and 11 am, which may be my downfall.
lunch between 11am to noonish. usually a turkey sandwich or some sort of leftover from the inlaws.
dinner is around 6pm, usually some sort of protein, depending on what the wife made. we run at 730pm.

any tips on what to eat or how i should switch up my routine with eating and running? my prob is i'm unemployed and my wife has a contract job so money is tight (no gym membership for me).
your nutrition seems decent, although if you swing it, try to eat 4-5 times a day instead of only 3 times while keeping your total calorie intakethe same. also, add some complex carbs in there (brown rice, multigrain bread, veggies, beans/lentils, etc.). how were you eating before you started running?

i'm no expert on endurance running as exercise, but depending on your pace, 3 miles in 30 minutes would burn about 400 calories for someone 175 pounds. ifyou take 400 calories X 5 days a week X 4 weeks you get a total of 8000 calories. one pound of fat equals 3500 calories. so by the math, you should have losta little more than two pounds over a month's time. your actual weight will vary with the amount of water you carry though.

i don't know what kind of results you want exactly, but i'm guessing you want to lose weight. the average person burns about 600 calories an hourrunning. to lose one pound of fat, it would take about 6 hours of running. if you want faster results you can do a few things:

- cut a few hundred more calories each day. for example, if you eat 10% less than what you eat regularly now, you could cut around 200 calories off the bat. that's almost 2 pounds of fat lost in a month

- put some more intensity into your workout. you probably have enough cardiovascular fitness to do high intensity interval training. basically, warm up,then run at 70-80% of your max speed for 30 seconds. after that time is up, slow down to a jog or fast walk for 45 seconds. repeat these two steps 8-12times. (these numbers are pretty basic; you can mix it up and run for longer or do more or less intervals.) the important thing is the intensity mixed withshort periods of rest.

the last few intervals should leave you pretty winded. if you do this right, it's hell, but it gets results quick. you should notice for several minutesafter you catch your breath that you're breathing deeper than normal. this is called EPOC (excess post-exercise oxygen consumption). this is a signyou're still burning calories. supposedly, it can last up to 48 hours after your workout. so in effect you can have a short workout (15-30 minutes), burnmore calories (due to the high effort), and continue burning extra calories afterwards. plus, high intensity workouts result in more fat burned compared toregular endurance cardio for the same amount of calories, and even add some muscle, which doesn't really happen with low intensity cardio.

So how y'all doing? I haven't been in here for a bit. Hope everybody is doing well and staying consistent with their work ethic. Off to the gym!

What are some good exercises one can do when you can't make it to a gym?

And what are your opinions on full body workouts? I haven't been to the gym in a week, because I've been too poor to buy food
but next time I go I want to try and hit every major muscle group

I've heard excellent reviews on Optimum Nutrition products, but has anyone tried ON pro complex gainer (double chocolate)? How is it in terms of gainingLEAN mass and what rating would you give it (out of 10)?
pGNC1-2331550nm.jpg

the nutrional facts are as follows
pimp.gif

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
Pro Complex[emoji]8482[/emoji] Gainer
Over 600 Calories
  • 55 GRAMS of PROTEIN from WHEY, EGG, and CASEIN
  • Complex carbs
  • Digestive Enzymes
  • 26 Vitamins & Minerals
Pro Complex[emoji]8482[/emoji] Gainer is the epitome of the emerging "lean gainer" supplement category. Unlike typical weight gain formulas, Pro Complex[emoji]8482[/emoji] Gainer
derives a much higher percentage of its calories from protein. And, while some "ultra-hardgainers" require 1,000, 1,200...even 1,500
calorie/serving weight-gain products, many athletes can gain quality mass with considerably less. So, in addition to calories, Pro Complex[emoji]8482[/emoji] Gainer
provides a blend of 6 premium protein sources, complex carbohydrates including dietary fiber, lipids, digestive enzymes, vitamins, and minerals.
ADDING QUALITY MASS REQUIRES:
  • Intense Weight Training - Lifting weights creates, within your body, a naturally anabolic enviroment that fosters growth.
    Participating in a well-structured, progressive resistance program 3-5 times per week lays the groundwork for a bigger, more powerful physique.
  • High-Quality Proteins - Premium proteins, also referred to as high biological value proteins, are easily digested and provide a full
    complement of amino acids to support the rebuilding process. Your body cannot synthesize many amino acids, so they must be obtained from
    food and supplement sources. Without sufficient amounts of these key "building blocks" size accumulation will be hindered. Each serving of
    Pro Complex[emoji]8482[/emoji] Gainer provides 55 grams of the finest protein that money can buy.
  • Calories - and lots of them! To gain just one extra pound, you need to comsume approximately 3,500 calories - above and beyond what you
    normally consume through foods, beverages, and supplements. By combining just one daily serving of 600 plus-calorie Pro Complex[emoji]8482[/emoji] Gainer
    with your current meal plan and exercise routine, it is possible to pack-on over a pound of new mass in as little as one week.
  • Complex Carbohydrates & Lipids - Carbohydrates and lipids (fats and oils) provide sustained energy and help prevent proteins
    from being burned for fuel. Each serving of Pro Complex[emoji]8482[/emoji] Gainer provides 85 grams of carbohydrates and 4-5 g of fiber with only 4-6 g of
    sugar. In addition Pro Complex[emoji]8482[/emoji] Gainer supplies Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) and other lipids. Of the three major types of
    macronutrients, lipids are the most energy-dense at 9 calories per gram.
  • Micronutrients - Various vitamins and minerals are utilized durnig the growth process. Without these micronutrients your body cannot
    effectively process proteins, carbohydrates, or fats. Each serving of Pro Complex[emoji]8482[/emoji] Gainer provides 26 vitamins and minerals to augment the
    levels obtained from other foods, beverages and supplements in your diet.
  • Rest & Recovery - Without sufficient recovery between workouts, your ability to gain lean mass will eventually slow and may ultimately
    reverse itself. Every person recovers at a slightly different rate, but allowing at least 48 hours between workouts involving the same body part
  • is a good general rule.
PRO COMPLEX[emoji]8482[/emoji] GAINER: QUALITY MASS THROUGH PREMIUM PROTEINS AND NUTRIENT-DENSE CALORIES.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

[table][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
supplement_facts.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Serving Size 1 scoop[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Servings Per Container 14[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Amount Per Serving[/td] [td] [/td] [td]% DV[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Calories [/td] [td] 620.00[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Calories from Fat [/td] [td] 60.00[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Total Fat [/td] [td] 7.00 g[/td] [td] 11% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Saturated Fat [/td] [td] 3.00 g[/td] [td] 18% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Trans Fat [/td] [td] 0.00 g[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Cholesterol [/td] [td] 50.00 mg[/td] [td] 17% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Sodium [/td] [td] 350.00 mg[/td] [td] 15% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Total Carbohydrate [/td] [td] 85.00 g[/td] [td] 28% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Dietary Fiber [/td] [td] 4.00 g[/td] [td] 16% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Sugars [/td] [td] 4.00 g[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Protein [/td] [td] 55.00 g[/td] [td] 110% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Phosphorus [/td] [td] 330.00 mg[/td] [td] 33% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Magnesium [/td] [td] 125.00 mg[/td] [td] 31% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Calcium [/td] [td] 560.00 mg[/td] [td] 56% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Iron [/td] [td] 5.00 mg[/td] [td] 28% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Chloride [/td] [td] 200.00 mg[/td] [td] 6% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Vitamin A [/td] [td] 1005.00 IU[/td] [td] 20% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Vitamin C [/td] [td] 23.00 mg[/td] [td] 38% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Vitamin E [/td] [td] 11.00 IU[/td] [td] 37% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Thiamin [/td] [td] 0.30 mg[/td] [td] 20% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Riboflavin [/td] [td] 0.65 mg[/td] [td] 38% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Niacin [/td] [td] 4.00 mg[/td] [td] 20% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Vitamin B-6 [/td] [td] 0.39 mg[/td] [td] 20% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Folic Acid [/td] [td] 79.00 mcg[/td] [td] 20% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Vitamin B-12 [/td] [td] 1.20 mcg[/td] [td] 20% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Biotin [/td] [td] 58.00 mcg[/td] [td] 19% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Pantothenic Acid [/td] [td] 2.00 mg[/td] [td] 20% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Iodine [/td] [td] 70.00 mcg[/td] [td] 47% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Zinc [/td] [td] 3.00 mg[/td] [td] 20% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Selenium [/td] [td] 10.00 mcg[/td] [td] 14% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Copper [/td] [td] 0.40 mg[/td] [td] 20% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Manganese [/td] [td] 0.78 mg[/td] [td] 39% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Chromium [/td] [td] 36.00 mcg[/td] [td] 30% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Molybdenum [/td] [td] 20.00 mcg[/td] [td] 27% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Potassium [/td] [td] 350.00 mg[/td] [td] 10% [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Boron [/td] [td] 387.00 mcg[/td] [td] ** [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Carbogen [/td] [td] 100.00 mg[/td] [td] ** [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Lactase (standardized to 100000 FCC units/g) [/td] [td] 1.00 mg[/td] [td] ** [/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] ** Daily Value (DV) not established[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Other Ingredients: Cocoa (Processed with Alkali), Maltodextrin, partially hydrolyzed guar gum, Sucralose, Lecithin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Acesulfame Potassium, Salt, vitamin/mineral blend (Biotin, Folic Acid, Selenomethionine, Calcium Carbonate, Maltodextrin, Niacinamide, Vitamin A Palmitate, Manganese Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid, Zinc Oxide, Potassium Iodide, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Tricalcium Phosphate, Cyanocobalamin, Chromium Polynicotinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Ferric Orthophosphate, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Cupric Oxide, d-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate, Beta-Carotene, Boron Amino Acid Chelate, Dimagnesium Phosphate), Protein Blend (Calcium Caseinate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Egg Albumen, Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides, Glutamine Peptides), lipid blend (High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Medium Chain Triglycerides)
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Lost another pound in like 2-3weeks.. for a total of 102-3lbs
Another 20-25lbs to go.

My weight loss has slowed down.. thinking about doing this thing called the Spike Diet but seems kind of crazy of to do. This guy on bodybuilding.com made itand lost 100lbs the first time doing it then he got lazy and got kinda fat again and did the diet again and lost 40lbs. Its a zig zag diet in terms ofcalories. He eats at his maintenance or BMR for 3 days of the week and in between those days he eats 500-750 calories less than his maintenance\BMR for 3 daysof the week. Then the last day of the week he eats like 5000 calories which is way above his maintenance level.

My diet is kind of like a zig zag right now and its helped me lose about 50lbs but the zig zag or the difference in the calories between days where only a100-200 calories.

do those muscle pills really work

like at GNC

that help muscle recovery by 450% speed?

or is protein powder enough

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Lost another pound in like 2-3weeks.. for a total of 102-3lbs
Another 20-25lbs to go.

My weight loss has slowed down.. thinking about doing this thing called the Spike Diet but seems kind of crazy of to do. This guy on bodybuilding.com made it and lost 100lbs the first time doing it then he got lazy and got kinda fat again and did the diet again and lost 40lbs. Its a zig zag diet in terms of calories. He eats at his maintenance or BMR for 3 days of the week and in between those days he eats 500-750 calories less than his maintenance\BMR for 3 days of the week. Then the last day of the week he eats like 5000 calories which is way above his maintenance level.

My diet is kind of like a zig zag right now and its helped me lose about 50lbs but the zig zag or the difference in the calories between days where only a 100-200 calories.

I need to start trying some stuff for some big weight loss. How'd you do it man? I'm definitely way overweight, but I'm still not losing that muchweight.

yo im starting carb cycling again

second try since doin it in dr was not happenin
laugh.gif

ill post after pics assuming it works, its my first time doing it so i dunno. if it doesnt work ill do a traditional caloric deficit with normal macros.

Went back to my apartment this week to handle some business and fell into the fast food trap, gained a couple of pounds.
smh.gif
Fast food is ruining my weight loss efforts.

I got 24hr fitness for my gym. i think im going to try the 24 cycle class. Has anyone with 24hr membership tried it??, How is it, what should i expect?? Imreally thinking of doing this class daily for the next 2 weeks or untill i can get clearance from my doctor to run on the treadmill again.

Back
Top Bottom