Stay with ATT or switch to Verizon?

I recently lost my phone and im not eligible for an upgrade on ATT, I have recently been thinking of switching to Verizon but if I do I have to pay an ETF(175)but if I stay with ATT I will have to buy a new phone and any decent one will be over 100 compared to a good deal on a phone if I sign a contract with verizon.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this same thread several times.
What makes you think you'll get the right answer today?

here's the right answer, I made the switch on december 5th after 2 years with AT&T.Now that i have Verizon, i dont have random dropped calls, andreception EVERYWHERE. Customer service is a lot better, and they offer quicker and more efficent service. Make the switch.

Honestly I'm a Verizon homer but most of my friends have the other services and they always have some type of complaint with there phone/service. My onlycomplaint with Verizon is they are kind of expensive. SO make the switch

I'm with AT&T/Cingular and couldn't me more happy with them. But, before I went to them I was considering Verizon big time. But, they can be kindof expensive and they didn't have a lot of cool phones at the time. Now, they do have some cool phones out.

Neither go with Sprint and get the SERO plan with the Mogul.

I just got that the other day and as much as people complain about Sprint and their customer service it wasn't that bad.

I fixed so things last night when I came home from work and today I will try to port my phone number over from Nextel.

Can't beat $30 a month for UNLIMITED DATA, UNLIMITED TEXT/PICTURE MESSAGES, 500 MINUTES (could be 1250minutes for $50 a month),

NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS STARTING AT 7PM
, PICK THREE (sort of like T-Mobile's Favorite 5, but instead with three lines), ANDOTHER BELLS AND

WHISTLES

Try doing that on AT&T or Verizon and your bill will be over $100+ dollars a month.

I was coming from Nextel and I was either going to get the Voyager (like you) or the iPhone, but then when I really sat down and thought

about it I won't eve be really using any of those features on those phones most of the time to warrant paying a $100+ a month.

If you think about it and add like $50 to that, you would be able to finance a brand new 2008 Nissan Altima or something.

Cable, Internet, and Phone is less than a $100 a month and I'll be damn if my phone bill cost more than that.

If it is a neccessity and I have to have a phone that warrants that high of a monthly bill then I would most probably have a good paying job to

do so. Not that I'm not getting payed very well right now, but I try to save as much as I can because unlike most kids I don't have

someone/parents that can help me with anything so I pretty much have to do everything on my own.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Neither go with Sprint and get the SERO plan with the Mogul.

I just got that the other day and as much as people complain about Sprint and their customer service it wasn't that bad.

I fixed so things last night when I came home from work and today I will try to port my phone number over from Nextel.

Can't beat $30 a month for UNLIMITED DATA, UNLIMITED TEXT/PICTURE MESSAGES, 500 MINUTES (could be 1250 minutes for $50 a month),

NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS STARTING AT 7PM
, PICK THREE (sort of like T-Mobile's Favorite 5, but instead with three lines), AND OTHER BELLS AND

WHISTLES

Try doing that on AT&T or Verizon and your bill will be over $100+ dollars a month.

I was coming from Nextel and I was either going to get the Voyager (like you) or the iPhone, but then when I really sat down and thought

about it I won't eve be really using any of those features on those phones most of the time to warrant paying a $100+ a month.

If you think about it and add like $50 to that, you would be able to finance a brand new 2008 Nissan Altima or something.

Cable, Internet, and Phone is less than a $100 a month and I'll be damn if my phone bill cost more than that.

If it is a neccessity and I have to have a phone that warrants that high of a monthly bill then I would most probably have a good paying job to

do so. Not that I'm not getting payed very well right now, but I try to save as much as I can because unlike most kids I don't have

someone/parents that can help me with anything so I pretty much have to do everything on my own.
dont make the decision process harder for him

Get SERO, its better than you think. Everytime I say i'm with Sprint people give me the
indifferent.gif
which I then give them the
indifferent.gif
back.

I like having a $28 (corp discount) phone bill while you pay $100+ a month for yours. But to each and his own.

Anyway just get SERO, but whatever you do don't fall into the iPhone hype, I've heard too many stories about how they were blinded by it and now thatreality has hit they don't like it (the 500$ phone bill every month that is).

SERO FTW!!

I don't get how people complain about high phone bills. I'm going to be buying my friends iPhone and the plan he currently has is the $60 plan whichis 450 minutes (more than enough for me since I barely use over 100) and he added the unlimited texting for an extra $20. Everything I need for $80 a month.

I work for ATT but have service with verizon. For the most part I like verizon but i just dont like how the cripple there menu's and bluetooth. Att hasgood service and phones. If its about the phone u can easly find a phone on ebay or craigslist for cheap.

Originally Posted by LeroyVendetta38

I don't get how people complain about high phone bills. I'm going to be buying my friends iPhone and the plan he currently has is the $60 plan which is 450 minutes (more than enough for me since I barely use over 100) and he added the unlimited texting for an extra $20. Everything I need for $80 a month.
You forgot to mention you DON'T have unlimited N/W
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've had Verizon for 6 Years and loved the service. Hated their selection of Phones. I just made the switch to ATT because I wanted the IPhone. Servicedefinately isn't as good as Verizon but not THAT bad.
I also hated that Verizon reprogrammed all their phones with their own stupid software.

Bottom Line:

Verizon: Hands down best reception/service. Limited selection of phones. Not GSM.

ATT: Better selection of phones. Cheaper rates. Service could be better but not that bad.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Originally Posted by LeroyVendetta38

I don't get how people complain about high phone bills. I'm going to be buying my friends iPhone and the plan he currently has is the $60 plan which is 450 minutes (more than enough for me since I barely use over 100) and he added the unlimited texting for an extra $20. Everything I need for $80 a month.
You forgot to mention you DON'T have unlimited N/W
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
5000 N/W mins is close enough..that should be enough for most people . If you go over that you are on the phone WAY TOO MUCH imo.

Back
Top Bottom