stealing debit cards from supposed friends

Yeah, It was wrong on your part.. but I don't think dude should have gotten that upset about talking about hes gonna call the cops or whatever. I would just give him the dub and remove him as your facebook friend because that will show him 
nerd.gif

Listen if I had $%*#@$ up more, like overdrafted, yeah I wouldve covered the difference. I'm not trying to come off as a grimy $%+%, I figured were cool, no problems, so did the other kid. I offered to pay back. I'm not trying to twist the story, this is what happened. Last thing I ever stole was like a bag of chips in lunch in high school. I wouldn't do that to one of my friends or anyone. And yeah we left without any cash. Thought we'd drive out and be back in like two hours. Instead we were getting low on gas and that's all we had; my fault for thinking I had enough to make it. I'm not asking all ya to critique my judgement, I'm asking what to do to just get on with my life and not worry about this kid anymore.

Listen if I had $%*#@$ up more, like overdrafted, yeah I wouldve covered the difference. I'm not trying to come off as a grimy $%+%, I figured were cool, no problems, so did the other kid. I offered to pay back. I'm not trying to twist the story, this is what happened. Last thing I ever stole was like a bag of chips in lunch in high school. I wouldn't do that to one of my friends or anyone. And yeah we left without any cash. Thought we'd drive out and be back in like two hours. Instead we were getting low on gas and that's all we had; my fault for thinking I had enough to make it. I'm not asking all ya to critique my judgement, I'm asking what to do to just get on with my life and not worry about this kid anymore.

Originally Posted by GG23

You said you didn't steal. The thread title says stealing debit cards son. And you don't just offer to pay back you're supposed to pay back no questions asked.

But like I said I would just pay him the 20 and forget about this dude. It was wrong on you're part but he shouldn't be as mad as he is over 20 bucks.

You said you didn't steal. The thread title says stealing debit cards son. And you don't just offer to pay back you're supposed to pay back no questions asked.

But like I said I would just pay him the 20 and forget about this dude. It was wrong on you're part but he shouldn't be as mad as he is over 20 bucks.

Originally Posted by Carver

I said steal cause that's what he's claiming I'm doing. I don't steal anything. That just happened to be our only source of money at the time. I didn't take the card and go on a shopping spree

Originally Posted by Carver

I said steal cause that's what he's claiming I'm doing. I don't steal anything. That just happened to be our only source of money at the time. I didn't take the card and go on a shopping spree

1. I would have at least sent dude a call or a text
2. He is being a bit harsh talking about cops and whatnot....but just pay him his money. I think the whole "breach of security" might be why he is mad. Spotting each other and someone using your card without permission are different things. Then again he left his debit card in other hands so that's his issue as well

I don't steal anything
Yes you did steal from him. If you didnt have his permission then you stole. Dude gave explicit directions for someone to hold his card so that he doesnt spend unnecessarily. By spending that $20 you basically went against his directions. You really should have let him know you used it, making him wait to see it on his balance is messed up.

1. I would have at least sent dude a call or a text
2. He is being a bit harsh talking about cops and whatnot....but just pay him his money. I think the whole "breach of security" might be why he is mad. Spotting each other and someone using your card without permission are different things. Then again he left his debit card in other hands so that's his issue as well

I don't steal anything
Yes you did steal from him. If you didnt have his permission then you stole. Dude gave explicit directions for someone to hold his card so that he doesnt spend unnecessarily. By spending that $20 you basically went against his directions. You really should have let him know you used it, making him wait to see it on his balance is messed up.

Just curious...would you be cool if the same situation happened to you? If someone spent your money unknowingly?

Just curious...would you be cool if the same situation happened to you? If someone spent your money unknowingly?

Spotting each other and someone using your card without permission are different things
indeed.
It's funny how you're the one being petty about his conduct when clearly you're the one in the wrong... you have ZERO say in how he should be reacting.

I can only imagine how you'd react if someone you thought was a friend charged something to your credit/debit card and didn't tell you about it. Don't you think you'd feel a bit betrayed?

Spotting each other and someone using your card without permission are different things
indeed.
It's funny how you're the one being petty about his conduct when clearly you're the one in the wrong... you have ZERO say in how he should be reacting.

I can only imagine how you'd react if someone you thought was a friend charged something to your credit/debit card and didn't tell you about it. Don't you think you'd feel a bit betrayed?

Originally Posted by 916kings

What yall should have done was call and ask him if you guys could pull out $20 for gas. Im sure he would be like "whatever just pay me back etc.."
If my "friends" used my card without my permission and never even told me about it, you better believe I would be flipping out too. I would be more hurt

because I would think they were stealing from me. I would lose you guys quick. Some of you are like, "Its only $20" but its the principle! If he never checked his bank statement, 

would you have told him? Probably not.  
I swear we are the same..

tongue.gif

Originally Posted by 916kings

What yall should have done was call and ask him if you guys could pull out $20 for gas. Im sure he would be like "whatever just pay me back etc.."
If my "friends" used my card without my permission and never even told me about it, you better believe I would be flipping out too. I would be more hurt

because I would think they were stealing from me. I would lose you guys quick. Some of you are like, "Its only $20" but its the principle! If he never checked his bank statement, 

would you have told him? Probably not.  
I swear we are the same..

tongue.gif

why dont you have a debit card? or a credit card? the person driving should have one to put some gass in the car. sounds like he needs to replace you as a friend broke 2$#%
laugh.gif

why dont you have a debit card? or a credit card? the person driving should have one to put some gass in the car. sounds like he needs to replace you as a friend broke 2$#%
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

indeed.

I'd collect my money and move on. Then again I wouldn't leave any of my money with anyone. I didn't meet this kid last month, we've been cool for four years and my friend had known him for much longer. I'm a lot more laxed a person then i guess I should be. I know there's a fine line between spotting and taking, but this wasn't my intentions. Think what you all want, that's the story.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

indeed.

I'd collect my money and move on. Then again I wouldn't leave any of my money with anyone. I didn't meet this kid last month, we've been cool for four years and my friend had known him for much longer. I'm a lot more laxed a person then i guess I should be. I know there's a fine line between spotting and taking, but this wasn't my intentions. Think what you all want, that's the story.

real %++% i think all 3 of you are lame

you and your man knew that was his card his name is right on it.. ya'll didn't "forget", you betrayed his trust, it's only 20 but it's little things like that that make people not trust you.

and your other homie is corny as hell for threatening to call the police over 20.. what kinda %++% is that? then he's trying to blackmail you over 20 which is even dumber.. smh.

whole story digusts me

real %++% i think all 3 of you are lame

you and your man knew that was his card his name is right on it.. ya'll didn't "forget", you betrayed his trust, it's only 20 but it's little things like that that make people not trust you.

and your other homie is corny as hell for threatening to call the police over 20.. what kinda %++% is that? then he's trying to blackmail you over 20 which is even dumber.. smh.

whole story digusts me

Back
Top Bottom