STEEL CITY (Pittsburgh) NT'ers STAND UP!!!

Nice, u all got a great view. When i was a youngun everyone was up mt wash bumpin systems. Haha times change maybe. Im off mcknight rd.

Guess the "orangcounty chopper" bandwagon is still rollin. Nice up there. Im mid/late 30s and still have yet to ride that incline. I dont really trust that thing.

Nice, love ur "today's wear" pics. very clean kicks. U mind if i shoot u a pm sometime next couple days?
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!  You're more than welcome to PM me any time...
Guess the "orangcounty chopper" bandwagon is still rollin. Nice up there. Im mid/late 30s and still have yet to ride that incline. I dont really trust that thing.
That was one of the first things me and the wife did when we moved to PGH last year.  It was definitely worth the time.  The view on the way up and down reminds me of the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway in Southern California.  For what it's worth, I saw they shut one of them down last week for routine maintenance (can't remember which one it was) so they do keep it up.  I know what you mean though - those things are OLD!
Nice flints btw, wish I could find a clean pair for a reasonable price
Thanks - I just love the look on these, and the quality is insane!!! They're getting harder and harder to find in good condition.  I always see some on eBay, but they're usually pretty beat - and these show wear/dirt very, very easily...

Javier

Last edited:
too many shoes dropn from now til the 31st. had to make a list.

wishlist
  1. blk/blue shaq attaq (tweekn)
  2. blk/blue cj81 (if i dont get shaqs or mutombos)
  3. adidas mutombo ($105 nuff said)
  4. nike weatherman foam (cost a lil too much)
  5. nike revis ale brown camo

Last edited:
I've only been here since last July and I still get lost. These roads are so confusing and poorly designed

^My favorite is 579/279 (insert 3 random numbers here) when you get into downtown. If you're someone new who is relying on the signs on the Fort Pitt bridge for guidance... Good luck.

Javier

From McKeesport
too many shoes dropn from now til the 31st. had to make a list.

wishlist
  1. blk/blue shaq attaq (tweekn)
  2. blk/blue cj81 (if i dont get shaqs or mutombos)
  3. adidas mutombo ($105 nuff said)
  4. nike weatherman foam (cost a lil too much)
  5. nike revis ale brown camo
Im torn on getting another pair of flyknit Lunar's or the Mutombo's. The flyknits maybe the most comfortable pair of shoes I've had, but the Mutombo's are a great looking shoe. If I get through on the presale tomorrow I'll probably go with the Mutombo's, but I'm not sure how thats going to go.

Last edited:
From McKeesport
Im torn on getting another pair of flyknit Lunar's or the Mutombo's. The flyknits maybe the most comfortable pair of shoes I've had, but the Mutombo's are a great looking shoe. If I get through on the presale tomorrow I'll probably go with the Mutombo's, but I'm not sure how thats going to go.
how is that presale going to work? i need more none nike in my shoe rotation. shaq are a must if i get em.

how is that presale going to work? i need more none nike in my shoe rotation. shaq are a must if i get em.
Supposedly theyre supposed to send the link tomorrow. I registered my work email, and never got the confirmation on it like I did with my home email. So I'm hoping this comes over in a timely manner, but Im not feeling confident about it.

^My favorite is 579/279 (insert 3 random numbers here) when you get into downtown. If you're someone new who is relying on the signs on the Fort Pitt bridge for guidance... Good luck.

Javier
Oh yes. Coming from north, i would get out to Oakland in no time but for the life of me couldndt figure out how to come back the same way. One day i took a turn and was introduced to 579. Haha which of course is 279 i guess. Ft Pitt bridge/tunnel alone is either a stroke of genius or a complete malfunction.

LOL, I was at Footaction yesterday and the salesman asked me if I had seen the latest Air Max Speed Turfs. I told him I had some really good memories of that shoe, and how I really beat my first pair into the ground in 1995. He looked at me, and said "Man, I was born in 1995." And that's when it hit me - I'M OLD!!!

Javier

No doubt. I was out lookin for a pair of shadow 1s at monroeville mall on release day. Found a pair at the footaction there and the kid was talkin how the mids were better and bring the real classic look. I had an internal chuckle and said, well u know when i was 10 i got a pair of royals for early xmas present. they were my first pair of Jordans and seems to me like the og hi is more classic like my 85 pair was. Dude was like wow u had old original jordans. Haha i mean i was 10 u know but i have to thank him for making me feel like a classic.

i turn 29 on sunday and its been 21 years since my first pair of J's.
some of these kids in the game really crack me up.
this kid walked up to me at the convention last saturday and was about to try n convince his dad to spend $800 on my db6s. he couldnt have been older then 12. my mom would have laughed in my face and my dad would have broke my leg if i asked for that

I just turned 30 in May...first pair of Jays I ever had (that I can remember) were the bred 11s in 96...saw em on the wall at reed sports in green tree n loved em, my dad got em for me and I wore the **** out of em.

Wish I took care of my shoes as a kid and knew better

Last edited:
Mine was the original 92 Olympic 7. I don't remember when my mom bought em but I do remember thinking I could jump higher and hanging them on the wall by the heel pull lol. My friend used to get all the hot kicks when the 11 dropped and my broke *** didn't get any.

My first pair was unc 10s back in 95 from just for feet in Nashville tn. On sale too. Had a no fear shirt to match them lol for back to school. Crazy how most these kids today into sneakers weren't even born yet.

Last edited:
Lmao @ no fear shirt I remember that brand

I find it hilarious with these kids in the game but I guess they gotta start some where right? My son has been fresh for years but that's cuz his dad is a sneaker head... Not cuz it's what's cool. He been doing this **** since he was in diapers lol

Back
Top Bottom