STEEL CITY (Pittsburgh) NT'ers STAND UP!!!

Jaywalking seems to be an amateur sport in downtown Pittsburgh. I say amateur because the people here are TERRIBLE at it. I've lived in New York City, L.A., New Orleans, and Dallas - never have I seen a general population that doesn't care whether they have the right to walk into a street full of cars, and then acts offended if the moving cars that have the right of way don't stop to allow them to meander aimlessly through busy streets.

Ok, thanks for reading. I had to get that out.

Javier

I know I'm asking a lot here, but more than 2 wears would have been nice before the 23 started cracking on these 2011 Concords...

Javier

I just turned 30 in May...first pair of Jays I ever had (that I can remember) were the bred 11s in 96...saw em on the wall at reed sports in green tree n loved em, my dad got em for me and I wore the **** out of em.

Wish I took care of my shoes as a kid and knew better
Reeds used to carry kicks like that? Haha that pretty dope, I always just saw it as the place I grabbed football equipment. They do/did have legit older kicks cold chilling in there.
And jay-walking is an art lol. Gotta read the lights, time the traffic :wink:

Staying in Crafton area at the moment. Reeds in Greentree was on point back in the day. I remember copping Retro 5's and Jordan 15 lows back in 2000. Damn i miss those days.

i turn 29 on sunday and its been 21 years since my first pair of J's.
some of these kids in the game really crack me up.
this kid walked up to me at the convention last saturday and was about to try n convince his dad to spend $800 on my db6s. he couldnt have been older then 12. my mom would have laughed in my face and my dad would have broke my leg if i asked for that
Lol i was probably about 12 when the 2s came out and safe to say i never got them at 100 a pop. 65 wads alot for shoes in 85 but price increases since have been crazy. Now that its a collectibles business forget it.

Jaywalking seems to be an amateur sport in downtown Pittsburgh. I say amateur because the people here are TERRIBLE at it. I've lived in New York City, L.A., New Orleans, and Dallas - never have I seen a general population that doesn't care whether they have the right to walk into a street full of cars, and then acts offended if the moving cars that have the right of way don't stop to allow them to meander aimlessly through busy streets.

Ok, thanks for reading. I had to get that out.

Javier
Hahaha i like to think this city has delusions of grandeur like we are nyc in our minds. Win some titles and film some bigtime movies here and its just gettin worse. Ive lived here all my life, interesting to see people landing here when it seems most are jumping ship or atleast want to.

If I can give any advice, it's to never jay walk in Daytona Beach Florida
Btw love the tatt. Ive noticed it around the boards. I have family that moved to Orlando years ago and thought about makin the same move. For some reason though to and no dis intended but when i see that i replay in my head that game when Ben dives and basically fumbles the ball before the goal line. Not only did the official call a td but basically a dolphin recovered the fumble. Thats clearly one of the worst calls i ever personally seen.

New arrivals. I love these shoes. Easily became my favorites from the moment I tried them on. Ended up buying the wolf grey pair lunar flyknits and the Mutombo's today. I'm done until October 12 when the x's come out. I'm doing a 5k that day so I hope I can cop from my phone

That was a few years ago if we are thinking the same game. And I agree it was one of the worst calls in history... Aside from the one last year with the Packers and the sea hawks, replacement refs game. That steelers / dolphins game had me pissed for a while lol

Has anyone been to the Nike Stores in Grove City or Washington lately?  Will be passing through next week and was wondering if there was anything decent available at the moment.

Last edited:
Reeds used to carry kicks like that? Haha that pretty dope, I always just saw it as the place I grabbed football equipment. They do/did have legit older kicks cold chilling in there.
And jay-walking is an art lol. Gotta read the lights, time the traffic
wink.gif
lol yea, I dunno what happened to em tho, thats the only pair of shoes I ever got there

Last edited:
Neither has been great for kicks all summer. Grove city usually has some nice clothes. Got a polamalu authentic nike jersey for 45 last time I was there and they always have some nice tees/polos. Tanger really hasn't had anything since around February. Only thing shoe I bought there all summer was some fireberry kobe vii's and some lunarglides

Neither has been great for kicks all summer. Grove city usually has some nice clothes. Got a polamalu authentic nike jersey for 45 last time I was there and they always have some nice tees/polos. Tanger really hasn't had anything since around February. Only thing shoe I bought there all summer was some fireberry kobe vii's and some lunarglides
Thanks for the info. I'll be passing by both and will likely stop in. Maybe I'll get lucky and they reload for Labour Day/Back To School!  Was hoping to find some Lebron X Wind Chills.

Has anyone been to the Nike Stores in Grove City or Washington lately?  Will be passing through next week and was wondering if there was anything decent available at the moment.
i was a grove city saturday, didnt see anything good really. i usually can find some lunars or airmax there to grab for work shoes, but i left empty handed. place was super packed too

1st pair of J's i remember buying was the OG J11 cool grey circa 2001.i was about 16/17. had to get all my J's myself.

copped them Adidas mutombos 2day.

Last edited:
My 1st js were fr v's. the 1st pair I feel in love with was my playoff viii's in middle school.

Speaking of "old"... These came in today. Brings back a lot of memories - one of my favorite movies as a kid!

Javier

Speaking of "old"... These came in today. Brings back a lot of memories - one of my favorite movies as a kid!

Javier

Nice, real clean

And I'm glad I didn't waste my time and gas driving to the outlets. Was thinkin about doin that for back to school shopping but chose to stay within the limits of the city

Javier
Hahaha i never actually watched it but do they help u run faster and jump higher? I remember when i thought my shoes could do that.

All the retro releases are crazy. Just about every signature shoe i can remember has come out. Ive been out of touch but wonder if the converse weapons made a comeback at all. Id wear em proudly.

I'm waiting for the Weapons and also the Aero Jams AKA the Larry Johnson "Grandmamas". I can't believe they haven't brought those back!!!

Javier

Last edited:
... And yes, the P.F. Flyers do make you run faster and jump higher. It says so right on the insole... Guaranteed! :tongue:

Javier

I'm waiting for the Weapons and also the Aero Jams AKA the Larry Johnson "Grandmamas". I can't believe they haven't brought those back!!!

Javier
def need dem aero jams. an the demin cons uk wore wen antoine walker an tony delk won chip.

Back
Top Bottom