Stephen A. Smith Wylin

That's my family in a nutshell.

Especially my mom, but she's not like that with my sisters.

Never asked her for nothing though. Me and the wife saved and paid off out school loans, paid our own wedding, bought all our own cars, and recently bought the nicest house out of any of our family.

I know it irks her that she can't throw helping us in our face, but man it feels great. Her other favorite children aren't amounting to much even though she constantly bails them out or helps them financially.

The entire Caitlyn Clark discourse is a **** show

A lot of people have a lot of simple fair takes about her.

And they present those takes in the most deranged way possible

You obviously didn't listen to the whole thing :lol:

Plus Monica was back on there this morning.

Politics as usual champ. Of course he’s not going to drop her from the show for obvious reasons……he has bosses to answer to.

Also, who wants to be apart of another Me 2 movement. Good strategy by him. That being said he said what he really wanted to say about her and the situation on his podcast for a reason.

Thought the whole thing was Callous you got SAS and Shannon double teaming Monica about a topic she clearly knows more about.

WNBA should get covered more but it doesn’t and the fact they was talking about one play and not the other let alone the game speaks volumes. Terrible precedent to send . If Caitlyn Clark don’t get bullied there really ain’t no story.

She’s still adjusting.

Juju has a way better game and I’ll be surprised if she gets the same coverage and love from fans when she makes the jump.

Too bad the Valkyries is coming into existence too soon for them to have her as a lock.

Sports in America are driven by personalities. I know there are racial undertones to the WNBA discussion but it's the case with all sports.
MLS players understand that Messi will get the most coverage and that eyes in the US are on the sport because of him. If another player came out and said you should have covered us 3 years ago or you are watching MLS because of me too that person would also get some pushback.

BTW not defending Stephen "magA" Smith either.

WNBA should get covered more but it doesn’t

should it?

I think the women's basketball gets coverage that is totally commensurate with it's popularity level.

it was less popular in the past people covered it less, it's more popular now, people cover it more.

like is the idea there was some kind of conspiracy against WNBA coverage?

should it?

I think the women's basketball gets coverage that is totally commensurate with it's popularity level.

it was less popular in the past people covered it less, it's more popular now, people cover it more.

like is the idea there was some kind of conspiracy against WNBA coverage?
Never once said anything about conspiracy.

What comp does the wnba have from Father’s Day until July? That’s a whole month that even sports writers call the struggle months bc no major sport is running at that time outside of the dog months of baseball.

So why not cover it more if at the least during those months?

I’ll wait.

What comp does the wnba have from Father’s Day until July? That’s a whole month that even sports writers call the struggle months bc no major sport is running at that time outside of the dog months of baseball.

So why not cover it more if at the least during those months?

I’ll wait.

Because it's not a very popular sport and not that many people watch it?

So your saying that it shouldn’t get any coverage even when nothing else is going on?
Well it get a a little bit of coverage or like the playoffs or whatever.

But no generally niche sports with small fanbases don't often get coverage national sports networks.

Like MLS doesn't get huge amounts of coverage either. I'm pretty sure that's more popular than the WNBA.

Well it get a a little bit of coverage or like the playoffs or whatever.

But no generally niche sports with small fanbases don't often get coverage national sports networks.

Like MLS doesn't get huge amounts of coverage either. I'm pretty sure that's more popular than the WNBA.
MLS don’t get coverage bc it doesn’t have a deal in place anymore with ESPN where as the WNBA does and who is also backed by the NBA

Not the same situation at all.

ESPN can do more easily and it would help.

There is no reason not too

MLS don’t get coverage bc it doesn’t have a deal in place anymore with ESPN where as the WNBA does and who is also backed by the NBA

yah but they did, and when they did have a deal they didn't really cover MLS that much on national sports talk programs. because it wasn't that popular.

look if you're a saying they should cover the WNBA more because it's good to support women's sports sure I can agree.

but that would be different than how ESPN normally acts,
ESPN normally covers the most popular things, and run those things into the ground. Cowboys, Lakers, NFL, Lebron, ect.

they spam the most popular topics.

That ****ing thing where people hold any slight thing they did for you over your head is disgusting.

Sad thing is he doesn't get how wild it is to say that.

He must have his comments off to not see how that was received to come back again and say it on yesterdays show. It's like how Skip follows no one on twitter.

Instead of having a segment everyday on the sorry *** Cowboys, they could easily devote 5 minutes of that time to baseball or the WNBA. Viewers wouldn't drop that much.

Monica mcnutt ain’t some unknown that dude plucked from obscurity

SAS acting like people only heard of her because of him just exemplifies his ignorance and ego

It's like during a battle rap where you downplay the other person's relevancy:lol:

That's my family in a nutshell.

Especially my mom, but she's not like that with my sisters.

Never asked her for nothing though. Me and the wife saved and paid off out school loans, paid our own wedding, bought all our own cars, and recently bought the nicest house out of any of our family.

I know it irks her that she can't throw helping us in our face, but man it feels great. Her other favorite children aren't amounting to much even though she constantly bails them out or helps them financially.
Username checks out :lol:
But definitely a great feeling when you’ve gotten it yourself.

Instead of having a segment everyday on the sorry *** Cowboys, they could easily devote 5 minutes of that time to baseball or the WNBA. Viewers wouldn't drop that much.

Not trying to argue but if this were true, you don't think they would do this? Not just with the WNBA but with any sport replacing one of the higher rated segments.

If people showed that they wanted to see a certain thing, the numbers would show and the company would act accordingly.

Also, 5 mins is a long time to have to watch something you have no interest in.

Not trying to argue but if this were true, you don't think they would do this? Not just with the WNBA but with any sport replacing one of the higher rated segments.

If people showed that they wanted to see a certain thing, the numbers would show and the company would act accordingly.

Also, 5 mins is a long time to have to watch something you have no interest in.

I'm sure many of us don't care about the Cowboys or Lebron, but we mute it and come back when it's a more interesting segment.

I'm sure many of us don't care about the Cowboys or Lebron, but we mute it and come back when it's a more interesting segment.

Yea we (as individuals) don't care but if any Lakers/Duke/LeBronze/Cowboys segments have routinely been the higher rated segments on these shows, why would they just sprinkle in coverage of other sports just cause?

I know you know these fools track every minute and what viewership is like during each segment.

TV is already struggling to keep viewers as it is so when people make claims like McNutt (and others) have made I think they have lost touch with how this stuff works.

They weren't covering the WNBA as much because they don't have the data to support covering it more will lead to more viewers.

Yea we (as individuals) don't care but if any Lakers/Duke/LeBronze/Cowboys segments have routinely been the higher rated segments on these shows, why would they just sprinkle in coverage of other sports just cause?

I know you know these fools track every minute and what viewership is like during each segment.

TV is already struggling to keep viewers as it is so when people make claims like McNutt (and others) have made I think they have lost touch with how this stuff works.

They weren't covering the WNBA as much because they don't have the data to support covering it more will lead to more viewers.

Do you think most of the public are Cowboys or Lebron fans or not? They might have the largest fanbase, but it doesn't outweigh the non fans of those teams. Why would a Giants, Eagles, Steelers or Bears fan want to hear about Dallas?

ESPN trust the rest of us not to change the channel hearing Get Up or First Take talk about Micah, Dak or Jerry in the middle of May, but they don't trust us to do the same with WNBA, tennis, hockey or baseball? It really doesn't add up, and it's more what they choose to cover. NBC covers gymnastics during prime time. You can't devote a minute or two to acknowledge the greatest women's gymnast?

Most people being fans of The Popular teams isn't the correct question to ask.

The correct question is simple. Which topics would cause the highest number people to tune into my channel.

It is honestly supply and demand.

This is a worldwide entity, not a regional one.

Again, not trying to argue but they highlight the things that people have proven to tune in for. Nothing more, nothing less.

Steelers, Beara, Packers fans can tune into Sports Talk Radio.

Back
Top Bottom