Steve Jobs just resigned

Originally Posted by ksteezy

How do I go about buying into their stocks?...school me.
1) Change your sig.

2) Open an account with an online brokerage company.

3) Transfer money into aforementioned account.

4) Purchase desired shares in APPL stock.

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by JayInfamous22

Brooooo. I thought i was the only one!
nerd.gif
What are you goofballs talking about?

Some stuff that doesn't exist
laugh.gif

exists in my world 
grin.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

1) Change your sig.

What does my sig have to do with anything?...lol

1) Change your sig.

Cause you're not getting rich if you didn't know how to buy stocks??
laugh.gif
 idk

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Besides Apple?! Do you know how many fields Apple encompasses? Aesthetics, graphics, OS, music, digital sales, portable storage...

This guy was involved in everything Apple produced in the past decade plus. He is the visionary. He came back and the company soared.

And every single one of those fields you mentioned, was merely refined--"enhanced"--by Jobs, for a purpose of pushing a product.

This would be a whole 'nother conversation if he was the source, the point of inception, of these fields. Only then would he be worthy of the title "renaissance man".

But he was not.

He's a savvy business man, and a noted--perhaps, even celebrated--inventor, I'll give him that. (Credit is due where earned). But he hasn't revolutionized humanity--consciousness, thought, interaction, etc. You'd be a fool to objectively think otherwise.

I don't think you know what it means to be "Renaissance man".
You don't have to invent a slew of things to be a renaissance man, you just have to be well versed and knowledgeable on a wide range of subjects.

Jobs certainly fits the bill.

eyes.gif

Neither you nor I knows what bill Jobs fits.

All those fields previously mentioned are not to his credit. Being CEO of a company that is doing excellent, business wise, merely implies that you're a savvy business man. Remember, Apple is COMPANY--a business complex which is NOT greater than it's individual parts (the hundreds of engineers, artists, programmers, etc). The success of Apple is moreso testament to their (the aforementioned engineers, artists, programmers...etc) collective geniuses than it is to Jobs individual genius as a supposed virtuoso in every single one of those fields previously mentioned by Hankmoody.

Also, being a "visionary" alone does NOT warrant the title "renaissance man." Hell, I'm a visionary (to a certain extent). So are are you (to a certain extent), and so are millions of other people in the world. Are they all then "renaissance [men]"?

Like I said, if y'all are gonna sit there and act like Steve Jobs is some generational renaissance man, then it's only respectable to begin the discussion with Bill Gates. Hell lets bring the U.S government into that discussion (thanks for the internetz) or the dude that invented the computer.

Being well versed in multiple disciplines is not alone enough to be a renaissance man; the true testament of a renaissance man is one who has used that diverse knowledge to revolutionize human thinking. That's the part y'all fail to realize. Jobs hasn't revolutionized human thinking. And if he has, then he was predated in the revolution by Gates, etc.

W/E though, It was silly of me to question y'alls messiah knowing how you fanboys get...carry on, I'll refrain from my Debby Downer-ness and browse about elsewhere...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cornzilla

1) Change your sig.

Cause you're not getting rich if you didn't know how to buy stocks??
laugh.gif
 idk
Pretty much 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by vincecarterwut

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Originally Posted by JD214

Some stuff that doesn't exist
laugh.gif

exists in my world 
grin.gif
nerd.gif

mine too... some of ya'll chalk too much upto "coincidences"

So I'm assuming your "theory" is that the illuminati took out Steve, because... why?

Originally Posted by onewearz

23210-no_android_users_happier.jpg

im gonna cosign this. i just copped an iphone 4 but now i def am gonna cop a droid bionic OR galaxy s2, its a wrap for apple lol.

tim cook is this guy btw.

cook1.jpg

MAD props to jobs tho. Dude took a trash company and made it into an empire. oh yea, then theres pixar.

I don't think you know what it means to be a "Renaissance man".

eyes.gif

Neither you nor I knows what bill Jobs fits.

All those fields previously mentioned are not to his credit. Being CEO of a company that is doing excellent, business wise, merely implies that you're a savvy business man. Remember, Apple is COMPANY--a business complex which is NOT greater than it's individual parts (the hundreds of engineers, artists, programmers, etc). The success of Apple is moreso testament to their (the aforementioned engineers, artists, programmers...etc) collective geniuses than it is to Jobs individual genius as a supposed virtuoso in every single one of those fields previously mentioned by Hankmoody.

Also, being a "visionary" alone does NOT warrant the title "renaissance man." Hell, I'm a visionary (to a certain extent). So are are you (to a certain extent), and so are millions of other people in the world. Are they all then "renaissance [men]"?

Like I said, if y'all are gonna sit there and act like Steve Jobs is some generational renaissance man, then it's only respectable to begin the discussion with Bill Gates. Hell lets bring the U.S government into that discussion (thanks for the internetz) or the dude that invented the computer.

Being well versed in multiple disciplines is not alone enough to be a renaissance man; the true testament of a renaissance man is one who has used that diverse knowledge to revolutionize human thinking. That's the part y'all fail to realize. Jobs hasn't revolutionized human thinking. And if he has, then he was predated in the revolution by Gates, etc.

W/E though, It was silly of me to question y'alls messiah knowing how you fanboys get...
laugh.gif

Only way to get rich is by buying into stocks?....werd!...

Foreverbroke.

Not at all but if you're in your mid twenties or older, asking how to "buy into their stocks"...odds aren't great.
Well paying job, sure. Upper middle class, no doubt...but rich...and you don't know how capital markets work? 

You got a ways to go.

No shots fired. Just real talk.

the man is obviously sick and wants to live a less stressful life, probably for his health. Props to him and for what he has done.

As long as the iPhone 5 is still releasing in October for Verizon, I'll be happy.

Spoiler [+]
I hope Jobs gets his health in order, dude is a revolutionary
pimp.gif
, and I'm a Windows user.

You paraphrase a wiki definition and you have the nerve to say I don't know the definition, chile please...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Wiki?
Fam that was off the head. No need to Wiki a term I've grasped since my elementary school years.

You searching Wiki now to play down the fact that you were talking out of your butt? 
laugh.gif

Let it go man...

Foreverbroke.

Not at all but if you're in your mid twenties or older, asking how to "buy into their stocks"...odds aren't great.
Well paying job, sure. Upper middle class, no doubt...but rich...and you don't know how capital markets work? 

You got a ways to go.

You taking my sig way too literal man...is just a sig.But to say that the only way to be wealthy is by investing in stocks is kinda silly man...you can be an entrepeneur with the right idea and not know a damn thing about stocks and be rich...you can also manage your money right and work your *!! off...

Foreverbroke.

You got a ways to go.

You taking my sig way too literal man...is just a sig.But to say that the only way to be wealthy is by investing in stocks is kinda silly man...you can be an entrepeneur with the right idea and not know a damn thing about stocks and be rich...you can also manage your money right and work your *!! off...
I was just joking breh, like I said its not the only way to get rich...you can win the lotto and be rich overnight. But in order to be a successful entrepreneur or to manage your money to rich status, you're still going to need to know about the stock market. Word to IPOs and 401ks.

Apple will be fine in the long run, but it's hard to see them maintaining the growth they've had the past 5-10 years, obviously. Staying ahead of the curve is going to be tough; they're going to need to make some changes, and IMO one is they're going to have to reduce the prices on their products eventually.

Back
Top Bottom