Steve Jobs just resigned

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

Why is anyone saying why? Dude has been sick...

edit: When you take a minute and think how much this man has done... I mean he's a co-founder of PIXAR and that's not even in the second or third line of sentence of his career. Revolutionary renaissance man.

A renaissance man?

Stop it.

Jobs has done quite well for himself, but he's not touching the Newton's and the Da Vinci's, not even close.

I called him a renaissance man; those are just the two of the most famous ones. Look up the definition.

Don't respond.

I obviously wouldn't have questioned you if I was oblivious to the title of "renaissance man."...
eyes.gif

Besides Apple (which he co-founded) and Pixar, what has Jobs done? Go ahead, humor me.

Heck, Bill Gates is worthy of that title moreso than Jobs. The windows platform has had a greater, and revolutionary, impact of the world than the OSX platform, and I own a mac...
laugh.gif

But go 'head, humor me...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Chairman of the Board of Directors?
I believe that's the next step up from CEO. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Completely different roles. Chairman is far more advisory; CEO is THE decision-maker. Plus, how would it look if the BoD was completely undermining the CEO? Not good.

A renaissance man?
Stop it.
Jobs has done quite well for himself, but he's not touching the Newton's and the Da Vinci's, not even close.
 I called him a renaissance man; those are just the two of the most famous ones. Look up the definition.
 Don't respond.
I obviously wouldn't have questioned you if I was oblivious to the title of "renaissance man."...
eyes.gif

Besides Apple (which he co-founded) and Pixar, what has Jobs done? Go ahead, humor me.
Heck, Bill Gates is worthy of that title moreso than Jobs. The windows platform has had a greater, and revolutionary, impact of the world than the OSX platform, and I own a mac...
laugh.gif

But go 'head, humor me...
grin.gif

bull %+@*

^ theres the start of your modern day computer right there, and it didnt come from microsoft

Besides Apple?! Do you know how many fields Apple encompasses? Aesthetics, graphics, OS, music, digital sales, portable storage...

This guy was involved in everything Apple produced in the past decade plus. He is the visionary. He came back and the company soared.

He needs some a well deserved rest. Hope he gets better.

The market lost its best CEO.

AAPL down 5 percent, I can see stocks plummeting to about 300-320 a share when markets open....

Besides Apple?! Do you know how many fields Apple encompasses? Aesthetics, graphics, OS, music, digital sales, portable storage...

This guy was involved in everything Apple produced in the past decade plus. He is the visionary. He came back and the company soared.

And every single one of those fields you mentioned, was merely refined--"enhanced"--by Jobs, for a purpose of pushing a product.

This would be a whole 'nother conversation if he was the source, the point of inception, of these fields. Only then would he be worthy of the title "renaissance man".

But he was not.

He's a savvy business man, and a noted--perhaps, even celebrated--inventor, I'll give him that. (Credit is due where earned). But he hasn't revolutionized humanity--consciousness, thought, interaction, etc. You'd be a fool to objectively think otherwise.

And every single one of those fields you mentioned, was merely refined--"enhanced"--by Jobs, for a purpose of pushing a product.

This would be a whole 'nother conversation if he was the source, the point of inception, of these fields. Only then would he be worthy of the title "renaissance man".

But he was not.

He's a savvy business man, and a noted--perhaps, even celebrated--inventor, I'll give him that. (Credit is due where earned). But he hasn't revolutionized humanity--consciousness, thought, interaction, etc. You'd be a fool to objectively think otherwise.

I don't think you know what it means to be "Renaissance man".
You don't have to invent a slew of things to be a renaissance man, you just have to be well versed and knowledgeable on a wide range of subjects.

Jobs certainly fits the bill.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

But he was not.

I don't think you know what it means to be "Renaissance man".
You don't have to invent a slew of things to be a renaissance man, you just have to be well versed and knowledgeable on a wide range of subjects.

Jobs certainly fits the bill.

on top of that, this is what the "internet" thinks of a "renaissance man"

A man who has broad intellectual interests and is accomplished in areas of both the arts and the sciences.

now go back to that video i posted LUKEwarm Skywalker and then think of what computers were like before that... "arts and the sciences"

Can't wait to see what the market looks like at opening tomorrow. Gon def test the waters in this game

Back
Top Bottom