Steve Nash & Andre Miller APPRECIATION vol. Father Time no longer pitching a perfect game.

darthska

Staff member
What these two are doing at their age is simply phenomenal.

Yeah, there are other old guys in the league, like Kidd, Lebron*, Hill, etc., but they are nowhere near as productive as Nash and Dre.

smokin.gif

* I'll remove his name when I see a birth certificate.
Spoiler [+]
Caaaaalm down, Xta. It's just jokes. Laugh, dammit.
laugh.gif

Or not.
laugh.gif

Well I'm impressed, even if they're not dunking all over people.

Andre Lloyd Miller 
pimp.gif

Wish he could finish his career in DEN but he wants to start and I can't blame him. 

His game against Philly this year
sick.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I bet Iguodala still thinks about it.

I was never a fan of Andre Miller,

Nash on the other hand, I've liked dude since I was little and I still do (NH),

Sad to see that he'll probably never win a Championship.
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JD214

I was never a fan of Andre Miller,

Nash on the other hand, I've liked dude since I was little and I still do (NH),

Sad to see that he'll probably never win a Championship.
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

you can blame Robert Horry for that 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

nash-horry.jpg

(if embed doesn't work = )

Andre Miller been underrated. He carried that Portland squad even when the whole city was against him. No surprise that guy is still balling.

His set shot 3 =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Andre Miller's durability is what makes him special. Not the only thing of course but it needs to be noted.

The way Andre Miller plays he could stay in the league til his mid 40's if he wanted to.

I wish the Suns would let Nash go to a contender. I know he doesn't want a trade but at some point dude has to think about a chip.

I would love to see Andre Miller in a Laker uni...We need a PG like that.

As much as Andre wants to be a starter, the only teams that would be decent options for him to go start on would be the Lakers and Knicks. And I don't think either of them have anything that they'd give up that the Nuggets would want.

Nash especially is proving how much longer you can produce the better you take care of your body. The dude's diet routine is no joke.

"Last winter I was talking with a friend about what I needed to do to stay healthy out on the court. (At 35 it’s not getting any easier.) When the topic of nutrition came up, he urged me to go see his naturopath, Dr. Suneil Jain, here in Arizona. Now, I have tons of people looking after my well-being — coaches, doctors, trainers, my wife — so I’m always skeptical about seeking new advice. But I’m glad I went.

Jain pushes a whole-foods diet, one that consists of lots of raw fruits and vegetables. Okay, but I’m not giving up my steak dinner. Then Jain started talking about how important it is to cut sugar out of your diet. What? My first thought was that that would be impossible, but he made a convincing case. Jain told me that the average American eats about 92 grams of sugar a day, when the human body needs only about eight grams for energy, an amount that should always be satisfied through natural sugars from fresh fruits, vegetables, and grains. Refined sugars, he told me, impair your immune system. In fact, one teaspoon of refined sugar suppresses our white blood cells for up to six hours, making it a lot easier to catch a cold. I really can’t afford colds during the season, so that’s all I needed to hear: I cut out refined sugars cold turkey. No M&M’s at the movies, no energy bars, no Gatorade — I even had to be more careful when going to Jamba Juice, because sometimes they use sugar-filled juice from concentrate. After a few months, I stopped craving sugar entirely.

The difference was instantaneous: I slept better, I recovered from workouts more easily, and I had more energy. When we started training camp in September, we were doing two-a-days — four or five hours on the court — and I never got sore. Even more telling is the fact that this summer I traveled all over the world for my foundation, bringing team sports to war-ravaged countries. I was missing out on sleep and still training the whole time, but I never got sick. I’ve got to think it’s because sugar wasn’t wearing me down.

No doubt, this lifestyle is not easy — sugar gets sneaked into just about everything, so I have to pack my own food. But it doesn’t bother me, because the way I feel is so worth it." - Steve Nash, 2009

Nash, 37, is in the vanguard of smart eating as his career with the Suns winds down. He won't knowingly put refined sugar in his body, and he works with a naturopath to design the most effective and least inflammatory diet.

Three years ago Nash hooked up with Suneil Jain, a Scottsdale, Ariz., naturopath who believes that most human ailments-not just digestive problems but also fatigue, insomnia and chronic headaches-can be traced to what goes into the body. Jain specializes in a kind of precision nutrition, in which blood is analyzed to see how specific foods affect an individual's body chemistry. As a result of this testing Nash discovered that he's averse to gluten and dairy. The Suns' captain also won't eat salsa, the essential condiment of the Mexican cuisine he adores, because he reacts badly to tomatoes and onions.

Across the locker room, Nash's 39-year-old teammate, Grant Hill, took notice and booked his own appointment with Jain. Hill already had some experience with what's known as applied immunology, or nutrigenomics: Eight years ago, recovering from serious ankle injuries while with the Magic, he consulted Sari Mellman, a Miami nutritionist who has worked with Freeney and dozens of other pro athletes. "I remember my mom once saying that pizza is one of the best foods for you because it has all major food groups," says Hill. "There's so much bad information out there."

Hill's current regimen (limited sugar, lots of whole grains, goji berries instead of strawberries) has him feeling better than ever. "I'm not as sore as I once was," he says. "My first year in the league it was fast food every day. Sugar is the last thing you want when you're 39 and your body needs to recover." -- Sports Illustrated, 2011

On the other hand....
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

On a spring evening at Chicago's United Center, as a Bulls game against the Suns heads into the fourth quarter, point guards Steve Nash and Derrick Rose represent more than the NBA's past and future. Nash, 37, is in the vanguard of smart eating as his career with the Suns winds down. He won't knowingly put refined sugar in his body, and he works with a naturopath to design the most effective and least inflammatory diet. By contrast Rose, 23, who will be named the league's MVP in a few weeks, so loves Skittles that their manufacturer, the Chicago-based Wrigley Company, has given him a personalized vending machine with a complimentary three-year supply. "Everybody's got their poison," Rose once said, "and mine is sugar."

-------

(Rose) passes up the team feeds entirely. (Bulls team chef Steve Jackson) has heard the stories about Rose, such as one told by Robert Dozier, a college teammate at Memphis: The NBA MVP eats candy, pineapple and syrup but "never really eats real food." Jackson has appealed to Rose's mother, Brenda, and his older brother Reggie in hopes of reforming the young star's habits-if only at breakfast, that proverbial most important meal. "If all else fails, just give him a box of Frosted Flakes and a jug of milk," Brenda replied. But the Bulls' chef still hopes for a breakthrough. From debriefing flight attendants on the team charter, he knows that Rose at least picks the chicken off his chicken Caesar salad. And Jackson takes some comfort in knowing that Rose recently hired a personal chef. "Derrick Rose is a fine young man," Jackson says. "He just doesn't know how to eat."

Aside from CP3, Nash & Miller are the only other PGs that can actually play the postion - specifically run an offense. It's sad to see PGs like Jennings, Westbrook, Wall, Holiday not being able to run a half court set consistently...Some of these dudes even have trouble going left...What has the NBA come to?

Nash has always been a favourite of mine, hopefully he can catch on with a contender and get a ring

Originally Posted by psk2310

Aside from CP3, Nash & Miller are the only other PGs that can actually play the postion - specifically run an offense. It's sad to see PGs like Jennings, Westbrook, Wall, Holiday not being able to run a half court set consistently...Some of these dudes even have trouble going left...What has the NBA come to?

Jrue? I don't know about putting him with those other guys. He's got solid fundamentals, doesn't try to do too much and doesn't depend on his athleticism like most the other young point guards. Most his personnel is built towards more of a fast paced offense as well. He also has guys like Iguodala, Lou and Turner who play major minutes and want to set the offense up a lot.

Back
Top Bottom