Stolen Iphone question

So the other night my Iphone 4g was stolen.  I called around to the places I had been that night thinking maybe I dropped it but none of them had found it and when I called the phone it went straight to voicemail.  Normally this would result in me taking the L and moving on.  However, when I purchased the phone I also bought the MobileMe addon so I figured I could pull an Antoine Dodson and find this fool with the GPS tracker.  I log into my account and to my dismay it tells me I have no phones registered to my account.  Strange since to activate the account you need to enter the serial number on the phone.  Thinking back I remember the phone that was stolen was my 2nd Iphone 4.  The original one I had registered to the account had to be swapped out on the second day of me owning it for a new Iphone.  When I did this at the Apple store I specifically asked the lady "Did you transfer my warranty and MobileMe account to the new phone?".  She responded yes and I confirmed with "So everything is good to go?".  Yes.
Now in hindsight that obviously wasn't the case as there is no record of the new phone on my account which is preventing me from tracking down and finding my Iphone.  Obviously I'm not looking to throw down $600 for a new one.  So NT the question is:
Do I have a case if I complain to Apple for a new phone or at least a large discount given they are unable to provide me with the services they garunteed when I paid the extra $100 for the MobileMe account?

Cliffs:
-Iphone 4g stolen
-Was informed by Apple Employee that extended Warranty and MobileMe had been registered to phone
-Was not actually registered to phone
-Is this grounds to complain for new phone/discount

So the other night my Iphone 4g was stolen.  I called around to the places I had been that night thinking maybe I dropped it but none of them had found it and when I called the phone it went straight to voicemail.  Normally this would result in me taking the L and moving on.  However, when I purchased the phone I also bought the MobileMe addon so I figured I could pull an Antoine Dodson and find this fool with the GPS tracker.  I log into my account and to my dismay it tells me I have no phones registered to my account.  Strange since to activate the account you need to enter the serial number on the phone.  Thinking back I remember the phone that was stolen was my 2nd Iphone 4.  The original one I had registered to the account had to be swapped out on the second day of me owning it for a new Iphone.  When I did this at the Apple store I specifically asked the lady "Did you transfer my warranty and MobileMe account to the new phone?".  She responded yes and I confirmed with "So everything is good to go?".  Yes.
Now in hindsight that obviously wasn't the case as there is no record of the new phone on my account which is preventing me from tracking down and finding my Iphone.  Obviously I'm not looking to throw down $600 for a new one.  So NT the question is:
Do I have a case if I complain to Apple for a new phone or at least a large discount given they are unable to provide me with the services they garunteed when I paid the extra $100 for the MobileMe account?

Cliffs:
-Iphone 4g stolen
-Was informed by Apple Employee that extended Warranty and MobileMe had been registered to phone
-Was not actually registered to phone
-Is this grounds to complain for new phone/discount

why does happen to nearly every iphone user?

stolen iphone
broken screen iphone
dropped in toilet iphone

nearly every person i know with an iphone is on their 2nd or 3rd phone

why does happen to nearly every iphone user?

stolen iphone
broken screen iphone
dropped in toilet iphone

nearly every person i know with an iphone is on their 2nd or 3rd phone

Even if you have mobileme and all that, if the phone is off it cant be tracked. If the phone gets restored, its gone forever. Whoever has it obviously knows this...

Even if you have mobileme and all that, if the phone is off it cant be tracked. If the phone gets restored, its gone forever. Whoever has it obviously knows this...

Back
Top Bottom