indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 what ya friends doing.

so you're telling me "Spanish Fried Rice" to mean a Mexican working at Panda Express is incorrect?

Im white. Stop calling me caucasian.

Im ok with caucasoid though, it makes it sound like im a robot.

as a fellow latino, im gonna be honest this one doesnt bother me so much ALTHOUGH i will take the time to quickly correct them

spanish & asian are just broad terms in my opinion when you don't know their specific ethnicity

Maybe its just me but I don't like being referred too as African American. Not that im trying to ignore the obvious african roots but that term is way more limiting and imo offensive than black. I was born in Jamaica so were my parents and my grandparents and so on. Blacks just a broader term and I'd rather that than african american

Idk, I grew up in Bushwick. At the time my friends then, and some friends to this day still identify themselves as Spanish. It's not the most correct term, but some identify with it and aren't offended. I guess it really depends on who you talk to. I just had a Dominican co-worker last week say he was dressed "mad spanish" when describing how he was dressed to go to a party. Like I said, it just depends on who you talk to. I will say this, those ignorant people (and they know who they are) who classify every Hispanic person as a Mexican irritates me to no end. I think that is dismissive and quite frankly a racist train of thought. Also those who say "oh, do you speak Mexican?" ( I mean w t f????)
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Antidope

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

it still kills me to this day that my fellow dominicans (im dominican too) deny their black heritage
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i dont really care...

Just as long as they don't call you black huh 

Because i aint black, glad im from NY wherePeople understand da difference...i wouldve straight killed one of u a long time ago.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Antidope

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

it still kills me to this day that my fellow dominicans (im dominican too) deny their black heritage
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Just as long as they don't call you black huh 

Because i aint black, glad im from NY wherePeople understand da difference...i wouldve straight killed one of u a long time ago.
I'm going to preface this question with a disclaimer because I'm honestly not trying to pry nor antagonize but rather gain honest first hand insight. I've met a few people from PR and DR that consider themselves black conversely I've met others who don't. Is it a denial of african blood is it an acknowledgement of other ancestral lines and cultures being represented? I've read about the reverse 1 drop rule in PR so I'm wondering if it's anything like that in DR. Once again I'm not intentionally being rude but rather inquisitive. If my laguage was brash or insulting I apologize. My intent isn't to offend just wanna learn.

Try being Southern European and being called Mexican by everyone you ever meet 
laugh.gif
 I mean it helps me with Mexican girls so I'm not mad, but sometimes it's a pain in the %%% to deal with the typical dumb American or racist white dude

Back
Top Bottom