Stop & Frisk New York Vol. Why I will always pick CA over NY

I'm glad it's on it's last legs.

The most asinine, blatantly racial law I've ever seen. Ridiculous. 
mean.gif

I'm glad it's on it's last legs.

The most asinine, blatantly racial law I've ever seen. Ridiculous. 
mean.gif

This.

The fact it lasted this long is a testament too how soft NYC has become...

Citizens shoulda revolted against this from the jump

I love the culture that is NY...

But I cant **** with they laws bro.

Coming from cali....its waaaay too liberal (hate this political term doe) out here to adjust

'Welcome to Chicago' NYPD cops warn Gotham residents officers will become overly cautious with stop-frisk, predict crime hike
Crime spiral in our future, Finest warn

By LARRY CELONA and JAMIE SCHRAM
Last Updated: 8:12 AM, August 13, 2013
Posted: 1:28 AM, August 13, 2013

View media item 537557
A judge’s overhaul of stop-and-frisk could send Big Apple crime soaring to levels found in blighted cities like Chicago and Detroit, NYPD cops warned yesterday.

“Welcome to Chicago,” said a veteran Bronx police officer, who believes cops will become overly cautious about stopping suspects and let criminals slip through their grasp.

Numerous members of New York’s Finest blasted Manhattan federal Judge Shira Scheindlin’s ruling against stop-and-frisk, which included the appointment of an outside monitor and a requirement that cops in some of the most crime-ridden precincts wear cameras to record their conduct.

“If that’s what the judge wants, crime’s going to go up,’’ the Bronx cop said.

“It would be real difficult to go after someone that you suspect for doing a crime” with the new ruling.

He said the ruling will even discourage some officers from trying to solve reported crimes.

“It sounds like all that cops are going to do now if someone is robbed, mugged or shot is take a report, and that’s it,” he feared.

“He’s not going to be able to look for the person who did it,’’ in contrast to the police tactic of hunting for perps through stop-and-frisks, the source said.

One police source said the idea of adding yet another layer of oversight to the NYPD in the form of a court monitor is not only bureaucracy at its worst but a big waste of taxpayer money, too.

“Look, we have Internal Affairs. Every command has an integrity-control officer. Every division and every bureau has an inspections unit. There’s also quality assurance. [And] don’t forget [the Civilian Complaint Review Board],’’ the source said.

“You’ve never seen a more monitored entity than the NYPD.”

The judge ordered that cops from the precinct in each borough with the highest amount of stops in 2012 will be required to wear the cameras as they perform stops. A federal monitor will then decide whether the cameras were successful in preventing unconstitutional stops.

“Will cops think twice before they act? They might very well hesitate. The camera is an unwanted hassle,” the source said.

View media item 537560‘DANGEROUS’:Mayor Bloomberg, joined by Police Commissioner Ray Kelly at City Hall yesterday, warns of rising crime rates as a result of the stop-and-frisk ruling.

Mayor Bloomberg yesterday said the cameras were an unnecessary hindrance.

“We can’t have your cameraman follow you around and film things without people questioning whether they deliberately chose an angle, whether they got the whole picture in,” Bloomberg said at a press conference. “It would be a nightmare.”

Bloomberg said the cameras could expose police officers to more complaints.

“A camera on the lapel or the hat of the police officer, he turned the right way or he didn’t turn the right way — ‘My God, he deliberately did it!’ — it is a solution that is not a solution to the problem.”

[email protected]

realtalk police in chicago be spooked af. i committed all types of crimes right in front of them. a lot of them know how ugly it can get and how fast it can happen.

a couple years ago they made a new rule that detectives have to wear the regular uniform because they were creepin up on dudes and getting their heads blown off

I might be the only person I know to never be stopped and searched and I'm always staring at the nypd when they walk or drive by.

TYBG that it's being reformed before it was my turn. Especially since I have a problem with being a smartass at the wrong times.

If it was me in his situation that night I definitely would've been ****** up and arrested.
K Dot is the king of both coasts 
I'll accept him over joey badass or anyone in asap mob.

^^^ my peoples in stl was saying the same thing there
they say cops come like 30mins after when ish has died down :rofl:

In mia dectives and co are told not to go on south beach for that same reason...
they was gettin caught slippin with no badge or gun :x

Waiting for the clowns to say racism is almost non-existent.

Just goes to show, until you wear the skin of the ones preyed upon you will NEVER understand. Ever.

Bottom line, stop walking around in a manner that suggests you're up to no good and you won't be stopped and frisked. I'm pro stop and frisk at the moment.

Bottom line, stop walking around in a manner that suggests you're up to no good and you won't be stopped and frisked. I'm pro stop and frisk at the moment.
Yeah because the only people who get stopped and frisked are up to no good, they don't single anybody out.

Back
Top Bottom