Stoudemire Spending Reported $100,000 to Learn From Hakeem Olajuwon

Dudes go to and pay for lessons every summer. Not that big of a deal. I guess because it's Hakeem it gets more pub but Tim Grgurich has been running a big man camp for years that guys either pay out of pocket for their teams pay for them.

Never too old and never too late to learn. Hakeem is one of the all-time greats, I am surprised a team hasn't tried to employ him and use his services exclusively.

Dwight and Amar'e never went to college, though.
You can't learn to effectively play the post in HS, surrounded by 5 foot guards.
Plus big men ain't the only one that payed for The Dream to work with them...he tutored Kobe and Bron too. Both players benefited tremendously from the lessons, even though they aren't centers.
Don't see any problem here.

kobe and bron didnt go to college either.

Im glad guys are going to see him but I think they need more than 2 weeks. Dwight is still trash in the paint btw

Dudes go to and pay for lessons every summer. Not that big of a deal. I guess because it's Hakeem it gets more pub but Tim Grgurich has been running a big man camp for years that guys either pay out of pocket for their teams pay for them.
Thank you for making sense here. People pay for skill development every damn summer. They pay it or the team pays it. This is nothing new. Like you said, it is Dream so it is news. 8)

Saw that Nigerian scam joke on InsideHoops about 2 or 3 days ago...

Surprising he only charges 50k a week, That's a damn bargain, That's pocket change to these NBA players.

Last edited:
Saw that Nigerian scam joke on InsideHoops about 2 or 3 days ago...
Surprising he only charges 50k a week, That's a damn bargain, That's pocket change to these NBA players.

I'm not trying to be Christopher Columbus, I don't even go on that board :lol:

kobe and bron didnt go to college either.
Im glad guys are going to see him but I think they need more than 2 weeks. Dwight is still trash in the paint btw

smartest thing they could do.. but kobe already had a post game (even in high school), which lebron, amare and dwight didnt have, and frankly up to this point in their career still dont.. so it is smart to do so..

^i think he gave yao free lessons
what has patrick ewing taught dwight all these years?

^i think he gave yao free lessons
what has patrick ewing taught dwight all these years?

Umm defense?

Its not like Hakeem is a miracle worker and unleashed Dwights hidden potential to be a 35 ppg scorer. Its a combination of years of coaching by Ewing and incorporating some lessons from Hakeem. Dwight has made improvements, people who don't watch enough Magic games are the ones who say "he's garbage on offense" still.

smartest thing they could do.. but kobe already had a post game (even in high school), which lebron, amare and dwight didnt have, and frankly up to this point in their career still dont.. so it is smart to do so..
You obviously haven't watched much miami games, Lebron has a post game & was the most efficient in the league in the post if i'm not mistaken

I think it's good to see players still wanting to learn & add tools to their game. These big men of todays NBA surely need as much help as they can get, hopefully they all go to hakeem or someone else along those lines that can show them something.

Last edited:
I think it's good to see players still wanting to learn & add tools to their game. These big men of todays NBA surely need as much help as they can get, hopefully they all go to hakeem or someone else along those lines that can show them something.

Then these big men should be begging (or at least WANT) to play in Houston. Get to work with McHale and Hakeem.

The sad thing in all of this is Hakeem gets all of the credit and not the video coordinators, lower level assistant coaches, trainers etc. I know personally that all of those dudes put in countless hours with Dwight behind the scenes but if he improves, it will be because of Hakeem. Unfair. 8)

The sad thing in all of this is Hakeem gets all of the credit and not the video coordinators, lower level assistant coaches, trainers etc. I know personally that all of those dudes put in countless hours with Dwight behind the scenes but if he improves, it will be because of Hakeem. Unfair. 8)

isnt that how it always goes? same goes for tim grover.. he might be a great trainer, but he also has plenty of staff that never got the recognition.

Given that Amar'e came straight out of HS of course he was living off his athleticism and was never taught post moves or bothered to learn. The way I see it if Kobe can go and learn from the legend anyone should if they got the money to spend on it.

Never too old and never too late to learn. Hakeem is one of the all-time greats, I am surprised a team hasn't tried to employ him and use his services exclusively.

Like I said before, Hakeem is a devout Muslim. Anyone that's around the city of Houston knows this as well. Dude spends the entire day at his local Mosque (I know this because I have friends down there that tell me all the time). The only time he leaves is when he absolutely has to. And that's probably to see family and teach guys post moves :lol:

You don't think teams called him up already? They've been doing this for years and years since he's retired. It's just not something he has interest in doing.

Last edited:
Sounds like a Nigerian Scam to me

Back
Top Bottom